Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Summer's Keys to the Kingdom Tour Review*SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Oh no... we found a secret Restroom at WDW!!!!
    LOL!

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

awesome review... My parents took that tour a few years ago and loved it.... I gotta do it some day... however I did take a few "official" tours during my CPs. (note to other and future CPs, this is looked down upon... but during my last CP I only went through once, and it was a legitimate reason as i was there for a meeting, and the other times on my first CP I was with my roomate who just so happend had to go pick up his paycheck ).
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

They must always have 12 pieces of flair, I mean pins.
    Just remember those TPS reports still need covers!

• WDW FAN

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    1. Magic Kingdom was built from the ground up. Since about 10ft down in Florida you hit water, they first built the Utilidor and then took all the dirt from what is now Bay Lake and built Magic Kingdom on top of it.

AWESOME Recap but one small, teeny, tiny typo......Bay Lake is a natural lake, it is on the West Side of the Contemporary. 7 Seas Lagoon, man-made, is the one in front of the Magic Kingdom. That dirt was used to cover up the 1st floor.

Great post. I took the tour back in 2001 or so and we ran out of time before finishing. Thanks for telling us the whole story. It's interesting to note that somethings we did on our tour were differnt from yours, such as going into the utilitdoors or "tunnel" as CMs say, from Fantasy Fair, the store next to Philharmagic.

The creater of both statues and the heads for the Hall of Presidents is Blaine Gibson. He comes out of retirement to do a new "Partners" statue for a park opening - i.e. HKDL or a new president for HOP.

Also, if you want to see aerial shots of WDW, and you should, because they are really neat, use Google Earth at earth.google.com
    If your computer can't handle it, use Google Maps at maps.google.com

One of the neatest things to see is the Hidden Mickey in the WDW Speedway lake in front of MK.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by gwbeachjr
    AWESOME Recap but one small, teeny, tiny typo......Bay Lake is a natural lake, it is on the West Side of the Contemporary. 7 Seas Lagoon, man-made, is the one in front of the Magic Kingdom. That dirt was used to cover up the 1st floor.
    Oops! Your right, thanks for clearing that up. All that information, I was amazed I remember any of it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by CraigSam
    Great post. I took the tour back in 2001 or so and we ran out of time before finishing. Thanks for telling us the whole story. It's interesting to note that somethings we did on our tour were differnt from yours, such as going into the utilitdoors or "tunnel" as CMs say, from Fantasy Fair, the store next to Philharmagic.

The creater of both statues and the heads for the Hall of Presidents is Blaine Gibson. He comes out of retirement to do a new "Partners" statue for a park opening - i.e. HKDL or a new president for HOP.

Also, if you want to see aerial shots of WDW, and you should, because they are really neat, use Google Earth at earth.google.com
    If your computer can't handle it, use Google Maps at maps.google.com

One of the neatest things to see is the Hidden Mickey in the WDW Speedway lake in front of MK.
    I have done that, I think it looks amazing, although Google Earth still has 20K Leagues in the photo so its a touch outdated. LOL

They did show us an aerial in the Utilidor of the parks, he told us that they don't release it because its another way they try and preserve the magic. Glad you liked the post, thanks for reading!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

When we went to go on the ride, Matthew lead us through another door I had been DYING to go through but never have. There is a servants quarters door as you leave the exit and I have always wondered where it went and I see CM's going through it all the time. Turns out its for handicap people who can't stand in a queue and its a connector from the exit to the first room of the ride. That's how the CM's get through to meet the people coming into the mansion. Matthew also had to hit a button on the wall so we would be counted, since we didn't go through the turnstiles.
    yeah, this is a great little hallway...my father broke his heel and ws wheelchair bound on our last trip...so, we went through this little hall. It was great to see a little "backstage" of the mansion. And I thought it was great that even this was decorated! What made it even more fun, A CM popped out of a door and scared us all half to death!

And thank you, thank you, thank you for the info on Tinkerbell! My family and I have wondered about that since our trip in November!!! I can't wait to pass on the info!
    Last edited by Stitchy; 06-14-2006 at 12:37 PM.

Great report summer. dh and I did the tour in Feb and had Matthew too. He is a great guide. Our keys are in our curio cabinet. I would do the tour again. You are so lucky getting to go into Hm> It was broken down during our trip so we got JC and Peter Pan.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo
    yeah, this is a great little hallway...my father broke his heel and ws wheelchair bound on our last trip...so, we went through this little hall. It was great to see a little "backstage" of the mansion. And I thought it was great that even this was decorated! What made it even more fun, A CM popped out of a door and scared us all half to death!

And thank you, thank you, thank you for the info on Tinkerbell! My family and I have wondered about that since our trip in November!!! I can't wait to pass on the info!
    Your quite welcome!

• most magical vaca ever

Thanks Summer for such a great report on this tour

My eyes have been glued to my monitor for a long time reading it all that now my eyes hurt

This tour sounds awesome and I just may have to take it on our next WDW trip
    ~~~~~~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12