Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• If We Can Dream It...

Disney recieves lawsuit for Mission:Space Death

This has been posted on other websites so, I thought I might post it here.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...home-headlines

I felt sorry for the family originally but, that is pretty much out the door now. They post ride warnings for a reason folks. If the kid had some freaky heart condition then how is it disney's fault? I'll post more in a second...

• If We Can Dream It...

Re: Disney recieves lawsuit for Mission:Space Death

It's not like disney hasn't warned people. People need to heed these warnings. This doesn't apply exactly to that family but it is relevant. I totally understand the family being mad, sad, whatever. Suing Disney is uncalled for. <Predicts future: Sees family with huge legal fees>

I was there the day the incident happen. I was just about to show the CM my fastpasses at the entrance when all of a sudden a commotion started. Disney was definitely worried about what was going on. They were so "worried" that my younger brother wouldn't ride M:S until they opened the tame ver., and we didn't even know what had happened.

Now I feel more sorry for disney than the family. Lawsuits aren't always the answer people. Sigh....
    </IMG></IMG>

• Still wants to be a cat!

People are just sue happy....anything to try and make a buck!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Itsn't it hilarious to see that the family is "deeply religious" and yet they're suing a year later. Sorry...I feel sorry that the kid died yes, but not for the family. There are signs posted everywhere for rides. They chose to put their child on Mission:Space and that ended up costing him his life. That's utter BS that they say they weren't told about the intensity of the ride.

• If We Can Dream It...

Poor Disney and M:S. They just can't catch a break. Once again, used to feel sorry for family, don't any more.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I'm pretty sure Disney will see this through to trial, if the court even takes it. No hush money or settlement coming in this one. Clear cut: Disney really isn't at fault.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Interesting. People are already talking about why Disney isn't at fault, etc, but maybe we're not as informed as we think we are? If nothing else, the case will bring more light to the subject as both sides present their evidence.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Unless there is some sort of shock surprise evidence or contention, based on the article, the basis of the case is pretty weak. THe case MAY have something on the medical level, but I think both the height requirement and "lack" of warnings is bogus. All I know is this: I love Spin'n'Puke carnival rides, and the warnings SCARED ME almost into not riding it in 2004. If the warnings can scare a 15 year old that WANTED to ride the ride beforehand like that, I think they are adequate enough.

EDIT: I guess what I'm getting at is even IF Disney is indeed at fault in some way, I don't think the case that is being built is going to convince anyone of that.

• Disney Memory Maker

This is absolutely rediculous. My view is that they are trying to place the blame on someone else because they think its their fault they didn't know about his condition. The only evidence that should be needed in this case is that he died from a pre-existing condition. For goodness sake, the autopsy report labels the manner of death as "natural." I hope this suit comes to a very fast decision that Disney is not to blame.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    People are just sue happy....anything to try and make a buck!
    Probably because since that day they have been approached by countless laywers.

• Banned User

lets see big corporation= lots of money, and gee didn't someone die out in california on a aride and I am sure that family got lots of money.... and wasn't this family from another country? I am sure they could argue they didn't understand the warnings or something along those lines. I am sure disney offered to settle and they got a lawyer who saw dollar signs. which means a bigger settlement. and if they say they aren't in if for the money they are lieing. of course theyare or they wouldn't be suing.

Blog Entries

The law is strange on this issue and in the end I think Disney will wind up paying something.

A football player died a few years back at FSU during workouts. He apparently had an undiagnosed heart defect and he died because of it during summer workouts. Now it was not the workouts that killed him, but the unknown heart defect which was aggrivated by the workout. The family sued the school and one a huge amount.

That situation is really no different than this situation. The ride did not kill the child, he had a heart defect. However the ride did aggrevate the heart defect which did have some corelation between it. If FSU can be held liable, so can Disney.

If a thief can break into my house and while escaping out the back, fall into a hole being dug for a swimming pool and win a court case against me for his injuries, then Disney will be held liable as well.

My bet is that the company will quietly settle out of court. The PR damage for fighting this in the court along with the cost of litigation would outweight the cost of a settlement any day.

My bet is that the company will settle quietly with the family and as part of that settlement, the family will not be allowed to speak of the case in the public anymore.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Well my AP price just went up..

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Did you listen to the phone call recording that was made to Reedy Creek Paramedics?

There was a long delay in determining that the child wasn't breathing. I think this is where Disney is at fault, and will end up having to settle.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradent...l/11897901.htm

A tape recording of the 911 call shows Disney workers took more than two minutes before starting CPR on the lifeless child.A Mission: Space supervisor thought Daudi simply had passed out on the thrill ride. He didn't mention that the child was not breathing until a fire rescue dispatcher asked 1 minute 20 seconds into the emergency call.

"Is he breathing?" the female dispatcher asked."Is he breathing?" the male supervisor responded. "No. He's currently not breathing."A quick back-and-forth followed."He's not breathing?" she asked."No," the man responded.

Reedy Creek Fire Rescue spokesman Bo Jones confirmed that CPR did not begin until more than 2&#189; minutes into the emergency call. He said the sooner CPR is begun after someone stops breathing, the better the chances are for survival.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast