Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What EXACTLY is Epcot?

You can enjoy the atmosphere in Mexico w/o having to eat at San Angel Inn.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella
    You can enjoy the atmosphere in Mexico w/o having to eat at San Angel Inn.
    Yes, as I am not one to opt for Mexican food or (in my opinion) a cheaper version of the Blue Bayou. But then again... I'd rather dine at Morocco and I'm a picky eater. What does that tell you? Good food!!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I'm EXTREMLY picky...so, I'll dodge the mexican and German AND Morrocan...and probably head for the Italian...anybody eaten there? Any good?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo
    I'm EXTREMLY picky...so, I'll dodge the mexican and German AND Morrocan...and probably head for the Italian...anybody eaten there? Any good?
    No. It was on my list but I could never make it in because it's always been booked when I tried. I have heard amazing things about it and it IS on my list! Same goes for Canada. France was good though - but I only dined on the first level.

I think the place I dined at the most at Epcot was The Electric Umbrella. Simple. Tasty. And close to the enterance for when I was arriving after work.

This is funny because I dodge the Italian places in WDW since I have access to great food Italian at home. No, I haven't tried Alfredo's. However, I have tried Mama Melrose's in MGM and Portobello Yacht Club in DTD in the past and both have been decent enough. And both places we hadn't planned on dining at, but they were the only ones at the time that we taking walk ups w/o an insane wait time.

As far as the Biergarten, there is some pretty basic food in there if I remember correctly that picky eaters would eat. They've got pretzel bread on the buffet. I enjoy their sauerbraten and their apple strudel with the vanilla sauce.

Morrocco is also pretty decent. They have a really good soup there. And I don't think what they offer there is all that exotic. I enjoy the bastilla and the chicken couscous.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Alfredo's has excellent food and great service. My only gripe is that they have about 20% too many tables crammed in there. You're basically sitting shoulder to shoulder with the tables around you. As long as that doesn't bother you, go for it!

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I have eaten in Alfredo's about 3 times and each time the food has been good. You need to make priority seating for there as it tends to be booked. It is usually full - I guess Italian is an easy one, most picky eaters will at least eat pasta.
    I do like most of the food aroung the worldshowcase, on each menu there is something everyone can at least eat, with the exception of Norway(wasn't one of my favorites) . I like Germany. The food there is pretty basic and not too exotic. France is good also
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

I guess Italian is an easy one, most picky eaters will at least eat pasta.
    well....there goes that! I must have had a temporary lapse of memory...the friend that's going with us doesn't eat pasta...so, I guess it's not fair to drag her there. UGH!! THIS will be a pain in the tail! When you put the two of us together; it's impossible to feed us. I would still REALLY like to go there.....maybe, I'll just make her suffer!

well....there goes that! I must have had a temporary lapse of memory...the friend that's going with us doesn't eat pasta...so, I guess it's not fair to drag her there. UGH!! THIS will be a pain in the tail! When you put the two of us together; it's impossible to feed us. I would still REALLY like to go there.....maybe, I'll just make her suffer!
    She doesn't have to get a pasta dish. Try looking at the menus on allearsnet.com website to give you an idea what is on the menus for all WDW dining locations: http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm
    Not all entrees at an Italian establishment contain pasta, check Alfredo's menu to see if there is an entree that isn't pasta that she may be interested in.
    Amanda

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

We walked out once. Lol. It seemed expensive and I agree with Dan...it was *tight* in there.

And besides when your grandmother is Italian no restaurant ever makes good Italian food. Lol. Just didn't seem worth it at the time...and we've never felt the need to look into it again.

Thank you, Manda bella....I have found the greatest web sites throught this one...ya'll are just great. They should mention ya'll in a guide book!

It was a few years back but, I'm pretty sure we ate at Alfredo's and the food was good but pricey. I do not remember the dining room because we ate at one of the outside tables. Not sure if I'd say it was the best Italian food I've ever had but the atmosphere and service certainly helped enhance the dining experience.

But I could be biased with all the great Italian places here in Boston especially the N. End (not to mention my own cooking)

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic
    But I could be biased with all the great Italian places here in Boston especially the N. End (not to mention my own cooking)
    Oh man. The North End used to have some of the best little delis to get excellent sandwhiches...there are still good ones but boy 10 years back there were some great ones. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Do you have a 27B/6?

I enjoyed eating at Alfredo's...everyone is right: tasty but pricey. Italy in Epcot is also the only place I can seem to find a Bellini cocktail, too. I'm a sucker for them.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123