Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Ride Discussion: Space Mountain

I know many people here do not like WDW's Space at all. They want it gutted, cleared out and built anew.

But some, including myself, love it how it is. There is a certain amount of classic nostalgia that could be lost in a big rehab.

So? How do you like WDW's Space Mountain?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Ride Discussion: Space Mountain

I like the layout and think it should be kept. I do feel that new effects would be a welcome addition.

• Minion

Layout is good. Smoother track and better effects would be nice. Don't think there's a need to gut the whole thing and start over.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I don't think it should be gutted but I do think it needs to be updated. Some track work, some more special effects and it would be a great update.

I do like the nostalgia that comes with it, knowing I rode it as a child but I do also like change, so I would love an upgrade to it most definitely.

It hurts people's back. Not mine, but my mom, DH, aunt, etc. can no longer ride it because of that. And I learned the hard way if you are a well endowed female, make sure you wear a good bra when you ride it.

So...yes a rehab of some kind to smooth the track would help wonders. I love the idea of Space Mountain.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella
    And I learned the hard way if you are a well endowed female, make sure you wear a good bra when you ride it.

You, appropriately, get a pair of nice, round LOL's for that comment! HA HA!
    Last edited by Pacha; 06-14-2006 at 11:45 AM.

i think it needs to be re done...it does hurt and after riding the DL version, I would see no reason to wait in line for the MK Space Mountain at this point.

• Banned User

The WDW Space Mountain is a classic, but sadly is aging not as well as it should. I personally would keep the same layout and update effects and such. However, people don’t want that even though DL’s Space Mountain is its original layout, mostly. It has a new track and sound system with song. WDW could replace the track and add a killer sound system to new rockets as well as enclosing the space station and such. This would create an improved ride experience.

• Banned User

Bill's New IMPROVED version of WDW's Space Mountain involves an Incredibles overlay, also taking over the TTA track. In brand new, futuristic shaped cars, you'll fly through the galaxy, learn about X-S, meet 9-eye, and ride in style in the new futuristic mass transist system presented by GM. The Incredibles Rocket Ods opens Fall 2007.... right.

Honestly, ditch the current track, enclose the loading and unloading, mag-launch the rockets straight up, and make the ride faster. That outta do it.

I personally loved Space Mountain the first time I rode it as a kid. In fact it was to one and only attraction I looked forward to the most on my next vistit. (which was 10 years later in 98) And it continued being my favorite attraction untill about 3 years ago when the ride really began showing its age. An I find myself not being as eager to ride it let alone wanting to go on it more than once.

The track should remain the same layout (as did DL's) but must be smoothed out, a little bumbiness is okay but now it is much too rough. Some new special effects and possible new ride vehicles would be nice. Not too sure how I feel about adding audio though, I kinda like the sound of the coasters zooming around and the screams from other coasters.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Honestly, ditch the current track, enclose the loading and unloading, mag-launch the rockets straight up, and make the ride faster. That outta do it.
    Hahaha. Put LIMs on a Guerslatuer EuroFighter basically?

Blog Entries

I've posted this a hundred times but here goes again.

This ride needs to retain it's nostalgia factor. It doesn't need to be turned into a launch coaster with loops and corkscrews (although I do admit that the launch would really fit this ride). This should retain its charm as a family coaster. So, here's what I suggest.

1. Update the queu so it doesn't look like a vinyl siding commercial from 1971 and add some better effects in the windows as you're walking in.

2. Find some way to make it darker inside. I still want to be able to see the cars zooming around, but I don't want to be able to see the track.

3. Refurbish the track. I don't mind a little bit of change to the track, but for the most part keep it as it is. However make it much smoother as it's entirely too rough.

4. I could care less about having music on the ride. If they can find a way to make it fit good then go ahead, but I don't want surf music or something totally unrelated to Space.

5. POST SHOW, POST SHOW, POST SHOW. This ride used to be known as the ride with the premiere post show. In fact, they even encouraged guests who were afraid to ride it to wait in line, and just skip over the ride just to get to the post show. It was that good. Sadly, there is no RYCA Family of tomorow anymore and those sad little tv's which are duct taped to the wall just don't cut it anymore. Put something worth while in here and something I want to check out as I'm leaving. It doesn't have to be the family of tomorrow, it could just be more of the space station or something, but give me something amazing to look at on my walk out, and also give some scenes that can only be seen from TTA like it used to be.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I was totally cool with the way Space Mountain was, my last time riding in it was 2003.

Then I went to DL.

After that, seeing what they could do with an old track but new concepts, well, I think an upgrade might be the answer. The ride in DL is much darker, the queue much fuller and the whole place has a new lease on life.

Peace out,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Banned User

Space Mountain sucks currently. I want a total revamping to get it up to California and Paris standards. The Florida Space Mountain is housed in such a large building...they could do so much more with it.

^^ Paris standard, I hope not!! I was highly disappointed with the DLP version of Space, it looks gorgeous from the outside but I think it was rougher than the WDW's. (back in '04 before it was Mission 2) The launch was so slow and not at all what i expected and my neck was soar from being banged around so much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast