View Poll Results: Best Time To Go To WDW?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • December - Between Thanksgiving & Christmas

16 53.33%
  • Springtime - After Spring Break in April

11 36.67%
  • Next Summer - In July or August

3 10.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Poll: Best Time To Go To WDW

This question has been asked numerous times, by numerous people, wanting to go to WDW and wondering when is the best time to go.

Instead of trying to search past threads, I'd thought I'd create a new thread asking the same old question, but with a poll added to it.

I want to go back to WDW, and the original plan was to go this August. But with being laid off this past March, that got put on hold. With me returning to work though, this August is next to impossible.

So the question is, should I go between Thanksgiving & Christmas, next Spring around April, or next Summer like around July or August? I've already asked my good friend, and fellow micechatter, SummerinFl her opinions on it. But I could use some other opinions here too. So any information, suggestions, or advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

• Sailing Away

Re: Poll: Best Time To Go To WDW

I vote for springtime. It's warm, but not too warm, everything is blooming, and the crowds don't seem to be as crazy. December is a great time to go for decorations and special events, but it's been really cold a few times I went (the I-wore-five-layers type of cold). The Christmas Illuminations is awesome, though. July and August have that heat that wants to melt you to the pavement. I still have fun in July, but I'm so tired by the end of my vacation. I try to avoid that weather if at all possible.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Minion

I should add.....

I have been to Florida, to the Disney parks, TWICE during the Summer. Which was in August, but it's been 16 years. So I know what the heat feels like there. Granted, I was a bit younger then and didn't care about it. So it could feel differently as an adult. I'd be there having a great time, and probably still wouldn't care about the heat. But another thing to consider for the Summer, is the hurricanes. We went within a 2 year period the last time we went to Florida, and we avoided them then. May not be so lucky the next time.

• Just this guy......

I personally like to go the week after labor day. You have the summer weather, but none of the crowds

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Christmas is a great time to go because of the decorations and the forework show if fabulaous. Especially with Mickey's Very Merry...
    But, Spring is also great- especially around the flower festival at EPOCT. Amazing. The weather is aroung 80's and perfect. So i guess I am not too much help
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I second the week after Labor Day for like minimal crowds
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Shablagoo!

I've gone a couple weeks into September with light to no crowds.
    Then I went a few days after new years day. It had light crowds, but was cold (well cold for most people, I was fine with it since I'm from WA).
    I've also gone in late October and saw light crowds then as well. September was hot, October was quite pleasant, January was cold.

Personally, I prefer October for MNSSHP and F&WF and between Thanksgiving and Christmas for the Holiday festivities. My DH and I usually alternate between these two time periods. And lately, we've been throwing in Spring for the Flower and Garden Festival...

So given your choices, I would choose the Christmas period for the holidays stuff with the lower crowds and cooler temperatures. Now, I've been there in early December when it was hot and when it was cool. It's a gamble with the weather that time of year. So, be prepared to pack a jackets as well as shorts. Also during this time period, Mousefest is going on. Mousefest, if you are unaware, is a gathering of several Disney online communities that include the DIS. It's also the time period where the Pop Warner kids are there. They typically stay at the Value resorts. Also, Regis and Kelly will film the Christmas parade for broadcast later in December earlier in the month. Epcot has Holiday storytellers around the world and the Candlelight Processional with a celebrity narrator. Illuminations gets a holiday tag. Magic Kingom has Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) select nights. MGM has the Osbourne Lights. Animal Kingdom gets Mickey's Jammin' Jingle Parade. And then, there's the resorts themselves. I highly recommend visiting the Grand FLoridian, Beach & Yacht, Wilderness, and Boardwalk resorts for their decorations made of edible goodies.

And I will be there this December 2006, and am looking forward to it!

Also keep in mind that Spring Breaks around the country vary widly....from early March to as late as late April. Some schools Spring Breaks will coincide with Easter.
    Last edited by MandaBella; 06-15-2006 at 12:59 PM.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

I had to vote for the most wonderful time of the year!

December is perfect you still get all the holiday entertainment that has already been mentioned the weather is comfortable and the resorts are priced for value season. The early morning and evenings maybe a bit cool especially for those of you who are used to the warm weather. But for me being a hearty New Englander it was a much welcomed change and a sweatshirt is good enough for the cooler hours of the day.

I can't wait to return, hopefully the first week of December. Last year we were there for the taping for many segments of the Christmas Parade. For anyone who doesn't know, it is not really live Christmas day but is taped (completely out of order) over 3-4 days in early December.

• Minion

I'd consider this December, if it wasn't for the fact that it's kinda crunch time for B & and I bills wise. It would take a few months to save up for a trip, and for the next couple of months we have some catching up to do. Was off work the past 3 months due to a broken arm.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Holiday Wishes + Osborne Family Lights = December wins.

• Former CM

I say early December too. Very little to no rain and temps in the 70's. Very nice weather all around. Plus everything is all set for the holidays. I wish I could go again this year, but I'll have to settle for Dec of 07.

• The one, the only...

I have been to WDW in Spring, in Fall (about the last week in October) and early December.

I think that for all the decorations, December is the best time. But the down side is that it is not that warm, so water parks are out. Early December usually has all the Christmas Decorations but not the crowds that come later in the month. The Holidays and Disney is a MAGICAL combination.

But if you don't, or can't, do early December, then October is the best month. It is better than spring because it seems to have less chance at rain. It is still warm, (mid 80's) to do water parks. Crowds from summer are usually gone by then.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

Funny thing though is, in the research I've done for it, April has the least recorded rainfall, even less than November or December at 1.8 inches.

• Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    But the down side is that it is not that warm, so water parks are out.
    It was warm enough to go to the water parks the last 2 years when I went in early Dec.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast