Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Millionaire's Final Answer

According to another Disney website, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Play It! is scheduled to close August 19th.

I know I may be in the minority, but I will miss it.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• If We Can Dream It...

Re: Millionaire's Final Answer

I know what web site you're talking about. I though if another web site had exclusive news it was okay to link to it, isn't that what kevin said in another post? I having trouble with the whole "when can and can't cite another web site" deal.

Okay back on topic, I'm not all that sad to see WWTBAM go. It wasn't horrible but, it's time has come and gone. I guess we can get geared up for Midway Mania. Will it have a different name at the studios?

• Robot Chicken Rules!

midway mania? what's that attraction about or going to be.

• If We Can Dream It...

In short answer Supposed to be BUZZ: the next generation. You'll don 3D glasses and board specially designed ride vehicles. Supposed to be themed around Toy Story. I actually think this will be a welcomed addition to the studios and DCA. It's better than a bunch of empty soundstages on Mickey Ave.

Here on Mice Age, Al's got a piece about it found at http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al053006e.htm

NOOOOOO it can't close I haven't been in the hot seat yet!!!!!!

Everytime I go to Millionaire I am and they post the audience score, which would show who would be the next contestant, I am usually 2 or 3 on the list.

• If We Can Dream It...

How many WWTBAM theaters are there. I think there are 2 but I'm not sure. The one and only time I went to it the wait seemed to be for forever and obviously the theater(s) suck up a lot of people at once.

• Banned User

There is one theater.. which takes up 2 sound stages i thought.... Sad they have to use their perfectly good soundstages for an attraction.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Midway Madness is supposed to replace that? Boo. Bad Imagineering, bad, bad Imagineering. I'm not a big fan of cloning rides, but I'm even MORE opposed to it when the ride shouldn't be cloned because it won't fit, and ESPECIALLY since they haven't even built ONE Midway Madness and so they have no clue about what reaction may be like...sigh...oh well.

• Banned User

midway madness hasn't even opened in dca. How do they know if it's going to be a hit or not? seems like a waste of money if it's a flop and then they have to deal with two of them. I would rather see the ride open at dca adn then it can be tweaked to fit here. I am not liking this building the same ride in two different parks at the same time. just my opinion of course

• Banned User

Thney could build the props for both at the same time... but only build one ride at a time.. still save money...

• If We Can Dream It...

Remember that this is a new version of a shoot-em-up ride so the formula has been somewhat proven with buzz. And if you remember space mountain was being built at Mk when DL decided it needed one of its own. It's the same thing here. A similar deal occurred with the Haunted Mansion; Dl and Mk's were fabricated at the same time in '69. They just had to wait for the Mk to open. I guess we're just lucky both of the aforementioned attractions turned out to be such hits. Of course we could have another Meet the World situation, in which only one of the two parks carries through with building the ride. Let's just hope the imagineers are right in thinking that these rides will be hits.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

What I don't understand is why they would want Midway Madness at all at the Studios. It fits the theme of paradise pier, but not the studios.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• If We Can Dream It...

I think the concept fits but, definitely not the name. WDI will be able to come up with a similarly cheesy but just as catchy name, maybe... starlight showdown or something.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    What I don't understand is why they would want Midway Madness at all at the Studios. It fits the theme of paradise pier, but not the studios.
    This is my biggest problem with it...also that Superstar Television theater is sitting empty...why not use that? It seems large...fill that in before we start replacing attractions, please.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

well if MGM isn't going to be doing any actually production, then they have a huge space they can fill. I mean four huge soundstages. they could move one man's dream over to the superstar theatre and sounds dangerous complex. or they could build a small biulding somewhere on the property that could house a small museum, relocate COP, and clean up and relocate the plane. I am sure something like that wouldn't take up alot of space and would be a real treat for the kids. they could also have changing exhibits from tthe studio from time to time. and what would make it even better is that you would get free admission if you went to one of the parks that day.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast