Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: question about the Grand Floridian

I am staying at the GF for the final 2 nights of my next WDW vacation. Yes I am probably spending too much money for the room, even with my AAA discount. However, I would like to experience all the Disney Hotels. It will be nice to stay so close to the Magic Kingdom, for the final 2 nights of my 9 day vacation. I am having Afternoon Tea the day I arrive at the GF. I also have a PS for Breakfast at 1900 Park Faire. Say what you will, I won't go to WDW, and stay off property. I'll pay the little extra and have the 24 hour Disney experience.

The first 6 nights of this vacation are at the Caribbean Beach. I am shooting for the Wilderness Lodge for my next WDW vacation, and I think I have my husband convinced to come back to WDW after his absence of 10 years.

well, it's booked! november 1st and 2nd, a room with a garden view (the agent said there are no rooms with MK views??? ), but anyway I'm sooooo looking forward to it! I hope to try all the restaurants in the hotel, i presume you have to make reservations for the restaurant you can see the fireworks from? If so is there an e-mail address because it's soooo expensive to call from Ireland! also, I bought tickets for Mickey's not-so-scary halloween party and Mickeys very mery christmas party! can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    I am staying at the GF for the final 2 nights of my next WDW vacation. Yes I am probably spending too much money for the room, even with my AAA discount. However, I would like to experience all the Disney Hotels. It will be nice to stay so close to the Magic Kingdom, for the final 2 nights of my 9 day vacation. I am having Afternoon Tea the day I arrive at the GF. I also have a PS for Breakfast at 1900 Park Faire. Say what you will, I won't go to WDW, and stay off property. I'll pay the little extra and have the 24 hour Disney experience.
    Barabaraann, I wasn't trying to dissuade you or anyone else from staying at the GF. Just offering an experienced opinion. I'm sure, FWIW, that you'll have a great time at the Flo.

Some people want to be immersed in Disney 24 hours a day, so they pay a premium to do so. Often, I am one of those! But I also have a lot of travel experience to know the value of what I am getting for the money. I would never choose the GF over the Ritz if the cost was equal, but everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    The first 6 nights of this vacation are at the Caribbean Beach. I am shooting for the Wilderness Lodge for my next WDW vacation, and I think I have my husband convinced to come back to WDW after his absence of 10 years.
    The WL is my fave WDW resort. Good luck in getting your husband to join you. The place is incredible and I find the location to be among the best at WDW because you're secluded on Bay Lake, but not far from the action either. And if your husband isn't into all the theme parks, the WL and area is a destination in its own right with boating, swimming, fishing, biking, horseback riding etc ... all right there or close by!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Don't worry, I understood your intent. I like to hear all the pros and cons of things. That is actually the best way to make an educated decision.

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by Remember the Magic
    well, it's booked! november 1st and 2nd, a room with a garden view (the agent said there are no rooms with MK views??? ), but anyway I'm sooooo looking forward to it! I hope to try all the restaurants in the hotel, i presume you have to make reservations for the restaurant you can see the fireworks from? If so is there an e-mail address because it's soooo expensive to call from Ireland! also, I bought tickets for Mickey's not-so-scary halloween party and Mickeys very mery christmas party! can't wait!
    I don't think their reservations system has a category for MK view. It's either Garden or Lagoon views.

There is an outdoor patio space in front of the Gasparilla Grill & Games where people sit and watch the fireworks over at the MK. You don't need a reservation for this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12