Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Defying gravity

Question What Attraction Came BEFORE FIGMENT???

I've read a lot of threads about how people would like to see Figment taken away from FW. Many people are angry that he replaced...um..."Dreamfinder" is that what it's called?

What was this attraction???

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: What Attraction Came BEFORE FIGMENT???

Journey Into Imagination - Original ride, opened with Epcot in the 1980s. Hosted by Figment and Dreamfinder.

Journey Into YOUR Imagination - Short lived mid-90s ride. Hosted by Nigel Channing (from HISTA 3D movie next-door and at DL.) No Figment, no Dreamfinder.

Journey Into Imagination With Figment - Almost all the sets of the ride above with Figment shoehorned into them. Channing continues to begin his hosting but much of the ride is "hijacked" by Figment.

The Future:
    Rumors abound that the ride will be heavily rehabbed and rethemed. WDW Veterans seem to think that the best course of action is to make the ride as much as possible like the original 1980s ride and bring back all the old cast. Personally, as someone with very little nostalgia for EPCOT or WDW, I'd like to see them do something completely different from the past rides but equally sepctactular as the ride the fans want.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I say make the ride as much like the original as possible, but give it a 21st century twist.

• FuseMP

I don't actually remember much of the original ride other than as a kid I really enjoyed it, it had HUGE lines and you came off it thinking Figment was THE character of Epcot. The only scene i really remember is Dreamfinder riding his flying bike and talking to Figment.

This new attraction is a HUGE dissapointment to me, I knew it had been changed but expected SO much more. My kid loves Dragons so I thought he would go nuts over Figment, the ride was so unimpressive that he walked through the merchandise shop at the end without even looking at a Figment doll and that was even with me picking one up and offering it to him.

• Banned User

I don't actually remember much of the original ride other than as a kid I really enjoyed it, it had HUGE lines and you came off it thinking Figment was THE character of Epcot. The only scene i really remember is Dreamfinder riding his flying bike and talking to Figment.
    that's because when epcot opened figment was THE character for epcot. they didn't have the other disney characters in the park. the meet and greet was dreamfinder and figment.

• FuseMP

Well they've slaughtered Figment so much that even if there weren't any other characters in the park you still wouldn't think Figment was that much of a star attraction, plus I don't think he's even out for meet and greet like he used to be.

If they can rebuild Figment to his former glory I would be more than happy for him to be the only character of Future World and just keep the meet and greets for ordinary Disiney Characters in the Showcase where they meet the themes of the countries. I might be wrong, but i think the only place I saw characters in Future World was in the Connection building, so it's not like they're out roaming and influencing the place anyway.

And I want the Rainbow tunnel back!!!!! and Captain EO!!!!! and everything that made Imagination what it used to be. I want the big *** building we used to line up in with all the murals and if i remember correctly people eating? and the lift up the middle to Captain Eo. And if it wasnt that way at all, its been 20 years since i saw it in it's former glory.

• Banned User

Does anyone know if there is seriously a plan to redo Imagination or is it all just internet rumor bs? I am hoping for the FORMER

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle
    And I want the Rainbow tunnel back!!!!! and Captain EO!!!!! and everything that made Imagination what it used to be. I want the big *** building we used to line up in with all the murals and if i remember correctly people eating? and the lift up the middle to Captain Eo. And if it wasnt that way at all, its been 20 years since i saw it in it's former glory.
    No food in there.. that was the Land (next door). The lift and staircase were how you got up to the 'play area' with all the cool toys (and rainbow tunnel).

Entrance to the theatre (where Captain Eo was) is outside near the exit of the 'play area' and near the leaping fountains

• FuseMP

I remember the inside of that building where you lined up being really bustling with people. if they weren't eating was it all line for Imagination? I know we used to line up for an hour or so for it.

• Banned User

Wink Re: What Attraction Came BEFORE FIGMENT???

You really want Captain Eo?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFThn8SK47M

There.. Now back to Figment...

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Does anyone know if there is seriously a plan to redo Imagination or is it all just internet rumor bs? I am hoping for the FORMER
    At the moment it's about as real as every wand destruction or Narnia ride that gets floated online.

• FuseMP

lol, ok, so looking back Captain Eo was a little camp, but it wasn't bad and I find it more entertaining that Honey I Shrunk the Kids

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I wish they'd go back to the old color scheme. I loved the blues and purples. Pretty and relaxing. The red/orange out there now is just too harsh.

Figment is my friend. Ah what a wonderful attraction for all ages that was. I remember it all so vividly. Figment was a signifigant part of my childhood with Disney and I want him back in his original capacity. I agree that a ride similar to the original but with some tech updates would be awesome.

• Banned User

Captain EO was a fantastic attraction. Certainly far superior then stitch escape, the current version of imagination, and honey I bored the audiance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast