Living Seas diving chamber viewing area

I spotted a pic of a viewing area in front of the Living Seas diving chamber, where a group of guests watch a diver in action on their way to the main aquarium tank. I never knew guests could get THAT close to the diving chamber. Where in The Living Seas is this viewing area. It appears to be somewhere on the second floor, since the entrance to the diving chamber is not here, and the chamber appears to end at the ceiling, as seen in the photo linked below:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...irbookpic2.jpg

However, in another pic of The Living Seas diving chamber, there appears to be no second floor viewing area almost next to the diving chamber, as seen in another pic in the next link, as the diving chamber seems to go seamlessly to the ceiling:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nirbookpic.jpg

Could someone please clear me up about this? In case you wonder why I'm asking, I didn't get to go to The Living Seas on my trip last November, since the pavillion was closed for a major renovation then.

Blog Entries

Re: Living Seas diving chamber viewing area

That area is near where the current entrance is over by the queue for Turtle Talk.

• Minion

The irbookpic2 shot I believe was taken on the second floor. I thought that there was more stuff around that tube - like an enclosed staircase or something. I'm thinking this pic was taken some time ago. Either that, or it's in a different spot that I haven't seen yet.

The irbookpic shot's perspective makes it look like the audience is very close to the entrance to the diving chamber. If memory serves me correctly, I think there's a railing there keeping guests a good 6-10 feet away from the door.

The renovation was to add all the Nemo stuff. I was there in February when a good portion of that renovation was done and it was nice, but also made the place very crowded. There were at least 1.2 million people in line to see Turtle Talk With Crush, one of the new Nemo exhibits there.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    There were at least 1.2 million people in line to see Turtle Talk With Crush,
    I am willing to be that number is not so far off. I've yet to see it because the line is always so long.

• FuseMP

You gotta line up for it, its fantastic. I think we lined up for 40mins, was probably the longest line we did all holiday.

• Banned User

Wink Re: Living Seas diving chamber viewing area

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I am willing to be that number is not so far off. I've yet to see it because the line is always so long.
    Thats a attraction you get a FPO for soarin.. then get in queue for turtle talk... lol you might get out of turtle talk and get in FP queue for Soarin right afterward...

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Yes, the 2 pictures you posted were of 2 separate areas of the tank. The first one usually doesn't have a diver in it, and is not a lockout chamber - it's just a display tank for fish. You might be interested to know that the lockout chamber doesn't really empty into the main tank. The divers go up to a platform and have to get out of the water and walk over to the tank. I felt kinda gypped when I first found that out.