Villa/Home Rentals and Beaches

We will be doing a trip in May 2007. We will have 3 adults (us and mother-in-law) and 3 children (7,5,1). We would like to try off-site this time and are looking for suggestions of homes and villas to stay at offsite. We were considering the new All-Star suites but thought offsite may be more relaxing and we really want some separation from the kids this time.

We also want to go to a beach afterwards. Do people do a day trip or stay a couple nights in Clearwater? Cocoa Beach? Any suggestions as to which beach and a a place to stay. We were thinking 4 days in orlando and 4 days on the coast but it may be difficult to get a villa-home for just that many days. So maybe 3 days at a beach and then a week in Orlando?

Thanks.

Dan
    [email protected]

• Defying gravity

Re: Villa/Home Rentals and Beaches

Why do you want to stay offsite? Is it just because of the price? Otherwise, I would recommend staying in a DVC resort - maybe in a 1 or 2 bedroom villa. (You can still rent these rooms even if you're not a member.) I would also suggest Vero Beach as your beach resort. I would say 8 or 9 nights in WDW, and 2 or 3 nights at the beach. When you stay onsite, you get so many benefits - location, bus service, EMH, etc.

I hope this helps. (If you really are still set on staying offsite, I can't help you. I've only stayed on property.)

• Banned User

vero beach is a bit of a hike from orlando. but it is a nice resort and the beach area is beautiful down there. clearwater is a nice beach but can be a bit crowded. the dvc's actually are comperable to other timeshares in the area and in my opinion a bit nicer. you could still have separate space for the adults and kids and they get to enjoy the amenities of being on resort. that means you park and go and don't have to worry about parking and such. you can also charge everything to your room and you don't have to worry about money and such and you get the emh as well.

My only issue with the DVC's is the price. Wouldn't I be spending $300 a night for 2br? And most have only the one bathroom? Also they don't seem like you get that much separation from each other.

I can get a villa or home offsite for under $1,000. Granted you get none of those extras of being on Disney grounds.