Thread: merchandise???

• Disappearing/Reappearing

merchandise???

I KNOW that I saw a website in one of these threads that someone posted and explained that you can find all kinds of Disney merchandise at. The same stuff they sell in the parks and at Downtown Disney....or maybe it just listed what's availible...either way, I can't find this post anywhere...can you please help? What was the web site?

Re: merchandise???

or how can I find out if a certain thing is being sold at Disney? thank you!

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Hi there.... sorry for the last reply, but better late the never right?

There is no offical Disney World Merchandise website. There are third parties that do post stuff online, and when you order something they will go to the parks and buy it for you and ship it to you... but it seems kinda pricey...

However, if you were at the parks and you found something that you liked and wish you had gotten it, you can get it direct from disney from WDW Mail Order.

You can call them at 407-363-6200 or give them an e-mail at: [email protected] (for a bit more info check out: http://allearsnet.com/tp/mailorder.htm). If you saw it anywheres on properity (inculding the parks, dtd, hotels and even the local outlets they can find it if theys till haev it for you) If you have the SKU number from the item it would be best, but if not, just have a good discription of the item and where you saw it....

You pay retail price plus shipping (which isnt bad, its UPS ground, 14.95 for anything over $100) and no sales tax if you live out of the state of florida.

As for the online 3rd party stores... maybe shop them and call/e-mail the WDW mail order and see what price they are selling it for and go for the best deal ..... One of the online stores I know off the top of my head is: http://www.mainstreetmegastore.com/
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybop
    As for the online 3rd party stores... maybe shop them and call/e-mail the WDW mail order and see what price they are selling it for and go for the best deal ..... One of the online stores I know off the top of my head is: http://www.mainstreetmegastore.com/
    Unless they have changed the way they operated, I would advise against using Main Street Megastore. They have a bad reputation from sending items weeks late, not sending things at all, not refunding, not responding to emails, etc. And to top it all off, they charge an insane mark-up on merchandise. I got the impression that they operated out of the North East and made periodic trips to WDW/DL to pick up merchandised that was already ordered on their website. Just my impression, I have no idea if it is correct.

You are better off puchasing from WDW directly using the information posted on Deb Will's site, allearsnet.com

Another site to purchase park mechandise is Laughing Place, http://www.laughingplacestore.com/De...p?r=mainmenu-0
    I've never used them, but I haven't heard the complaints about them that I have MSM.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

thank you SO much!!! Do you think if I called that number they could tell me if something was availiable in the stores for buying on our next trip?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo
    thank you SO much!!! Do you think if I called that number they could tell me if something was availiable in the stores for buying on our next trip?
    They probably won't be able to guarantee anything, but if there is something slightly generic they might be or we might be able to give you a hint one way or another. Sizes on the other hand-- might vary. If it's a "WDW" clothing item vs. an "Epcot" clothing item you also have more places to look.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo
    The best they could do is say that it is available currently. So if you call a day or two before your vacation, I am sure you can see if it will be there when you go.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

thanks to everyone..I got the answer to my question. Thanks, Esp. to Jimmy...the number you gave me was a HUGE help...they answered my questions and were super nice. Thanks again!

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Also some stores (not sure which, But i know for sure at the World of Disney at the Info desk in the store) can go into the computer system and look up info on products too while you are there. for example, if you are looking for a size that WOD is currently out of, they can type in the SKU of one of the other sizes and look up where else on properity carries the item and if they currently have it in stock (and while I was at the desk with a guest a couple times while they were looking for something, they [CM at the info desk] went as far as to call the location where they had the item to make sure it was in stock and the store held the item for them in the back until they got there later that same day.... i am not saying they will do this 100% of the time, but it has happened).

but anyways.. your welcome Stitchy-poo, glad I could be of some help.
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....