Where's Chicken Little at WDW?

Im having trouble finding him here at DCA so outta curiosity where is he at in WDW and is he still being seen around for that matter?

• FuseMP

Re: Where's Chicken Little at WDW?

He was in the Animation building in Disney/MGM in May.

Chicken Little is one of the many characters that do meet and greets in front of the hat at DMGM Studios. I saw him and Abby there yesterday.

Inside the Animation attraction are Mr Incredible, Elastigirl and Frozone making appearances. Also you can get your picture taken with cut-outs and flats from Cars. Lightning and Mater also do meet and greets outside -- too difficult to physically get them in and out of the Animation attraction.

Hope this helps!

• Drunk On Disney

WDWFun is absolutely right (and amazingly thorough!) I saw Chicken Little and Abby on the 9th in front of the hat. They were rotating with Donald Duck and Daisy on that day.

I am going to DCA in August and I hope to find him!

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• FuseMP

Does anyone else find it a little bit off that the now main place to meet the Incredibles is inside the Art of Disney Animation building? I know Pixar is now part of Disney but lets not be giving WDA the credit here for any part of Incredibles. At least when I was there in May and it was Chicken Little backdrop (with Brother Bear and Pluto wandering) they really were characters that came from the desk of WDA.

• FuseMP

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie
    WDWFun is absolutely right (and amazingly thorough!) I saw Chicken Little and Abby on the 9th in front of the hat. They were rotating with Donald Duck and Daisy on that day.

I am going to DCA in August and I hope to find him!
    Nuts! Daisy wasn't out at all the entire week we were there and we even asked at Customer Services who made a couple of calls to find out if she was gonna be anywhere. She was the only main character we didn't get to meet in the holiday.

• 1000th Happy Haunt

You'd be amazed at how many people believe that Disney made all of the Pixar movies. Disney's name is always over the title and nobody but us nerds seem to notice the words "presents a Pixar Animation Studios film" after "Walt Disney". Perception is everything. Disney wants you to believe that they were responsible for the Pixar films when in reality, none of their films for the past decade have been anywhere near the quality of Pixar's output.

As for Chicken Little, let's hope he quietly disappears from the parks as soon as possible. I'd rather forget he existed. Bland, bland, bland.
    (The 3D version was neat to look at, though.)

• FuseMP

I have to admit, Chicken Little was A LOT better than I thought it was going to be, both in terms of quality of computer graphics and storyline.

Being a big fan of the Pixar films I saw CL as being a desperate attempt by Disney at trying to do it themselves in the face of them losing Pixar which would have been disasterous for Disney. But when I saw it I have to say I think they did a very good job, it was probably the best Disney made movie since Lion King. And my son absolutely loves it and the PS2 game.

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle
    Being a big fan of the Pixar films I saw CL as being a desperate attempt by Disney at trying to do it themselves in the face of them losing Pixar which would have been disasterous for Disney. But when I saw it I have to say I think they did a very good job, it was probably the best Disney made movie since Lion King.
    Alright I gotta say this, it's a little OT but here it goes.

You are dead on about Chicken being a desperate cry of need (for pixar). The matter of CL being the best since LK is completely wrong to me. To me there have been many disney movies since LK that are way better than Chicken Little. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so I'm not going to/trying to say your wrong.

Alright back on topic and off my rant, when I was down at the studios 2 weeks ago CL was having his M'nG at the hat so that is your best bet.

Wow! WTF? I need to stop using all these CAPS.
    - Horizonsfan

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92
    The matter of CL being the best since LK is completely wrong to me. To me there have been many disney movies since LK that are way better than Chicken Little. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so I'm not going to/trying to say your wrong.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there is also a certain universally accepted standard of quality.

I didn't hate Chicken Little, it actually was the first Disney cartoon in years to not either bore me to tears or look entirely skippable, and the first one in a while to give me a character I liked (Fish.) But as far as the standard for a Disney cartoon is set, Hunchback cleared the bar with far more grace and style than Chicken Little did.

• FuseMP

Whoops, forgot Hunchback came after Lion King, that was a good movie.

Hunchback, Tarzan and Emporers New Groove all came close to the bar or just over. Unfortunately that period of Disney Animation was so bogged down by movies such as Pocahantas, Mulan, Atlantis, Home on the Range that sometimes you forget the moments that WDA did a good job.

I guess time will tell with Chicken Little. I can already see The Wild being forgotten about fast especially because it was neither WDA or Pixar. But I can see CL being kept in the public eye and not swept under the rug.

And while Lassetter has said there won't be any more bad sequels/spin offs, I think there is a huge market out there who would mark out for a spin off based on Fish.

• If We Can Dream It...

I guess time will tell with Chicken Little. I can already see The Wild being forgotten about fast especially because it was neither WDA or Pixar.
    Wow, I've already forgotten about the wild. I never went to go see it because it looked like a boring knock-off of Madagascar. Has the movie come out on DVD yet? Holy cow, they didn't advertise that one well.
    - Horizonsfan

• I was deleted.

Yup. New characters belong at the animation building and then they get rotated out. Incredibles were there and are now back. If you have any trouble, just try asking Guest Relations.

• Former Epcot CM

Hunchback, Tarzan and Emporers New Groove all came close to the bar or just over. Unfortunately that period of Disney Animation was so bogged down by movies such as Pocahantas, Mulan, Atlantis, Home on the Range that sometimes you forget the moments that WDA did a good job.
    I don't understand how you can call Hunch, Tarzan and Groove good movies but not Pocahontas or Mulan? I'm baffled. Mulan, more so than Pocahontas, is a classic Disney movie - it has the breath-taking animation and the top-class music. I'm not saying those three aren't good films, but you can't call them good while you call Mulan bad.

PS I agree with you on Atlantis and Home.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

Today CL was out near the hat in rotation with Chip and Dale, and Lilo and Stitch.

Have you faced the Yeti?