Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

Question Hub Refurbishment

A friend on mine just sent me some stuff from some group he belongs to (sorry I don't know which one) that has photos of the Hub which for all intent purposes is gone. There is a big box in the middle which I am assuming is there to protect the Partners Statue. But everything else is just mounds of dirt. I don't know if this is just around the planter or the whole area as they don't give any indication at all and there is nothing to compare it to. :confused:

Also they said, dated yesterday, that the new automated ticket machines at Disneyland's Main Entrance would be going into service February 1st. Are these like the ones in Florida where guests insert the tickets themselves instead of handing them to a Cast Member who then inserts them for you as we out here on the West Coast are all to dumb to figure this out for outsleves? It should be interesing to see how much the line slows down as newbies try to figure out which end of the ticket goes in and where does it go in and where does it come out. This will be a golden opportunity for some serious Herd Watching at a prime location.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• It's all nonsense

Can you post the link to the pic?

No, he just sent me an e-mail with the pictures attached. I have no way of posting pictures here as I have no web site to host the pictures.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    LostBoy, you could always use Photo Bucket as a place to host your photos. It is a free service.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Sock Puppet

mamabot, is Wicked not one of the most MARVELOUS and touching musicals ever composed?

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Completely, and I am not the only one around here who will agree with your statement.

We have a thread in the All Entertainment Forum titled My Favorite Broadway Musical. You will find some of the Wicked! fans over there. Welcome to MiceChat!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Fireworks Finatic!

I think the info about the hub being all torn up and the big box protecting the Partners statue is going on in Florida, at the Magic Kingdom. Apparently they are lowering all the planters in the hub there for better viewing of the Wishes firewors and also for the Castle show. But that is interesting info about the ticket machines. I always wondered if they would ever switch to the turnstyles like WDW where you have to place your fingers in a reader.. So perhaps this is it??

I was in WDW's Magic Kingdom on January 15th and indeed the entire hub was walled off with a ton of work going on inside.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    I'm moving this thread to the WDW forum.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Unknowing Minion

Hello hello.

Indeed there is alot of work going on in the hub @ WDW. Several months ago the large trees were removed (I loved the sparkling branches. ) to increase viewing. However, they also realized that with the trees gone, guests were increasingly using the planters as additional higher seating. Since they no longer need the larger planters for the trees roots, they have opted to lower them to just slightly higher than the bench seating. This was the last word I heard was happening, but I am not sure if that is the plan they finally went with. At the same time, the work is starting on the castle and while heavy machines will be moving around the area, this hub may also be here for the protection of the statue.

Let's see what happens!

Duck!

Well he did say it was Disneyland so maybe he was mistaken as well. There is one picture with a Castle in the background and it sure looked like ours, but they were very small pictures, and I didn't save the e-mail but I have requested he send me the link to the site.
    Also the ticket machines he was talking about are the one like Universal has. They are automated ticket purchase machines, not ticket taking at the main gate. You can buy your tickets at these machines with a credit card if you don't want to wait in line for a ticket booth purchase. I got mixed up on that one. Sorry. He wasn't very clear on that one either. I will post a link when he sends it to me. If I had thought about it I could have saved the pics to my hard drive and then transferred the pics to my Epson Photo album, but I wasn't thinking about that until too late. Oh well, live and learn.

Thank You Poisonedapples

He just sent me the link. Here it is and it is WDW world. Sorry about all the confusion.

http://www.wdwmagic.com

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Thanks for the link, LB!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    He just sent me the link. Here it is and it is WDW world. Sorry about all the confusion.
    No problem Lost Boy. That's what we are here for. And it is STILL an interesting discussion.

I had already heard that they were planning on using the same gates for regular guests that they use for passholders. Where they scan your fingers to prevent you from selling the extra days on your ticket.

Guess it makes sense for Disney, but it will require a little more time per person and take more cast members.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

He just told me about the finger thingee. I haven't had time to go look at the site myself. I used to go there all the time. They always seem to have the latest information on the Florida Parks, but I haven't been in some time as I probably will never get down that wasy again. I should go back now just to see what going on.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast