•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Need Author and Book Title Name!~

Okay, this is waaaaay out there. I was at WDW a few weeks ago and in one of the stores they had this fiction book. Black cover, fancy disney writing on the front but a little more twisted.

The story was about someone going into the park and the park coming alive and basically sucking them in and it was all about how they escape and get through the park.

It was a story based around Magic Kingdom or Disneyland I believe.

Anyone know this author and book title? I want to read it but I forgot to buy the book on the way out while we were there.

**If this is not the approriate forum, please move it and I apologize. **

• We're number one!

Re: Need Author and Book Title Name!~

Is the book you are referring to "The Kingdom Keepers" By Ridley Pearson? Here's a synopsis of the book also:

Using a cutting-edge technology called DHI - which stands for both Disney Host Interactive and Daylight Hologram Imaging - Finn Whitman, an Orlando teen, and four other kids are transformed into hologram projections that guide guests through the park.
    The new technology turns out, however, to have unexpected effects that are both thrilling and scary. Soon Finn finds himself transported in his DHI form into the Magic Kingdom at night. Is it real? Is he dreaming?

Finn's confusion only increases when he encounters Wayne, an elderly Imagineer who tells him that the park is in grave danger. Led by the scheming witch, Maleficent, a mysterious group of characters called the Overtakers is plotting to destroy Disney's beloved realm, and maybe more.

This gripping high-tech tale will thrill every kid who has ever dreamed of sneaking into Walt Disney World after hours and wondered what happens at night, when the park is closed.

It's a really good book and I suggest you check it out. The characters in the book even play VMK!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

OMG YES! Thank you so much.

It has been bugging me all weekend. LOL

• The Marvel Jedi

Whittier, California (just a half-hour from Disneyland)

Good book.
    Passive-Aggressive Peanut Butter Sandwich. x_x

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Okay book, but be prepared for many errors in Disney history, and for a simple style of writing...it is a children's book after all.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Sounds interesting. They sell this in the parks?
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Yep, they also sell a Peter Pan sequel type book...or something like that.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Do they sell it at non-Disney bookstores, like Barnes & Noble or Borders?

I need to get in a reading mood and something like this might help me out (I have 3 Stephen King novels waiting to be devoured).

• We're number one!

They actually do sell it at non-disney stores. I actually got mine at a Borders in the young adult section.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Cool. I may have to visit the Borders down the road from me this weekend after I get paid.

• Directly directed

Go to tower books (if you have one) Ridley Pearson went around to different tower books to autograph them. He signed extra and tower is selling them at no extra charge. I bought one. Also he co wrote Peter and the Starcatchers which I aslo liked and I don't like the story of peter pan.

I would also recomend Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow. Another fiction novel that is based on WDW. It's a Scifi that is set in the future where a Magic Kingdom CM trys to save the beloved Hunted Mansion from being updated with new techongly in sake to save the ride in it's original form, the way the original Imaginers intended.(real far fetched, eh?) The book is quite a trip because it's set in a world where a cure for death has been discovered and money is obsolete, your quality of life is determend by how much and how many people respect you, Kinda Dysotopian.

If your looking for a kids book than stay a way from this one, iit's NOT for kids.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Quote Originally Posted by AF'nJ
    I would also recomend Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow. Another fiction novel that is based on WDW. It's a Scifi that is set in the future where a Magic Kingdom CM trys to save the beloved Hunted Mansion from being updated with new techongly in sake to save the ride in it's original form, the way the original Imaginers intended.(real far fetched, eh?) The book is quite a trip because it's set in a world where a cure for death has been discovered and money is obsolete, your quality of life is determend by how much and how many people respect you, Kinda Dysotopian.

If your looking for a kids book than stay a way from this one, iit's NOT for kids.
    That's one of my favorite books of all time....

EDIT: I'm not sure if he still does, by Doctorow had offered the book FOR FREE from his website. It might still be available.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Just got the book from the library last night. Interesting so far, Maleficent is as evil as I like her.

Will let you know what I think once I finish it.