• Ignored & in the shadows

Ever have an attraction/ride scare/terrify you?

I've got a good one.

Went to AK for the first time. We went at opening, and the CM's were holding these clear big boxes, with certain species of animals for people to look at.

I saw a glimpse of one from a few feet away and I practically RAN. You see, I'm a SEVERE SEVERE SEVERE arachnophobe, and there was a HUGE tarantula in the box. It shivers to make me think of it. I walked FAR away, and my BF and kids went to go look. He even videotaped it. So we walked on.

Later on we went into A Bug's Life. The show was fine, until this HUGE 3D TARANTULA comes onto the screen ... yeah it was animated, but to an arachnophobe, that doesn't help. I'm in a packed theatre, that THING is on the screen, so I scream and shut my eyes. As if THAT wasn't bad enough, the thing arches its back, and shoots its "spikes" at the audience (it was air blown at us, but try telling that to someone with a serious phobia!!). I start freaking out. Then you have the bugs that "crawl under" your butt in your seat. In the hysteria I was in THAT did not make it any better.. then to top it off, you have the rubber spiders that drop from the ceiling. I'm shocked I didn't have cardiac arrest! I was hyperventilating really bad, and thankfully we got out soon after that. It was simply HORRIFYING.

An addendum to this terrifying nightmare; that night we're watching the video back on the TV. The one tape stops and my BF goes to put in the other one. The FIRST IMAGE on the tape is the big tarantula from that morning UP CLOSE (so on the TV it looks like it's 10 feet big). I scream and freak out (not expecting it) and my BF is apologizing like crazy...

Yeah I haven't been back to AK since.

How's that?

So who else has one?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~
    September '94 - WDW (MK, Epcot)
    '95 - Disneyland
    September '00 - (MK, SeaWorld, Wet n Wild) WDW Off site
    Halloween '02 - (MK, Epcot, AK, MGM) WDW Off site
    May '04 - (MGM) WDW - All Star Music

[countdown=&day=22&month=5&year=2005&hour=3&min=30& sec=55]
    Countdown to Birthday with Da Mouse!
    Doin' Disney - Dementia style! [/countdown]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Poocha Chubugga Oom Chickee! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

• Fastpass Hater

I was scared to death of Magic Journeys at EPCOT. I wasn't ready for 3-D bats flying at me in 1986.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Mr. Lincoln freaks me out... He's been doing it since I was a kid and read a story (Disney News, maybe) about how he went into fits when they were programming him. I just always knew that he was going to run off the stage and start beating me, kinda like that robot in "Lost In Space" that went around proclaiming, "Crush. Kill. Destroy. Crush. Kill. Destroy."

BTW, my friend refused to go into "Tough To Be A Bug" for the very same reasons you described. I tried and tried, but he just wouldn't do it. (And the Black Widows hanging from the ceiling did freak me out a little the first time...)
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

• Santa Barbara, CA

The naked hostess on storybookland in no more than knee socks scared me to death. i got over it by the time we saw the patchwork plants.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Theme song guy

I was scared to death of the Sky buckets. I have a fear of heights that manifested during a trip to fantasyland when my brother started to rock the bucket. I was so scared I actually hugged the CM who opened the door.
    It's like i'm talking to a monkey, a really really big stupid monkey named Kronk.

I have the greatest picture of my wife, my best friend and I coming down the last drop of Splash Mountain. Its one of those pictures that the ride snaps. Our jaws are all dropped in terror. It's not that it's a scary ride or a huge drop for that matter it just caught us all unawares.

I don't usually purchase those pictures but when we saw the picture on the screen I had to buy it. It is hysterical.

As an aside: From an owner of 6 tarantulas, though they are creepy you have nothing to worry about from most spiders. There are only a few that can really hurt you(widow/recluse spiders -serious, funnel spiders from Australia - deadly, and some Tarantulas -of which there are no documented deaths reported from a bite). Most cannot do anything. And they are terrified of humans so most of them won't do anything but to flee. Someone once said, imagine what you would do to Godzilla if he were real and that's how a spider feels when encountering a human.

-Gostone

• Ignored & in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Gostone
    As an aside: From an owner of 6 tarantulas, though they are creepy you have nothing to worry about from most spiders. There are only a few that can really hurt you(widow/recluse spiders -serious, funnel spiders from Australia - deadly, and some Tarantulas -of which there are no documented deaths reported from a bite). Most cannot do anything. And they are terrified of humans so most of them won't do anything but to flee. Someone once said, imagine what you would do to Godzilla if he were real and that's how a spider feels when encountering a human.

-Gostone
    *SCREAMS* Oh I know all the "they are more scared of you, they don't hurt you" rhetoric, but that doesn't help. They LOOK creepy, they way they MOVE terrifies the hell out of me. I can't even LOOK at them. I've TRIED and it's simply horrifying to me. I've gone to the pet store and gotten within a foot of the cages, just to LOOK to try to break myself of it. They move ONE leg and I about pass out.

Yeah, there's no getting over THIS phobia.

*just will not go back to AK LOL*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~
    September '94 - WDW (MK, Epcot)
    '95 - Disneyland
    September '00 - (MK, SeaWorld, Wet n Wild) WDW Off site
    Halloween '02 - (MK, Epcot, AK, MGM) WDW Off site
    May '04 - (MGM) WDW - All Star Music

[countdown=&day=22&month=5&year=2005&hour=3&min=30& sec=55]
    Countdown to Birthday with Da Mouse!
    Doin' Disney - Dementia style! [/countdown]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Poocha Chubugga Oom Chickee! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"