Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

I have a question about Pirates of the Caribean?

You know how california's version of Pirates is getting props and such from the films like the Chest full of Aztek Gold? I was wondering if Florida is getting any props from the movie added to the ride or even replicas of some of the stuff California is getting? Will there be any more treasures and artifacts added to the beginning of the ride? From what im reading about california's version and what Al Lutz said I feel like WDW's version is really getting shafted here.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: I have a question about Pirates of the Caribean?

You're probably right.

• Banned User

it will be cleaned up and polished probably... but thats it...

like we would get anything nice like movie props...

• Monorail Racer

Eh, who needs props? Spiff up the ride and add the AAs and let's have some fun. A prop is a prop - whether it was in the movie or not.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Banned User

thats no excuse. The props and such add new stuff to look at in the ride and add to the theming. The Chest with Aztek Gold spilling out of it looks really cool in the new Disneyland ride and adds little subtle things for people to find. Im just wondering if Florida will get anything like that?

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

We might get a few, who knows. Maybe some in the queue.

Have you faced the Yeti?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I believe I remember hearing (in an interview?) on one of the podcasts (possible Mouse|Tunes) that Magic Kingdom would be getting some replicas.

And frankly, didn't Magic Kingdom get the shaft when it got Pirates over WRE?

• Banned User

Just an FYI, the only scenes majorly enhanced are those that are both in Florida and in California. So, to be quite honest, although more was done in California, it the Florida version will have a larger percentage of the ride re-done because the ride is shorter, making the changes seem a bit more intense.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Florida's changes will be almost identical to California's changes. As for the movie props in the ride... honestly, who the heck cares? I went on the ride multiple times, and I could have cared less about movie props being in the ride... it didn't really add anything. Sure, the added gold did, but movie props? Nah, nothing at all. All the changes are positive changes.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Just an FYI, the only scenes majorly enhanced are those that are both in Florida and in California. So, to be quite honest, although more was done in California, it the Florida version will have a larger percentage of the ride re-done because the ride is shorter, making the changes seem a bit more intense.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Florida's changes will be almost identical to California's changes. As for the movie props in the ride... honestly, who the heck cares? I went on the ride multiple times, and I could have cared less about movie props being in the ride... it didn't really add anything. Sure, the added gold did, but movie props? Nah, nothing at all. All the changes are positive changes.
    So Bill, how is life over in DL going? Is the ride what we expected?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Of course Al's update says WDW is getting the shaft...because it's WDW.

I don't care about movie props. Our beach is just fine as it is. We don't have those extra treasure scenes, so I won't miss the treasure chest. To me it is who cares. I am more concerned over the sound...how good it sounds through the new speakers and how much the movie music screws up what was there.

• Banned User

I don't know why Disney made the ride in FL vastly inferior to the original. They made the Haunted Mansion basically the same, so why they couldn't have done the same for Pirates...space issues, I guess. If anyone in FL thinks they are being given the short end of the stick with these renovations, you've been cheated since the ride opened in 1973.

• If We Can Dream It...

WDW management just wanted a quick fix to shut the guests up but, they didn't want to spend much. The imagineers had plenty of ideas to help even out the pirates playing field but management held firm. WDI was lucky enough to get approval for the treasure room. What I don't understand is why over the years as DL has gotten improvements (shadow fight, improved air cannons, etc.) WDW has gotten little to nothing. We're only getting some of the stuff with the refurb. Even with all this, POTC rocks at any disney park.
    - Horizonsfan

• If We Can Dream It...

I bet someone posted this so just forgive me, does anyone know why FL's is taking so much longer?

And I love the title of the thread

I have a question about Pirates of the Caribbean?

"I'm Ron Burgundy?"
    - Horizonsfan

• враг народа

Blog Entries

My guess would be that little break they took during the closure so that the attraction was open for Spring Break. They're also building more out front.

• If We Can Dream It...

Yeah, but all they're building is a sign and it's already completed. And wasn't Dl's open for easter too? I guess all those little updates that WDW skipped on POTC really add up.
    - Horizonsfan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast