• Defying gravity

Exclamation Calling All DVC Members - I Need DVC Info!!!

I just joined DVC after visiting WDW a few weeks ago. We bought into the lowest level of vacation points - 150 (I wanted to get more, but my parents said it was 150 or nothing...so we just have to make due with what we have.) Luckily, we got an initial bonus of 150 points for signing up. So, for the first year only we'll have 300 points total. I was wondering, how many points do most of you have? Where and in what type of rooms do you usually stay in? Is it worth spending double the points for a 1-bedroom vacation home as opposed to a studio - also, is a studio that much bigger than a standard hotel room? Any other tidbits of info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Calling All DVC Members - I Need DVC Info!!!

We have 325 points. We bought 150 in 2001 for WL and added 175 on the aftermarket also for WL. We have gotten a 2 bedroon twice to take my parent's and we just took 6 of our friends in Oct 05 for 10 days. We got a stuidio twice for Christmas and our trip in Feb ( a studio is just like a reg. hotel room but with a frig and cabinet with glasses and paper plates). We have stayed in a 1 bedroom for the rest of our trips with 4 people because the kids like having the living room to themselves, while mom and dad like having the jacuzzi tub and our own room. We went to DLP last June for 5 days and loved it using our points and we are going on the member's cruise in Oct. for 4 days. We have another 2 bedroom trip coming up in May 07 for 7 days for our youngest 13th birthday and maybe a trip to DL in the Grand Californian. We love our DVC. Most of our trips average 7 days.

First, WELCOME HOME!!

We have 200 points at the BWV for the past 6 years. Lately with the discount we get on AP/PAPs, we've been averaging 2-3 trips a year. We prefer staying at the Boardwalk Villas in a 1 bedroom villa...just the two of us. We like having a full kitchen, jacuzzi tub, and washer/dryer in our unit. We alternate between this and a studio, usually at OKW. Studios in the DVC resorts are nice too... I'm not sure how they compare in size to standard hotel rooms, but they are bigger than the values and several non-Disney hotels that I have stayed at. I haven't stayed at any of the moderates or deluxes on property.

As for what it is "worth" to use your points, well that is entirely up to you to decide. We feel a 1 bedroom is worth it, especially on longer trips. Shorter trips a studio works just fine.

Our first DVC trip we took my mom and aunt and stayed in a 2 bedroom Boardwalk view at the BWV. That was nice us having our own room/bathroom and them having their own room/bathroom...then sharing a common living room and kitchen.

We've also used our points for a 4 Night cruise on the Disney Wonder....GREAT TRIP!!!
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Defying gravity

Ok, me again - seeking more info.....

Do all of the one-bedroom vacation homes have two separate bathroom areas - one with a jacuzzi and one with a shower? It's a little hard to tell from the floorplans. Thanks.

• love my friends

What is dvc???

Friends for life

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    What is dvc???
    DVC is the Disney Vacation Club. It's WDW version of a timeshare.

As far as the bathrooms in the 1 bedrooms, as far as I know they are all separated but I've only stayed at the BWV 1 bedrooms. The jacuzzi tub and sink vanity area are closest to the master bedroom. You can watch tv from your jacuzzi tub or you can close the dividers for privacy. In the other part of the bathroom, you have a shower stall, toilet, and pedestal sink.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    Ok, me again - seeking more info.....

Do all of the one-bedroom vacation homes have two separate bathroom areas - one with a jacuzzi and one with a shower? It's a little hard to tell from the floorplans. Thanks.
    I have each year 380 points most of the time I have 410 Points I bank from late year.

Most of the time I stay in a One bedroom so I can have washer and dryer in the room. I stay about 12- 14 days but I lose two day for get to WDW and back. so my base 10 or 12 days of WDW fun.

Yes the One Bedroom Only have One Bathroom.

The jacuzzi tub and the Shower Have a door you can close.
    the door is there so any one who sleep on the sofe bed still can goto the bathroom and shower.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney
    I have each year 380 points most of the time I have 410 Points I bank from late year.

Most of the time I stay in a One bedroom so I can have washer and dryer in the room. I stay about 12- 14 days but I lose two day for get to WDW and back. so my base 10 or 12 days of WDW fun.

Yes the One Bedroom Only have One Bathroom.

The jacuzzi tub and the Shower Have a door you can close.
    the door is there so any one who sleep on the sofe bed still can goto the bathroom and shower.
    Ok, thanks. It's good to know there's a shower and jacuzzi.

Welcome Home!

We have 310 points, 210 at Beach Club Villas and 100 at Saratoga Springs. We almost always go during the Food and Wine Festival in Oct/Nov, that's also near our anniversary.

We are a family of 3 so we can maximize our points by either booking a studio or a 1 bedroom. But in the past we have gotten a 2 bedroom by borrowing and/or banking. This December we will be at SSR for 1 week in a 1 bedroom.

There is also another discussion board dedicated entirely to DVC it's located on "The Dis" I pop by there all the time.

Rudy

• Defying gravity

Thanks everyone for all the great info.

Does anyone have pics of what the standard view is at BWV? I know it's a parking lot, but is that all you can see?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    Thanks everyone for all the great info.

Does anyone have pics of what the standard view is at BWV? I know it's a parking lot, but is that all you can see?
    I knew I should have taken a picture. We're typically on the first or second floor when we get standard view at the BWV. And our patio/balcony is usually surrounded by trees and bushes and beyond that you see a large lawn. And then in the distance, you can see the beginnings of the parking lot.
    Amanda

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I LOVE my DVC. Use it all the time. Don't forget to buy your annual pass and get a $100 discount (per ticket) with your DVC member card. There are other great discounts on food and other items as well.

I only have 150 points. But since I use them for a studio sized room (usually in the off season) I have two full weeks worth of vacation time every year. I rarely stay for an entire week so I have plenty of points left over for last minute weekend get-aways or banking for the next year.

DVC is wonderful. The rooms are so much better than the moderate or value resorts. And even the studio rooms are bigger than the standard Disney hotel rooms. The Boardwalk and Old Key West are both fantastic DVC properties. Saratoga Springs is convenient if you like to go to Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island

Cheers and welcome to the DVC club!
    -Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,