Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Take down the gold.

This is in direct correlation to the Disneyland thread about taking the castle decorations down after the 50th celebration is officially over.

I am visiting WDW in about three weeks and Cinderella Castle is still all decked out in gold. I was there last year in June, and I did not like the castle with the gold additions. I will be glad when they remove them. How about you?

Re: Take down the gold.

To be honest I don't mind the bling. Anything is better than that terrible birthday cake overlaid they did for WDW 25th Birthday. I still shudder to think about it.

• Banned User

Wink Re: Take down the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    This is in direct correlation to the Disneyland thread about taking the castle decorations down after the 50th celebration is officially over.

I am visiting WDW in about three weeks and Cinderella Castle is still all decked out in gold. I was there last year in June, and I did not like the castle with the gold additions. I will be glad when they remove them. How about you?
    And repaint it... like Tokyo did theirs.. only cordinate it with the florida heat/humidity...

Quote Originally Posted by WFoxx
    To be honest I don't mind the bling. Anything is better than that terrible birthday cake overlaid they did for WDW 25th Birthday. I still shudder to think about it.
    You mean this:

Last edited by figment1986; 06-28-2006 at 10:24 PM.

• FuseMP

I thought the castle looked awesome with the bling, sitting half way up main street watching the parade coming down towards us the castle just shone and sparkled in the sunlight.

The characters are coming down because I've heard certain ones are being put in different places (cant remember where) and the oval on the front will need to come down as well but I wouldn't mind if they left the lacing over the towers, I thought I was a lovely touch.

• Banned User

I think the cake was a lot better than all the gold. There is too much of it and it just doesn't look good with the blue and gray. It looks like it was thrown up there and let to sit where ever it landed.

• Banned User

Yuck.

WDW's looks like a terrible disaster hit it.

• Banned User

It would actually look pretty good if it didn't have the cheap-looking Golden characters and the ugly mirror.

The gold on the turrents is actually really pretty looking. But the rest of the junk ruins that effect.

• I was deleted.

I like part of the trim, mainly the part on the tops but the characters and the mirror should go. That I can agree on.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer

It would actually look pretty good if it didn't have the cheap-looking Golden characters and the ugly mirror.

The gold on the turrents is actually really pretty looking. But the rest of the junk ruins that effect.
    That looks like a pretty crowded day at the park!!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I guess I wasn't the only one that didn't care for the gold treatment. It's funny because the first time that I actually saw the castle at WDW"s Magic Kingdom it was a birthday cake. My grandson used to tease me, and tell me he didn't want to go back to Disney World, because the castle wasn't a cake anymore.

Looking forward to seeing both castles minus their special decorations.

It's beginning to feel a little like leaving the Christmas Tree up too long at your house.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I LOVE it all!!!! I was pleasantly surprised when we walked into the park last July and saw it for the first time. I thought it was gorgeous!! My parents loved it when we went back in Nov.. I love the characters all around it...it gives it a little flair of fun. I like sitting there waiting for the Cinderella show to start and looking around from character to character, it's exciting. I think the mirror (I'm assuming you're talking about the stained glass thing) is beautiful!!! That cake thing is scary, glad I missed that...but, I really thought this was beautiful. And I'm thrilled that we'll make it back in time to see it all again. It doesn't end until Oct. 1 right?

Bithday cake castle...I have a great picture of my mom, aunt and myself taken in front of it. Great trip...great photo...but even with a good digital editing program I can't make that castle NOT look like a birthday cake. The gold is better...but yea, the mirror in the middle is a bit to much IMHO.

• Former Epcot CM

I agree. Mirror is far too big - it looked really nice in the concept art. The gold lacing on the turrets etc is lovely - I'm not so sure on the characters. I do like them, they are a nice touch, but they kinda look tacky close up.

Don't worry though, the Peter Pan and Wendy ones are being moved to the Walt Disney Studios in Paris for it's place making project. The others will presumably be scrapped or eBayed.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Minion

Personally, I like all the stuff, except for one minor detail - I wish the mirror was a tad smaller. It sort of overwhelms the castle and takes focus off the other decorations. Maybe they could have made the frame narrower while keeping the image within the mirror the same size? I'm just nitpicking really. Overall, I really liked what they did with this.
    Last edited by Pacha; 06-29-2006 at 11:27 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    Personally, I like all the stuff, except for one minor detail - I wish the mirror was a tad smaller. It's sort of overwhelms the castle and takes focus off the other decorations. Maybe they could have made the frame narrower while keeping the image within the mirror the same size? I'm just nitpicking really. Overall, I really liked what they did with this.
    I agree.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast