Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• If We Can Dream It...

Re: Boy dies after riding Disney rollercoaster

Yeah, the man on PPF was never killed, he was just "seriously injured". Which still baffles me as to how you seriously injure yourself on PPF. Back on topic, I really hope the family is able to cope with this terrible incident, still live a "normal" life, and let's hope it never comes back to haunt WDW.(ala M:S)
    - Horizonsfan

This is the worst kind of tragedy because it truly is nobody's fault.
    It is just someone's body was not able to handle the Gs.

And there really is NOTHING Disney can do to prevent this from happening again. Except post more warnings.

• If We Can Dream It...

This has little to do with the death, I truly feel sorry for the family. I don't think Disney can post anymore warnings than they already have. I mean they can but there really is no inccentive to. If someone is going to ignore a huge sign as they queue for the ride they're going to ignore all the other ones also. Once again, this must be the worst thing that has ever happened to the family.
    - Horizonsfan

• I Hug My Tapirs

Sounds like there's a press conference scheduled for 4 pm (I assume Eastern).
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic
    Well two others I can think of were: An elderly man got caught under the boat on Peter Pan's Flight at the loading area, a few months back. A teen girl I believe died at Typhoon Lagoon. And I think there was also and incident at Tower of Terror involving a 40 something woman.
    Didn't a worker at DCA's Aladdin show die recently when he fell from a high beam? And another worker at MK died when he was wearing the Pluto outfit.

The article said Disney "attraction" so I doubt the woman at CS would count...

JULIE
    This is my signature.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by JulieNMM
    Didn't a worker at DCA's Aladdin show die recently when he fell from a high beam? And another worker at MK died when he was wearing the Pluto outfit.

The article said Disney "attraction" so I doubt the woman at CS would count...

JULIE
    The Aladdin show one was pretty early in the show's run - early 2003. Definitely not since Christmas 2004. I think the parade performer was during Feb 04.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Well it is sad, but here come the demands for closing the ride.

• Wish I was in WDW..

Sad Re: Boy dies after riding Disney rollercoaster

Quote Originally Posted by xfkirsten
    The Aladdin show one was pretty early in the show's run - early 2003. Definitely not since Christmas 2004. I think the parade performer was during Feb 04.
    How did the person die who was wearing the pluto costume??
    That must of been sad, watching a parade and seeing pluto die..

-Nikki

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiDancer
    How did the person die who was wearing the pluto costume??
    That must of been sad, watching a parade and seeing pluto die..

-Nikki
    He was run over by a float in the Share a Dream Come True Parade. It was at least out of sight of guests, before crossing the "sight line" at the start of the parade, so no guests saw it.

This thread talks a little more about it: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29724

JULIE
    This is my signature.

Blog Entries

I doubt you'll see many demands to close this. This is completely different than Mission Space. As roller coasters go, it's a fairly tame roller coaster. Yes it has an inversion, but it's not really pushing the limits in any way. There are hundreds of coasters out there that are more intensive than this.

Mission Space is a ride that makes many people very sick. It has a history of sending people to the hospital quite often. You don't get that from RnRC. So I really think you can't compare the two as far as that goes.

• Banned User

I think the factor with RNRC is the 4.4 - 5Gs it gives for 3 seconds... (RCDB.com says 5 Gs). I just can't figure this out.. are these people coming and riding without knowing of a condition... or is it just bad bad luck...

My Sympathies go out to the family, and hope everything is ok... and nothing went wrong...

• If We Can Dream It...

Disney needs to address the problem of people having this sterotype that all disney rides are "safe family fun for everyone!" I'm all for the family being together but that doesn't mean every ride is for everyone. They are however some of the safest rides around, it's the people on the ride who aren't safe (as in having pre-existing conditions, not that they're careless.)
    - Horizonsfan

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92
    I'm all for the family being together but that doesn't mean every ride is for everyone.
    You hit the nail on the head there. That's one of my biggest frustrations when something like this happens. A friend of mine is a Mission Space CM... you should hear some of the things she gets from parents who want their children to ride, even if they don't even meet the height requirement! People seem to have a sense of entitlement that trumps common sense.

I love crazy rides, and I'm certainly tall enough to ride things like Mission Space... but I don't. Why? Because I know that I have trouble with many motion simulators. Common sense!

• I Hug My Tapirs

Disney just said at the press conference that the ride was operating normally, and that the parents say he was in good health. Also, the confusion on the age seems to stem from the fact that his brother is 7.

(sources: CNN and Orlando Sentinel)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast