Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

• Super Old Guy

Re: Boy dies after riding Disney rollercoaster

Quote Originally Posted by Treat
    i strongly disagree with CMs drastically lying about this and getting peoples hopes up that it may open....RNRC wont be open for quite a while.
    Disney just announced that the ride opened with the park at 8am this morning. And do you really think CM's should stand there and tell the public that they can't go on a ride cuz someone just died on it? Not a chance!

Blog Entries

I see absolutely NO reason for RnRC to close. This isn't like what happened with BTMR in Disneyland. It didn't come off the tracks, the harness didn't come open mid-ride, they didn't launch a car into another one.

Someone rode the ride, and for whatever reason, died as he was getting off of it. Nothing points to the ride acting up or malfunctioning at this point. Mark my words, it'll be open when MGM opens for business tomorrow, or at the latest, next week.
    At that point they didn't know 100% whether there was a problem in the ride or not. They have to close it and give it a thorough examination. Can you imagnine the hysteria if they just kept it running and there actually was a problem and somebody else died. They have to take that precaution.

Now must of us assume there was an undiagnosed medical condition. This ride isn't an extreme coaster by any means. Most coasters in other parks across america are much much worse. It's like I've said before. When The Magic Kingdom alone takes in more visitors than any other resort with all its parks combined each year, and not even taking into account people just staying on site, there's a very high chance somebody's going to die. People die in cities the size of Disney every day and there just walking to work. You add in the rides and excitement with natures own desire to take life, you up the chances by a great bit.

• Super Old Guy

With Disney any kind of death is front page coverage.
    Pretty much as is should be, as any big news involving Disney is national news. The Disney parks and the entire Disney company are much more in the public eye than say Proctor & Gamble, and are subject to tighter news coverage. I think CNN has been very balanced in their coverage, covering the story without coming to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by suttytx
    I don't think it's very funny to say that. Here's to more deaths seems pretty tacky.
    I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, but the person who said "to many deaths at Disney" was not making a toast. It was a misspell - to should have been TOO.

Gotta love the English language . . .

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, but the person who said "to many deaths at Disney" was not making a toast. It was a misspell - to should have been TOO.

Gotta love the English language . . .
    No kidding-

• Golden Girls Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    They forgot to type "TOO many deaths at Disney"-

Did you not even think of that?
    I don't know why that didn't occur to me. Especially considering I'm such a stickler for grammar...or maybe that's why. Sorry about that.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by suttytx
    I don't know why that didn't occur to me. Especially considering I'm such a stickler for grammar...or maybe that's why. Sorry about that.
    heh- I notice those things too. No worries.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

i strongly disagree with CMs drastically lying about this and getting peoples hopes up that it may open....RNRC wont be open for quite a while.
    I think what some people are forgetting is that Cast Members are people, just like you and me. By people complaining that the attraction is down for a day or two, to me, is a little insensitive. Think of this. The cast members were there and saw this all go down. If you saw a child dying in front of you, what would you do? Cast Members need that day away to think, relieve stress, give reports to authorities, etc.

I think its better that CM's and RNR are down for a day or two, than getting onto a ride with CM's that are parinoid and freaked out.

The afternoon news says that an autopsy revealed a congenital heart defect that the parents were unaware of:

http://www.wftv.com/news/9447963/detail.html

• white and nerdy

This is a harsh reminder that every child should be tested for Congenital Heart Defects.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    This is a harsh reminder that every child should be tested for Congenital Heart Defects.
    Great post. I just wanted to add:
    You should at least be very cautious if there has been history of heart conditions in your family. Makes me wonder though, how many other roller coasters did this kid go on before this incident? Let's hope that no other deaths occur at disney for years.
    - Horizonsfan

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic
    Other recent accident at DL was on the Sailing Ship Columbia, some kind of buckle or clasp broke off and swung around striking a guest and CM. The guest died as a result of the injury.
    It was the tie-up cleat at the dock, and it is the absolute worst of all the Disney accidents in my opinion, because it was pretty directly caused by the Pressler era cutbacks. There was a crew of untrained CMs running the ship (I think they were managers of some sort.) One brought it in too fast and the other lassoed the cleat even though there was no way they were going to be able to stop. It ripped out of the wood and hit two people in the head. (Only killed one.)

Yes, thanks I couldn't think of the word, it was a cleat.

• Shablagoo!

RNRC is back open today according to MSNBC.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

all the deaths seem to have happened at WDW as of lately...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Treat
    i was at MGM tonight and the CMs are saying there were having technical difficulties check back later. i strongly disagree with CMs drastically lying about this and getting peoples hopes up that it may open. i think they should at least tell the public the ride is suffering a fatal accicendent and that the ride wont reopen for a good amount of time because of course
    RNRC wont be open for quite a while.
    See someone else said this on another forum and I was flabbergasted! How is that smart buisness sense? "Sorry someone died, please go see Star Tours". Not only is it stupid to drive away your customers way to early to know anything about the accident, it is tacky and tasteless to the deceased.

Technical Difficulties is the generic term for either "we have no f'n clue" or "we don't want to tell you". It isn't lying, technical difficulties says nothing, and 99% of theme park goers understand this and accept it, and know that if it was something major they'll find it out later.

And it is open already. The ride itself had no mechanical failures, and right now with all the people who have ridden it since 1999 has no history of problems...I am no suprised it opened back up today. It would be a different story if someone died on it from it like BTM in DL.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast