Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Last minute questions.

I just thought of a couple more questions.
    Does anyone know of any plans for a press event or another event for POTC in WDW this Friday?
    And...
    Does anyone know if they plan on doing any giveaways for the POTC Grand Opening this Friday?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus
    Correct.. they will let you on regardless of the end-time.
    This is one of my major petpeeves about FP and reason why it has to GO! Latecomers should never be allowed on the rides past their window time. It's not fair to cause further backups in the standby line later in the day just because Princess didn't make her FP return appointment on time. It causes further backups in standby because more people that intended per hour are coming into the FP line after their time was up. I believe this is extremely unfair and a major disservice to the majority of guests who are on stand by, not to mention quite rude of people to expect they can come back at whatever time they please. KILL FP NOW!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    This is one of my major petpeeves about FP and reason why it has to GO! Latecomers should never be allowed on the rides past their window time. It's not fair to cause further backups in the standby line later in the day just because Princess didn't make her FP return appointment on time. It causes further backups in standby because more people that intended per hour are coming into the FP line after their time was up. I believe this is extremely unfair and a major disservice to the majority of guests who are on stand by, not to mention quite rude of people to expect they can come back at whatever time they please. KILL FP NOW!!!
    Okay, here we go TDL.

Let's look at the flip side of that. If people are waiting to come back after the designated time, doesn't that mean the standby line will actually be shorter because more people are waiting until later?

While it is a benefit to the FP holder, it definatly is a problem for everone else including the people with the fastpass for the correct time slot. Untill recently I never knew they allowed people to return anytime after the FP time stated. The only time I thought you could do that is if the ride was down during the time your ticket was good for.... that was the case frequently on Test Track (of course). This problem is a big reason why FP is not efficient like it was when it premiered. expired FP tickets should only be permitted if the attraction has been down for a period in the day.

If they are going to be so carefree in allowing them to be used after it expired, then why are they such sticklers if you try to use it 5 minutes before the stamped time on the ticket.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic
    If they are going to be so carefree in allowing them to be used after it expired, then why are they such sticklers if you try to use it 5 minutes before the stamped time on the ticket.

Then that would kind of defeat the purpose by allowing people in early.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    But it defeats the purpose of allowing them to enter after too. I have actually had a few CM's at the entrance make us wait cause we were there a few minutes early, and only by literally 5 minutes or less. All the while they stood there with a smug grin on their face allowing expired tickets by.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    But allowing them to come intothe FP line late ALSO defeats the purpose of moving the stand by line on a timely fashion. This is the reason why FP is wrong wrong wrong! Anyway you look at it it's either bad or good. It should be removed. I applaud Universal for restricting it to on-site guests and guests who are willing to pay for it as a perk. Reason why their stand by lines there now actually *move*! <--imagine that!

Let's look at the flip side of that. If people are waiting to come back after the designated time, doesn't that mean the standby line will actually be shorter because more people are waiting until later?
    There is no flitp side to the situation, and the stand by line won't be any shorter now than later. A faster moving stand by line tends to fill up faster due to the decieving shorter wait times posted. Then all it takes is for some nearby show to let out to see your stand by line come to a hault for a while, when FP holders come over in drove. So, the 30 mins waittime for stand by you saw when you enter, can very quickly turn into 45 mins wait after you joined the stand by line and expected a shorter line. Have youany idea how many times that has happened to me???

• Pilot EdForceOne

This is one of my major petpeeves about FP and reason why it has to GO! Latecomers should never be allowed on the rides past their window time. [...] It causes further backups in standby because more people that intended per hour are coming into the FP line after their time was up.
    Ok, unless someone has some statistics to show the # of late comers is statistically significant.. this is just whining. And since they don't track when people return.. those stats don't exist en-large. This would only be significant if the number of people doing it do so in significant numbers.. or if everyone decided to come back at the same time.. which they don't.

Second.. which is better? People scrambling around the park RUSHING to not get cut-off by a few minutes potentially being rude to everyone in their path.. or people being able to enjoy their vacation? You'd be pissed as hell if you waited 4-5 hours to ride something and then because something potentially out of your control (like slow food service) you were told you can't ride.

The overall enjoyment of the park is a heck of alot more valuable then 2-3 more minutes of wait in one line.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic
    More courtesy more then anything probably. You can argue you're late.. but how are you going to argue you're early and can't help it?

I think we went on a few minutes early (less then 10) without issue.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I applaud Universal for restricting it to on-site guests and guests who are willing to pay for it as a perk.
    So.. as long as people pay for it.. its ok

Reason why their stand by lines there now actually *move*! <--imagine that!
    Why is it you worry so much about a 40min wait on one ride that has FP vs one that doesn't? Why are you so focused on the 'speed' of the line vs the total wait time? I don't see the rides in WDW with FP having huge stand-by waits compared to when they didn't have FP. Stop focusing on moving or not and look at your total wait.

Then all it takes is for some nearby show to let out to see your stand by line come to a hault for a while, when FP holders come over in drove. So, the 30 mins waittime for stand by you saw when you enter, can very quickly turn into 45 mins wait after you joined the stand by line and expected a shorter line. Have youany idea how many times that has happened to me???
    Honestly you sound like a person who never wants their ride time shifted, so you don't take FP.. and then get all upset over people who are willing to come back later can walk on while you can't.

Your complaints are focused on the SB lines being so 'slow' yet they seem on par with average disney waits previously. Why don't you just use FP and stop being so upset over people who are more flexible.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Have youany idea how many times that has happened to me???
    Nope, but this never happens to me because I utilize the FP system.

Sorry, but I started this thread because I had some last minute questions. And if I recall I never asked anything about FP. So lets stay on topic. If you want to talk about FP then start a new thread. Again sorry.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's Friend
    Sorry, but I started this thread because I had some last minute questions. And if I recall I never asked anything about FP. So lets stay on topic. If you want to talk about FP then start a new thread. Again sorry.
    Your absolutely right, I do apologize and I hope you have a wonderful vacation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12