Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The lands

• A Dark Future

Yeah I think the themes clash... but they're just so cool! I mean, the Soarin' queue is so much cooler than the one in DCA. The one in DCA almost bugs me. Too much reading little things under pictures. Not very immersive. BUt this one is all neon-dandy-fun! As for the fountain...i don't remember a fountain, so i guess i won't miss it.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    Yeah I think the themes clash... but they're just so cool! I mean, the Soarin' queue is so much cooler than the one in DCA. The one in DCA almost bugs me. Too much reading little things under pictures. Not very immersive. BUt this one is all neon-dandy-fun! As for the fountain...i don't remember a fountain, so i guess i won't miss it.
    Yes I find this sooo True Pizzapants I hate the theming of DCA soaring over CA

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I just never cared for it that's all, maybe because of it's country music style, just a matter of preference. I actually liked the Horizons theme song better, which was hated by fans I know.
    I actually loved all the old, original EPCOT Center musical scores ... they added so much texture and feeling to the pavillions. Now, they're all gone (Listen to the Land, Kitchen Kabaret, Horizons, It's Fun to Be Free, Energy -- Feel the Flow, Tomorrow's Child etc ...) or severly mutated (Imagination).

So much has been lost and, sadly, not replaced by anything better.

I was just saying today when I paid a short visit to Epcot that it would have been cool to see Disney bring some outdoors elements into The Land in the redo, like a massive biome (I'm thinking the amazing entrance tropical rainforest-like gardens of the Mirage hotel in Las Vegas) or maybe a flowing stream even ... instead we get the Pop Century food court, metal railings and a modern airport. Oh, and a 1982 restaurant.

The Living With The Land boat ride was open Thursday as was Soarin and Circle of Life movie, only the dining locales were closed.

The supposed official reopening date of the pavillion (according to the cast update) is April 30. So I guess that means it may or may not be open at any time prior.

Also, FWIW, at 5 p.m. Soarin had a 50 minute wait, the boat ride was at 10.

• Banned User

Why the heck do they still have Fast Passes at the boat ride? Are they insane?! LMAO

Here's the operating schedule for next week: (4/24-4/30)

Soarin', Living with the Land, The Kidcot Funstop, and Circle of Life are open everyday except the 30th from 9am to 7pm. On the 30th an early closure of the entire pavilion (closing around 4pm I'd wager) is expected because of a special event being held that night. The new Sunshine Seasons food court will be open on Fri. and Sat. only. Behind the Seeds guided tours will also be offered on Friday and Saturday from 9:45am to 4:30pm, departing every 45 minutes. The Behind the Seeds tour is an extra $12 for adults and $10 for kids.

• Banned User

G-Fan and I went on 'Soarin' yesterday. Fastpass was up and running. We took FP but the window was from 4:10-5:10pm. WE went back at 2:20 and tackled the standby line which moved very very slow, after finding out the Single Rider line was closed and not in use. It was approx. 55 min wait from the time we entered the line, to the time we merged with them FP holders. There was only one theater in operation. Ended up in the center area, row 3. Row 3 is the lowest row of chairs when the movie is on. Hated it. You miss a quater of the movie's top portion and get a most distracting view of the lower curving edge of the screen. I will ask not to be placed in row 3 ever again!
    BTW... we entered The Land thru the main entrance at the front of the building and got to see what they have done in the pavillion (food court and the revolving restaurant were closed) but Listen to the Land, and the Lion King movie were opened. The pavillion looks nice, however, I do not like the spotlight lighting with exposed black cables they have installed nor did I care for the new metalic banister fence along the top floor and down the stairs. Makes it look a bit industrial and takes away from the nicer decor.
    Other than that, it was ok. There were lots of CMs in training, in new looking costumes green, fawn, and brown costumes. I guess they will work in the restaurant venues.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    G-Fan and I went on 'Soarin' yesterday. Fastpass was up and running. We took FP but the window was from 4:10-5:10pm. WE went back at 2:20 and tackled the standby line which moved very very slow, after finding out the Single Rider line was closed and not in use. It was approx. 55 min wait from the time we entered the line, to the time we merged with them FP holders.
    Having lived with the DCA version of the attraction for the past few years I have this to say....... you better get use to long lines. It's a very popular attraction and it doesn't have the high volume. And heaven help you if one of the theaters breaks down.

• Sock Puppet

Malfunctions

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    And heaven help you if one of the theaters breaks down.
    So true So true Ni teach It is just like the tower of terror when there is a malfunction Full Reduced Capacity

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    Having lived with the DCA version of the attraction for the past few years I have this to say....... you better get use to long lines. It's a very popular attraction and it doesn't have the high volume. And heaven help you if one of the theaters breaks down.
    G-Fan and I have been on DCA's Soarin' Over CA several times. It's a painfully slow moving line there and I was not surprised to be subjected to it here at EPCOT. However, things would have moved a whole lot faster if we didn't have to deal with the unfairness of FP when only one theater was operational. Why was FP available on a so-called "preview" was quite surprising to us.

I always use the single rider line at DCA, even if I am not alone ... you never wait more than 10 minutes.

• Minion

This is pretty funny... I was just watching local news, and there was a shot of a woman speaking in an area that I thought looked like the (new) Land. There was a green railing and a metal fence with a very white background.

THEN, I noticed REAL palm trees in the background...and realized she was in a shopping mall.

Ah well.

• Disney Memory Maker

To answer the original question, the area in and around Soarin' is designed as an airport. This is not subtle either. I think the different sections of the queue is great. My personal favorite is the part with the blue lights. The rest of the pavillion is themed to the 4 seasons. Sunshines Seasons is spit up into 4 sections (seasons) although you pay in one location. The seating area is also split up with themed capets and tables to match it's respective season. On the top, there are 4 hot air balloons (again themed to the 4 seasons) with an earth in the middle.

Personally, I love the look of the pavillion. Who says the Land has to stay in the 80s? I like the moderness of the building and I think as a whole, the pavillion looks great. Also, it is much brighter inside and I like the new colors (rather than the aquatic blue previously seen).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

I find they tried to take it out of the 80's, but failed miserably. Too much clash of old and new...

There's definitely too much 'mall/airport/Pop Century food court' feel to the place mixed with some echos of 1982 that haven't been touched.

I do like the queue for Soarin, but overall I think this was a real missed opportunity for WDI. They coulda/woulda/shoulda brought more of nature indoors ... think Rainforest Cafe, but with REAL Disney quality and showmanship ... perhaps real birds in part, real trees and water that flows through ... maybe a mountain backdrop somewhere ... I dunno. It just seems like a typical update. Looks nice on the surface, but lacks real substance.

• Sock Puppet

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    There's definitely too much 'mall/airport/Pop Century food court' feel to the place mixed with some echos of 1982 that haven't been touched.

Finaly someone said something that went with my post topic thankyou. All of the others have been mixed answere At least My thread has more than one page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12