Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The lands

• Sock Puppet

The lands

Is It Just me or dose the upgraded lands pavillion look like an airport

• Banned User

I beleive some of the most popular airport terminals in the US were the inspiration for the queue at 'Soarin', so yes, you are correct. Can you spot the Chicago O'Hare United terminal tribute in the queue?? I did.

• Sock Puppet

O'Hare

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I beleive some of the most popular airport terminals in the US were the inspiration for the queue at 'Soarin', so yes, you are correct. Can you spot the Chicago O'Hare United terminal tribute in the queue?? I did.
    Yea i can coo thanks for bringing that up cool

The airport look doesn't bother me nearly as much at the Pop Century-style food court.

• Banned User

Yeah, they did a pretty bad job on the inside... the outside looks good... but the inside...

Everything clashes... It's like they wanted to bring the place out of the 80's style but only brought it part way out, and now it's just like a big jumble of stuff from airports, Pop Century, the old Land, a big mall, and a dog kennel, all rolled into one.

The new stainless steel railings don't go well with the look because... well, it's not Tomorrowland, it's just the Land. LOL And these new railings have something on them that looks like criss-cross fencing... very cheap looking I'd say, but easy to care for.

----

I do like the Soarin' line queue, though it could have had more to it. But it's a nice queue, none the less.

And I hear the food is excellent. I need to try the salmon.

----

I worry a lot about how loud it will be in there now that they took out a lot of the carpet and removed the fountain.

It was always so peaceful in there... it was a great place to go when it was raining in the park. I suppose it still will be a good place to go in the rain, but they could have done a much better job decorating.

And I also noticed that they totally overlooked the fact that Soarin' will have Fast Pass... and now there should be no reason for Living with the Land to have Fast Pass.

Someone made a mistake on that one... Circle of Life isn't gonna be able to handle all the people that have FastPasses for Soarin', waiting for their time to roll around.

Yeah, they're gonna have problems.

• Banned User

Did they do anychanges to Living with the land or does it continue to be the old boring ride it's always been?

• Banned User

It wasn't open for AP Previews... I guess it just opened yesterday?

I don't know, but I'll go in 2 weeks and tell ya. LOL

Living with the Land was only scheduled for minor changes and fixes. The green house tour should be a tad more interesting.

And everything else was supposed to be just minor fixes. More mist in the Rainforest eco-system, etc.

• Banned User

I will go in two days and will tell YOU, since I just got in from Tokyo.

See my picture from two days ago?

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...454&p=71566787

• Banned User

Ha, lucky you! Be sure and check to see if the same music plays while you wait in line and at the exit. You know which music I mean? The flutes and such? I LOVE that music. I'll be angry if it's gone. LOL

And that photo is impressive. If I ever run into you in the park, I'll have to say hi.

• Banned User

You know? I don't think I have ever paid attention to that music score. That darn "listen to the Land" theme song always drove me bonkers.

• Banned User

Ah, I can't say I ever liked the "Listen to the Land" song either. But I did (hopefully do) like the Living with the Land Line Queue Music. Crazy title eh? But I love it, and have been searching for a master quality recording of it for about 5 years now with no luck. Yeah, it's a little obsession of mine. LOL. I'd imagine you'll know when you hear it if I tell you it's mostly flutes. And if you ever find a real master recording of it, I'll pay handsomely for it. LOL

Bill, I think you hit the nail on the head regarding a whole lot of styles clashing ... that was my take. I liked some parts a lot, but the food court really bothered me. The fountain getting taken out also means that peaceful water flowing will be absent. The Garden Grill still looks like 1982 (except for a brand new sign) ... I dunno, just like they threw a whole lot of different things in a pot.

TDLFAN, when I was at Epcot Saturday only Soarin was open. I was there again Tuesday, but by the time I got near the Land (around 8:30) the whole pavillion was closed and it wasn't open for EMH.

And what do you have against 'Listen to the Land'? I loved that song ... and all of the original EPCOT Center music. Just another thing that Disney has taken away.

• Mostly Harmless.

So is the Land all opened up? Going on Saterday.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    And what do you have against 'Listen to the Land'? I loved that song ... and all of the original EPCOT Center music. Just another thing that Disney has taken away.
    I just never cared for it that's all, maybe because of it's country music style, just a matter of preference. I actually liked the Horizons theme song better, which was hated by fans I know.

• Sock Puppet

Opened Lands

Lets all hope the lands is open.
    And may I remind you of the topic Dose The lands pavilion look like an airport. So far from what has been said in this thread The clashing colors abscence of waterfountain and 1985 style food area wow I think that screams AIRPORT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast