• Disneyland Bear

Leaving in two weeks- tips?

So the family and I are going to Flordia in 2 weeks and when we hit Orlando of course we're going to WDW! Anyway it'll be 2 days at Disney (maybe 3 if I beg) and 2 at Universal (we'd be at Disney the entire week If I had my way but my bro loves Universal so of course). This will be my 5th visit in 17 years to DW but I have yet to experience everything. Anyway we will be park hopping between Epcot, MGM and Animal Kingdom (my bro hates MK and Epcot even though hes never been there, and I got him to agree to go to Epcot by dropping MK)

I haven't been to Epcot in 6 years so whats new? Besides Mission:Space. Speaking of that how intense is it? I can handle thrill rides up to a point. I can handle Tower of Terror and Rock n' Rollercoaster (even though I shut my eyes cause I hate when those darn things shoot you out).

Where can I find the Aladdin characters in parks? And where can I but cds?

Might beg to go to MK for a little while just to see Wishes and ride Pirates. We will have to see.
    Last edited by AngelofMusic; 07-03-2006 at 06:45 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Leaving in two weeks- tips?

My advice: DON'T! We went in late July three years ago and it was HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    (breath) OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

We'll never go in July/August again, but we still had fun. My REAL advice is to not try to push the family through the afternoon if it's 99 degrees with 110 percent humidity. Take some some time to head back to the hotel and cool off in the pool. You might miss a couple of rides, but you'll stay sane...and sane is good.

• Disneyland Bear

We go every year in July. So we're used to it. And it usually rains every day we're at the parks anyway. And even if it doesn't we usually head for an indoor or a water ride when it gets too hot or stop to eat.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Turtle Talk, Wonder of Life is closed, Soarin and I think that's pretty much all that's different other than Mission, which you mentioned.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

One word of advice...

DO NOT CLOSE YOUR EYES ON MISSION: SPACE.

It will seriously ****** you up.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by AngelofMusic
    So the family and I are going to Flordia in 2 weeks and when we hit Orlando of course we're going to WDW! Anyway it'll be 2 days at Disney (maybe 3 if I beg) and 2 at Universal (we'd be at Disney the entire week If I had my way but my bro loves Universal so of course). This will be my 5th visit in 17 years to DW but I have yet to experience everything. Anyway we will be park hopping between Epcot, MGM and Animal Kingdom (my bro hates MK and Epcot even though hes never been there, and I got him to agree to go to Epcot by dropping MK)
    Goto EPCOT even just for future world! Go do Soarin, Test Track, and Mission Space! If you have kids, do Crush in the Living Seas (the ride portion of LS is closed). The rest is really future world if you are interested in that.

Do Animal Kingdom.. Epedition Everest is open now and a great coaster.

• Banned User

OK. Time out here. WDW for only 2 days??? Then don't bother. You will be rushed from one park to the next and unable to enjoy the best of each park because the more you hop around, the lesser your chances of experiencing the most popular rides due to Fastpass unavailability OR lack of time since this is summer season and the parks are busy.. PLus, why bother going to WDW if you don't at least spend half day at the MK?? That's like going to DLR and just doing DCA! (shivers)

I haven't been to Epcot in 6 years so whats new? Besides Mission:Space. Speaking of that how intense is it? I can handle thrill rides up to a point. I can handle Tower of Terror and Rock n' Rollercoaster (even though I shut my eyes cause I hate when those darn things shoot you out).
    First up.. DO NOT close your eyes on Mission: Space. It will seriously ****** you up. DON'T even dare looking sideways, or you will end up with your lunch returned on your lap, then smeared over everything/everyone else in that teeny tiny space capsule. Or you can do the tame version (green lane) As for what else is new here.. well, not much really. Mission: Space, Test Track, Turtle Talk (akiddy show so don't take your MK-hating bro there) and Soarin'. That's just about it.

Where can I find the Aladdin characters in parks? And where can I but cds?
    My answer for the Aladdin characters is Tokyo DisneySEA, but since that's out of the question... try Morroco Pavillion at EPCOT and nearby the Flying Carpets in the MK's Adventureland. Not sure if they make other meet and greet appearances anywhere else, but you can check with Guest relations for locations and times.
    As for CD's... you can get them everywhere they have a big store. At Epcot, try MouseGear; MK, try Emporium and the Cinema Shop; MGM at Mickey's of Hollywood, and at Downtown Disney's World of Disney and Once Upon a Toy. However..a "save money" tip here: Buy only the park specific stuff at Disney that is not found in retail outside the resort. Most everything else you can find at cheaper places for much less money (Best Buy, Target, WalMart, etc) so be a smart consumer here. Or get free shipping from Amazon.com... best way to go.

Might beg to go to MK for a little while just to see Wishes and ride Pirates. We will have to see.
    Begging is out of the question. You must *demand* to go or else..., your bro can stay at Universal and ride Dudley DooLittle while you enjoy a real flume ride like Splash Mountain.

• Disneyland Bear

Begging is out of the question. You must *demand* to go or else..., your bro can stay at Universal and ride Dudley DooLittle while you enjoy a real flume ride like Splash Mountain.
    I like the idea. To bad we only have one other adult coming with us and theres no way in hell my dad will let me wander around disney by myself. No matter how much i'd enjoy it. We're staying an extra day in Orlando this year so we might actually get 3 days at disney. Hopefully. Cause we tried 3 days at Universal a few years ago. And I was bored as hell on the third day. Cause after I ride The Mummy I'm ready to leave

I like the idea. To bad we only have one other adult coming with us and theres no way in hell my dad will let me wander around disney by myself. No matter how much i'd enjoy it. We're staying an extra day in Orlando this year so we might actually get 3 days at disney. Hopefully. Cause we tried 3 days at Universal a few years ago. And I was bored as hell on the third day. Cause after I ride The Mummy I'm ready to leave
    There is a lot I like about Universal (still think BTTF is a great ride...I am getting old), but three days there...I get bored after one day.

Yea, it will be tough trying to get all the parks in on one day. And you should go to MK. Sure it will be hot, but when I have been down there during the Summer, I hit the pools or waterparks during the afternoon and then go back at night. I sleep when I get home.

Enjoy your stay.

• Banned User

Cause we tried 3 days at Universal a few years ago. And I was bored as hell on the third day. Cause after I ride The Mummy I'm ready to leave
    That is why Universal Orlando is at MAX, a 2-day resort. With Islands of Adventure next door, I could spend a good 1 and a half days there. But that's it.

• Disneyland Bear

^Me too. But because it has the "big" rides and Disney is more "kiddie" my brother prefers Universal.