Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

4th of July Fireworks at MK, on the 3rd.

Hello All,
    The MK proudly presented their 4th of July fireworks spectacular tonight on the 3rd, over the MK and Seven Seas Lagoon. I watched the show from the shores of the Polynesian Resort.
    The show was due to start at 9pm but after a brief delay, the show started at 9:04pm. It lasted aproximately 10 mins.
    Unlike previous years... this time the Electrical Water Pageant barges were parked in front of the Polynesian Beach and were instrumental in piping the music from the show and presented the lightup montage of american flags and stars normally seen during the finale of the regular electrical pageant show. These electric flags and stars were added to the bardges back in 1976 for the Bicentennial Celebration, which to me was the biggest fireworks show ever presented at WDW. EVER. Even bigger than that big show they had a few years ago from the Pyro Association at the site of the never built Mediterranean Resort.

Anyways... unlike previous years.. those of us at the Poly Beach were able to enjoy the music that played to the show. Tinkerbell opened the show with a flyover from Cinderella Castle, then to the sounds of patriotic music, a dual presentation of fireworks started from behind the MK and over the center of the Seven Seas Lagoon. The 2nd act was a salute to the armed forces.. This is where the show went huge! In a fantastic display of showmanship, the perimeter fireworks joined the show with red, gold and blue bulbs, while the center skies and over the MK was filled with star-shaped pyro. Very pretty and emotional, and it brought the crowd on the beach to huge applause when it ended.

More patriotic music followed as the perimeter skies around the MK exploded in multitudes of colors, and the show then ended with a stirring "Star Spangle Banner" explosive salute that filled the sky in colors.

All in all, it was a fabulous show that didn't disappoint. I was able to capture some images with my cell phone and are here below for you to see (not so great quality, sorry). The show goes off again tomorrow. CATCH IT if you can.

Happy 4th of July everyone!!

• Banned User

Re: 4th of July Fireworks at MK, on the 3rd.

Quick.. find a friend who can tape it... mom wont let me go.. lol

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Pretty lights!

• I was deleted.

Ooooooo...... perimeter fireworks!! Fun, fun, fun!

Thanks for sharing TDLFAN. I believe they did the same for New Years, same show for two nights to help with crowds (or attempt to).

• Monorail Racer

Those look great. Thanks for sharing those. I remember the Bicentennial fireworks there. Amazing stuff that was.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

How lucky you are to be near such beautiful fireworks on the fourth. Thanks for the pics...and have a happy 4th also.

• Banned User

Yes, I am blessed to live only 12 mins away. And tomorrow... I am going back to see it again at 9pm, and do the "pyro run" from the Poly to EPCOT on the monorail and catch EPCOT's 4th of July spectacular at 10PM. It should be an awesome 4th!!!!

• Banned User

Fireworks are better in New York.
    Last edited by captsmith84; 07-20-2006 at 08:30 AM.

• Minion

ORDDU: Why, my sisters and I were at the Magic Kingdom that same day, too, TDLFAN, duckling! Although we didn't make it to the Polynesian. We were there to see Pirates of the Caribbean's soft opening. We wanted to stay for the fireworks, too, but poor Orwen's feet gave out at one point and begged that we return to Morva before she collapsed.

ORGOCH: Yeah--an' ya wouldn't wanna' have ta deal with a traffic jam on Main Street from a passed out road block like THAT!!

ORDDU: Still a good time was had by all and we appreciate your report of what you saw from the Polynesian. Hugs!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Thanks for the trip report, almost makes me want to beg my honey for a day trip over to catch the fireworks tonight. Doubt he'd go for it though. *grumbles*

Have a great time tonight TDL

Happy 4th TDLFAN, (and everyone else) thanks for sharing your photos and comments.

• Banned User

Thanks Disney magic. Hope you have a great day as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Thanks for the trip report, almost makes me want to beg my honey for a day trip over to catch the fireworks tonight. Doubt he'd go for it though. *grumbles*

Have a great time tonight TDL
    Sorry, but a "honey" who does not let you go to WDW for the 4th of July fireworks has got to GO! Now get in the car and join me at the Polynauseaus beach!!! 9pm sharp!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    You should see MGM's fireworks at 9 then go to Epcot from there!
    I personally do not care much for the MGM fireworks... and ever since they retired Sorcery in the Sky, I kanda boycott MGM's pyro show. I much prefer the huge perimeter presentations at the MK, and the explosive projectiles they send off for EPCOT's finale. The noisiest on the property.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Holy smokes that show sounds (and looks) amazing!

Have fun on your return trip. I hope you make it over to Epcot as well! Wish I was there. These shows sound terrific.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

OOh...fireworks and the EWP bardges? Nice.

Glad you were able to catch the show last night. I wasn't sure if you'd make it back to the Poly in time!

I enjoyed the MK show a lot, but thought the Epcot show tonight was even better. Just phenomenal show. I think what I enjoyed most was seeing the whole Illuminations show and then basically another whole show (this isn't a tag job). The last 60 second were just like being inside a pyro factory as it went up (I know, not the best analogy but ...). I also liked that they kept the barge on for at least an hour after the show and played patriotic music until at least 11 p.m.

Great show!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast