• Quality not quantity

Fireworks - Disneyland vs WDW

I was recently treated to a perfect seat for Disneylands dream come true fireworks show. It was simply the best fireworks show there has ever been. On the globe. Period.

How does wishes at WDW stack up? I have some friends going there next week and I need to let them know if it's a not-to-be missed event like the show in Anaheim.

Thanks.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Fireworks - Disneyland vs WDW

Doesn't. I don't want to join another DL v WDW thread...but Wishes is good as far as fireworks go, but for Disney it is just okay. Well they are good but not spectacular. I didn't see a huge imporovement over Fantasy In the Sky except for the music (minus the assaulting "MAKE A WISH DREAM A DREAM TRUST YOUR HEART" part at the end).

Tell them not to skip Illuminations or Fantasmic! or Spectromagic. Put Wishes as least important I'd say. But it is still worth seeing. Just nothing like DL's.

• Quality not quantity

.. and I CERTIANLY did not want to start a DLR VS WDW thread. In retrospect I should not have used "VS" in the title...

Thanks for the info...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Banned User

If you saw "Believe" in DL before the 50th anniversary, then you get an idea what "Wishes" is all about. I think it's a pretty show worth seeing, but at the present time, DL has the best show out there (yes, I like it better than Reflections at EPCOT because if that long boring revolving World TV segent). But "Wishes" is better than most shows out at Disney Parks. I would even tell you to skip Fantasmic! If you saw the DL version, then you saw the better one.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Tell them not to skip Illuminations or Fantasmic! or Spectromagic. Put Wishes as least important I'd say. But it is still worth seeing. Just nothing like DL's.
    I believe Fantasmic! is skippable if you've already seen the DL's version.

• Defying gravity

Remember...Dreams Come True is the BEST FIREWORKS EVER!!! Wishes is just ok. They both use the same "Wishes" music, but then, DL's goes into detail w/ specific DL attractions. Ex: music is played from the Tiki Room, the castle is put on fire for Indy, there is a green laser in the sky for Star Tours, etc. Of all the nighttime entertainment at WDW, Wishes is the worst. Illuminations is the best and then Fantasmic!

Still, Wishes is worth seeing (bc/ no trip is complete wo/ fireworks over the castle) but not worth waiting for. Oh, and don't make the mistake I did of underestimating the size of Cinderella Castle. I was so happy to find tons of seating right in front of the castle only 30 min. before showtime. However, I realized that if you sit right in front of the castle, HALF OF THE FIREWORKS ARE BLOCKED. (Still thought I was in DL - where Sleeping Beauty Castle is only half the size.....)