• Banned User

4tf of July Evening at WDW.

Well, just got home from my evening visit to WDW. I wanted to see the MK fireworks once again since this year's show appeared to be one of the biggest perimeter shows they've done in a while. The 4th of July show over MK and Seven Seas lagoon started 10 minutes late but it was worth every minute we waited for it. However, the show was identical as the one presented last night. It was a lovely evening over Central FL, and we witnessed a lovely sunset over the western horizons, and the pool and beach area in the Poly was pretty crowded. Here are some pictures I took with my cellphone.

OVER at EPCOT... Reflections on Earth started on time at 10pm. We were treated to the usual nightly show, then had a 3 minute extra special finale. This show went the classical way...with music from several famous American composers such as Gershwin. The special finale was OK. The fanning effect over American Adventure was the highlight of the show. While they have always shot pyro around the perimeter of the World Showcase lagoon, I do not remember if they have done the swaying fan effect over the American Adventure building before. It reminded me of HKDL's Disney in the Stars, which features a similar sequence. Very pretty. The final moments were very loud and brought the house down. My opinion on this... while the EPCOT show did deliver big time.. I have seen better shows here before during the 4th and also over new year's eve. So, this year, I felt the MK show was much more impressive. Here are some photos from EPCOT's Reflection salute to USA's 230th birthday.
    Enjoy.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Re: 4tf of July Evening at WDW.

Thanks for the report. Glad to hear you made it to both shows!

• Banned User

Hi Stud.

Yes, it's too bad MGM's show went on at 9pm, same time as the MK, but their did start ontime since we could hear the loud thunderous booming at the Poly Beach. The clueless guests in front of me thought they were listening to EPCOT's show.

And... did you make it the Macy*s Fireworks show on the Hudson???

I guess we finally disagree on something, TDLFAN.

I thought the Epcot show was better than the MK. They both were terrific, but I enjoyed having the regular Illuminations first ... there was no Disney element to the MK fireworks ... I also thought the music there sounded 'canned' vs. Epcot's more rousing scores.

Maybe being on Main Street wasn't the best place to get a feel for this MK show?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Maybe being on Main Street wasn't the best place to get a feel for this MK show?
    IMHO... No. Being inside the park for perimeter pyro has advantages but I do not like the sense of "tennis match neck" where you are constantly looking around to get as much as you can from the show. I have always said perimeter shows are better enjoyed from the Poly beach. With one look, you can see IT ALL.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    IMHO... No. Being inside the park for perimeter pyro has advantages but I do not like the sense of "tennis match neck" where you are constantly looking around to get as much as you can from the show. I have always said perimeter shows are better enjoyed from the Poly beach. With one look, you can see IT ALL.
    Sounds like you had a great time. Just wish I could have gone. Thanks for snapping some photos, it looks like it was beautiful.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Nice! Perimeter fireworks are the best in the MK. They should do it more often.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: 4tf of July Evening at WDW.

Based on a video someone put up on YouTube in front of Cinderella Castle, I must agree with you. Very jerky because the person recording was trying to look at everything going around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjO7oIyzJSA

A video done at the Poly beach would have been much better.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

This show [IllumiNations] went the classical way...with music from several famous American composers such as Gershwin.
    I'm confused. The normal IllumiNations show doesn't use Gershwin - that was a past version of the show. Did they do something different for the 4th?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    I'm confused. The normal IllumiNations show doesn't use Gershwin - that was a past version of the show. Did they do something different for the 4th?
    Leave it up to you people in Texas to be confused. But for your benefit... I will explain again what I already wrote... They did the same old Reflections show from Oct 1999, then added an extra 3-4 minute salute to America to the sounds of several american classic composers.

• Sock Puppet

Ugh, I'm so jealous you got to see a fireworks show. I work at Disney World, was lucky enough to have the day off, and didn't do a single thing because my roommate had grabbed my ID on accident and went off to work with it. And I couldn't go pick it up from her because I couldn't get into the park without my ID.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I will explain again what I already wrote... They did the same old Reflections show from Oct 1999, then added an extra 3-4 minute salute to America to the sounds of several american classic composers.
    Ahhh. My confusion stemmed from the fact that an earlier IllumiNations show did indeed incorporate Gershwin music as well as other composers. It was not clear when you talked about Gershwin that you were only talking about the patriotic tag and not the IllumiNations show itself. Now I'm un-confused - thanks, my cranky amigo!