Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Epcot related question

I thought ya'll said Animal Kingdom and Mgm only took 1/2 day to do?? We're splitting 2 days up between Epcot, Mgm, and Animal Kingdom.....see, ya'll are confusing me.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo
    I thought ya'll said Animal Kingdom and Mgm only took 1/2 day to do?? We're splitting 2 days up between Epcot, Mgm, and Animal Kingdom.....see, ya'll are confusing me.
    MGM is my favorite park, it really only takes me about a half a day to complete everything on my list. Now that is not including Fantasmic, but if you wanted to see that you could come in the early afternoon, you could see everything you wanted and catch the show.

Animal Kingdom - If you hit Everest first thing in the morning, then it is something that is a half day.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

thank you!!! No offense to anyone..I know everyone said Epcot takes 2 days...but, it doesn't look that interesting to me....so, we're writing down what we want to see..and giving it half a day. Animal Kingdom and Mgm will share a day too. Grimm--sorry for busting in on your thread!!!

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    I see your American Adventure and raise you an America Sings.
    I am old enough to have seen both shows. American Adventure out does America sings because of the complexity of the show and the innovations in animatronics. Human figures are a lot more difficult to pull of to be convincing. Also there is the shear number of human figures that are portrayed. America Sings was a comical show of animals. While they were fun, they did not try to really portray real animals.

American Adventure features Ben Franklin walking up stair and Mark Twain smoking his pipe with real smoke. It has so many set pieces that it feels like a ride. One feels inspired at the end of the show. So many times, the audience claps without prompting.

While I loved American Sings, it unfortunately never inspired the audience.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I see your American Adventure and raise you an America Sings.
    I fold. All I have is a Tiki Room: Under New Management and a Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by geekzapoppin
    Sure! http://www.wdwtoday.com/

It's one of my favorites. They do it in a roundtable format and one of the hosts is a co-author of the aforementioned Unofficial Guide.
    Thanks for the link. Very fun and interesting to listen to these guys.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet Schmalzbach
    Thanks for the link. Very fun and interesting to listen to these guys.
    yes i will second that , quite interesting

My Maleficent tattoo

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I am old enough to have seen both shows. American Adventure out does America sings because of the complexity of the show and the innovations in animatronics. Human figures are a lot more difficult to pull of to be convincing. Also there is the shear number of human figures that are portrayed. America Sings was a comical show of animals. While they were fun, they did not try to really portray real animals.

American Adventure features Ben Franklin walking up stair and Mark Twain smoking his pipe with real smoke. It has so many set pieces that it feels like a ride. One feels inspired at the end of the show. So many times, the audience claps without prompting.

While I loved American Sings, it unfortunately never inspired the audience.
    True the technology of the animatronics is greater in American Adventure but America sings was a much more enjoyable/entertaining for me. I've fallen asleep during American Adventure (and the Hall of Presidents for that mattter). Im just not overly patriotic so it well... it bores me. I use those shows as escapes from the heat/naptime. Even the Carousel of Progress entertains me more.

Yes I'm bad. Sue me.

• Say no to Assimilation

I've fallen asleep during American Adventure (and the Hall of Presidents for that mattter). Im just not overly patriotic so it well... it bores me. I use those shows as escapes from the heat/naptime. Even the Carousel of Progress entertains me more.

Yes I'm bad. Sue me.
    LOL! I have never stayed awake for the entire American Adventure show and I am a history major!! It is a perfect place to get a quick nap in. Same with the Hall of Presidents. Heck, I fave slept on Ellen's Energy Adventure too.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

GrimmGreen something to think about.

I have never been to the WDW resort, but...

even if there are no ride in a certain world pavallion walk through it. In the Japan pav. they have taiko drums performers (so says a few books on WDW I have.)

Walk around for the street performers, in each world.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLoup
    GrimmGreen something to think about.

I have never been to the WDW resort, but...

even if there are no ride in a certain world pavallion walk through it. In the Japan pav. they have taiko drums performers (so says a few books on WDW I have.)

Walk around for the street performers, in each world.
    oh yeah , i think i'm looking forward to the world showcase the most , i love wandering around like in New Orleans Square in DL or down on main street , and for some reason i'm really looking forward to the Norway area , gotta get me some of those WDW books that everyone is talking about

My Maleficent tattoo

• 1000th Happy Haunt

AMERICAN ADVENTURE's enjoyment factor is directly proportionate to how much you enjoy AA technology. The show itself is no great shakes. I mean, there's no way to tell the history of the US in thirty minutes and have it be anything other than a "greatest hits" compilation at best. Still, for me the attraction is the robots. I adore Disney's AA figures, therefore I love going to the AMERICAN ADVENTURE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12