Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: River Country

• Banned User

Hmm.... I know for sure that River country water was treated watch and separated from Bay Lake by a barrier/sea wall.... Now unless the water levels have changed it was safe... (Disney cleans out their pools how often.. I know not drainigng and refilling them nightly... but weekely perhaps??)

• The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Hmm.... Disney cleans out their pools how often.. I know not drainigng and refilling them nightly... but weekely perhaps
    I was referring to the Disney Cruise pools. I believe that they empty them every night and refill them with sea water.

Swim diapers are only going to work if the parents are smart enough to change the diaper at the first sign of "trouble."

Re: River Country

I was a River Country fanatic (I would go there every weekend as a teenager and it holds very special memories) and have sent several letters and e-mails to Disney execs pleading for its life. I still go over and visit it once a month as a pilgrimage. Anyway, I received a call yesterday from WDW corporate office and was told that there are no definite plans to do anything with RC but if they receive enough positive correspondence they feel that they will have to do something. I am thinking more along the lines of a tribute/nature park than opening the water park. At any rate, I encourage as much feedback to them as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    I was referring to the Disney Cruise pools. I believe that they empty them every night and refill them with sea water.

Swim diapers are only going to work if the parents are smart enough to change the diaper at the first sign of "trouble."
    Carnival uses sea water Royal carribbean uses fresh water, I would be willing to bet that Disney uses fresh water also.

I loved RC. When I stayed at WL, the walk over was worth the the trip for this special water hole. it should get the chance to have another life. I am sure it would continue to attract a crowd. I should also say that I liked discovery island. Simple can be grand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12