Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disappearing/Reappearing

which closing show is better?

Wel, our trip is less than 60 days away...I'm am counting down and SO excited!!! BUt, I have yet ANOTHER question for you all. We will be going to the Magic Kindom for two days, and hopping between Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Mgm for two more days of fun....but, looking through countless brochures, I wonder...which night show is THE best? We LOVE Wishes..so, we won't miss that, but, how's Fantasmic? It looks fun....and what about Epcot's? I've heard good things there too. And what does AK offer? Thanks again, guys!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: which closing show is better?

If you've never seen any.. do fantasmic over EPCOT. Do Wishs in MK, and Fantasmic in MGM. If you look at the schedules, you might be there a night they do a late showing of Fantasmic and you might be able to do both epcot AND fantasmic. Check your dates and the show times. AK doesn't have a night show to my knowledge

I say Illuminations way over Fantasmic. WDW's version of Fantasmic really sucks. Illuminations, on the other hand, is really good.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

If you have seen Fantasmic as Disneyland, don't waste your time seeing it at MGM. The one in California is vastly superior (In my opinion...I'm sure there are those who will argue) to the one in Florida. The only advantage Florida has is seating. I know this contradicts Flynn's post, so you are going to have hear more opinions before you decide.

For sure, see Epcot's presentation of IllumiNATIONS. Make a dinner reservation at Great Britian's Rose and Crown Pub (if you can stand British food, that is) later in the evening, closer to when the show is about to start. Even better, if you can get it at the same time the show starts would be awesome. The reason I recommend that restaurant is that you will be on the side of the lagoon where it is shown, one of two locations (Mexico has the other and they do not take reservations).

The show is well worth the effort.

Due to the fact there's living animals at Animal Kingdom--fireworks are a bit frowned upon, so there is no nightly program there. I have heard, however, that they have been staying open a bit later recently.

Most of all, post when you get back, so we'll know!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Pilot EdForceOne

The OP didn't say they've been to DL or seen Fantasmic there.. so when comparing Fantasmic (never seen either) vs Illuminations.. I'd say nay to Illuminations.

Illuminations is fireworks+a globe+fire effects. If you see Wishes.. you see a good pure Fireworks show.. so go see Fantasmic to see something different and unique.

After seeing Illuminations just this past May.. I yearn for the old Epcot show that encompassed the entire lagoon, with lasers and the better music (included marches, etc). The lasers are cheesy by today's standard, but I preferred how they illuminated around the lagoon, and the different music to 'todays' illuminations.

• Defying gravity

I don't really think Wishes is that great. (It's certainly disappointing if you've seen Remember...Dreams Come True.) Illuminations is a great show - it's really pretty against the World Showcase Lagoon backdrop. It also LOVE THE MUSIC. Fantasmic! is good as always. (It's similar to DL's version.) If you've been to DL and are short on time, just see Illuminations. But, if you haven't been to DL, see all three!

Blog Entries

I haven't seen illuminations. I got sick in Epcot about 2 hours before the show so we went back to the hotel. Wishes was wonderful and I'd do that any night of the week. Fantasmic bored me frankly and I don't really ever have any plans to see it again unless my wife begs me to do so.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I would definetly see Illuminations over Fantasmic. I have seen both shows at WDW, and Fantasmic is in poor state. Illuminations is a great show and there are plenty of places around the WS to watch. Reservations at the Rose and Crown is a good idea, or you could just chance it and try to get a seat in Mexico to watch the show. But there are other great veiwing seats, just not with food.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• most magical vaca ever

Huge fan of Illuminations I will NEVER miss it when visiting WDW
    ~~~~~~

• Disappearing/Reappearing

hmmm.....I think we could do both Illuminations and Fantasmic...thanks you guys!!! I would NEVER miss Wishes....we LOVE that. It's SO great!! But, then, I've never been to Disneyland....so, I have nothing to compare it to, besides our Fourth foreworks...and then, Disneyworld is VASTLY superior.

• Huh?

Coming from somebody that's never seen DL's Fantasmic, I'd have to say that D-MGM's Fantasmic is a great time to catch Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror!

Don't miss Illuminations.
    -Tim

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo
    hmmm.....I think we could do both Illuminations and Fantasmic...thanks you guys!!! I would NEVER miss Wishes....we LOVE that. It's SO great!!
    This is a great plan! WDW's Fantasmic! on its own is a terrific show. It only pales when compared to the far superior Disneyland version. My favorite of all the shows in WDW is the current version of IllumiNations (sorry, flynnibus!). It's a great combination of music, fireworks, lasers, lights, fountains and the most spectacular video screen ever built wrapped around a huge globe of the earth.

So if you can do all three, go for it!

• Pilot EdForceOne

my eyes aren't that great so the globe wasn't all that impressive to me.. Looked more like a a big bad TV screen moving around

What I found lacking in the current illuminations was the tie ins to the pavilions (I seem to remember they used to 'walk' around annoucing each pavilion and highlighting w/the lights, etc).. and of course the march music. I'm a sucker for sousa with big shells in synch
    Last edited by flynnibus; 07-06-2006 at 07:15 AM.

• l33t Master

I enjoy all of the closing shows, but Illuminations is probably my favorite. Fantasmic is great too, though it can be a pain to get in to see it, and to leave the park after it.
    Leave luck to heaven.

• Huh?

Tolkoto vbmenu_register("postmenu_741393", true);
    l33t Master

Wait... there's a Poland, OH?! I've been living in this state for 26 years and have never heard of this city!

Is it near Berlin? Bremmen? Toledo? Lima?
    -Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast