Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Disney Memory Maker

Cool TheDisneyInquisitor's Trip Report

Okay, after having just got back from WDW, I am almost ready to post my trip report (I'm going to finish it before posting). Pictures will be coming eventually (when I have time to scale them down & upload them).

Now I can do this one of two ways. I can either post a somewhat detailed (though likely drawn-out ) report on where I was at every point of the day (posting a portion of the report each day) or I can edit it down to only include anything important (which would be posted in one post). If I do the editing, it won't be up as fast, but it's up to you (or if no one cares, I'll just do the long one so I don't have to edit ).

As always, the 12 days I was there were probably the best 12 days all year. I cannot wait to go back (though I guess I don't really have a choice).

Here are 2 small pictures you may or may not have seen yet. The first is the old MK Park Map & the 2nd is the new one that debuted the 7th

I really like how they blended the castle with PotC. The description of PotC has changed from "Scurvy indoor boat ride" to "Join Captain Jack Sparrow as you sail through the sacked Spanish Main." There is also an 'ad' in the park map (next to the Adventureland box) saying "Dead Men Tell New Tales. Captain Jack Sparrow joins the crew of the Pirates of the Caribbean."

Also, something I never stopped (or cared) to think about before..... Disney is really bad at keeping secrets. I've never seen so much advertisement for a "best kept secret" before.

One more little thing, I love the new busses (not the old new ones, but the new new ones). The seating arangement makes so much more sense then the butt-ugly ones they had (with the window in the back). Everything flows much better on these. Also, it's nice to finally have a padded seat instead of just sitting on plastic. The color sceme is professional and the stairs (at least to me) makes more sense then the ramp.

That's it for now. The actual trip report (with pictures) is Coming Soon™ (which of course could mean anywhere from tomorrow to late August ).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Wish I was in WDW..

Re: TheDisneyInquisitor's Trip Report

I love trip reports!

Cant wait to read it

-Nikki

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Take your time and give us detail. A good trip report is always worth waiting for. You are very fortunate to have had such a long vacation. I myself am leaving in 13 days for a 9 day day trip.

• Banned User

oh wait.. you were there yesterday... woops.. I knew i should have posted i was going to MK yesterday

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

We want the full details, your thoughts on everything! And tons of pics!
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 07-08-2006 at 09:32 PM. Reason: BPF messed up
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• I was deleted.

pictures, pictures, pictures! That's the important part... plus all of us our dying to know TDI's all imporatnt opinion on the new E:E!

So yea... hurry up Mikey

• Minion

The fact that you're anxious to go back tells me you had a great time! Glad to hear that.

Far as the trip report itself, I'm with BPF and YoYo on the picture thing. Far as the amount of words, write whatever amount you feel like writing. Odds are good someone here will read your report, whether it's 100 words or 100,000.

• Self Congratulative

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    Also, something I never stopped (or cared) to think about before..... Disney is really bad at keeping secrets. I've never seen so much advertisement for a "best kept secret" before.
    I know! It's annoying. That's why when we were talking about Everest's backside way back when, I said the "most likely solution would be this:"

• I was deleted.

still that Taggart

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    pictures, pictures, pictures!
    Wow. I think BPF just wants your text on the trip Mikey...she seems to have no intrest in photos.

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    The actual trip report (with pictures) is Coming Soon™ (which of course could mean anywhere from tomorrow to late August ).
    Take your time ...

... ya' done yet?
    These are the games that never end.

• The one, the only...

Looking forward to it! Give us all the details!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Disney Memory Maker

Smile Re: TheDisneyInquisitor's Trip Report

Okay here's the first part of my trip report. Pictures can be found here (pictures are a bit light being the first day (plus, putting all my pictures up of each day would make it a bit too easy for the people over at WitDW)).

DAY 1:

Okay, the day started at Islip’s MacArthur Airport (okay, it started before that, but it honestly wasn’t all that exciting the few hours before). I have to say that the people working at ISP really need to chill out. Everyone before the metal detector seemed high-tense and borderline rude. However, once we got to the metal detector everyone was nice.

Now I have a tip for all those going on airplanes……don’t be an idiot like me. I put my bags and everything on the tray and I walk through……….beep beep beep beep. I walk back, they ask to make sure I don’t have anything metal on me, I say “no” and go back through…….beep beep beep beep. So I must stand to the side and go through the standard wand/pat-down security. As it turned out, I forgot to take my cell phone off of me. I’m so used to it I forgot. Then of course the belt attached to my pants has a metal loop that set the wand off. The screeners were very nice the whole time, but the whole thing could have been avoided if I wasn’t such an idiot.

So we wait in the airport for about an hour, have breakfast there and board the plane. I have to say that the Southwest flight attendants are so nice and funny. I have never had a bad experience with them. The main attendant told jokes the whole way through & kept teasing the lady in front saying “This lady up here is single, so for all the guys here, she likes long walks on the beach, the color pink……” During flight, he had a few decks of cards, so to give them away, he asked for people to come up and sing a song (my dad was one of the people). And at the end, he told everyone a secret about the pilot. “He’s not a real pilot, he’s just coming out of a divorce. So when you see him on the way out, tell him ‘I’m really sorry.’”

So we finally get to MCO and we head towards the Magical Express counter (I miss the greeters on the 3rd floor though). The line went extremely fast (less than 5 minutes), it took 15 minutes to get a bus and 45 more to get to The Boardwalk. Unlike last time, I got an actual DME bus and I saw the video for the first time. I thought it was funny & a nice way of passing the time (I liked the extreme corniness of it all).

Eventually, we get to the Boardwalk & check in (of course it’s too early for the room to be ready). So we head to Epcot (I absolutely love seeing Spaceship Earth on the walk from BW to Epcot). The first ride we go on, of course, is Spaceship Earth. There was a 7 minute pause right in the beginning (2 CMs were walking the track with flashlights, so I presume someone dropped something). When it started back up, I heard just how loud the ride system is. That along with the clunkiness should warrant an eventual ride-system update. Anywho, pretty much everything was working perfectly on the ride. All the torches, lighting & other effects were working without fail. Minor pet peeve with the exit though…. The sign on the Post-area wall says “Future World” with an arrow to the left and right. Thing is, if you go to the right you hit a dead end (I guess you know which way we went).

Being that we have the dining plan, we stopped for some lunch (since it would be our counter service meal) at the Electric Umbrella. After lunch and a quick stop in Innoventions, we went back to the hotel to see if our room was ready (it was). I was astounded in Epcot that each time we exited a building, the weather changed. When we went there, it was muggy and looked like it just rained. After getting off SSE, it was bright and sunny. After getting out of Electric Umbrella, it was raining away. But of course we packed the rain coats, so we didn’t have them. Let’s say that by the time we made it to our room, we were soaked (and being that our bags didn’t arrive yet, we were forced to use the dryer & hair dryers to dry off). Zoom ahead an hour and we are off to the MK to eat at the Crystal Palace (I think we did more eating today than rides). As always, the food was great.

Now it was off to Aventureland where most of the rides were still closed due to lightning, so we headed to the Tiki Room. Anyone here can say what they want, the Tiki Room was crowded all night & unlike the original, I have never seen anyone leave this new version.

Now that the rain was gone, we headed towards the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. As we got to the waiting area, the CM comes up to me and says, “DisneyInquisitor?” Yes, this was my first (but not last) Micechatter encounter. Though because I was still a bit dazed from it being my first day, I never got his name. So if you are the MCer that met me by the Carpets, please tell me who you are. Anywho, my parents annoyed me about it for the rest of the day.

While on the carpets, a bird pooped on my dad, so while he went to clean up, my mom, sister & I went to the Swiss Family Treehouse. As always, I think it is one of the most pointless attractions in all of Disney World. Getting close to 9 O’ Clock, we went on Haunted Mansion & IaSW quickly. On HM, we had no audio whatsoever (and the stretching room could definitely stand a refurb).

Then it was time to get a spot for Spectromagic. The big monster-thing who folds up into a volcano (sorry, don’t know his name) is still under refurb (and remained missing throughout my trip). Otherwise it was a nice showing. Straight after that, we got a spot for Wishes (right at the border of Main Street & the Hub). As always, a wonderful show. Being a somewhat tiring day, I decided to forego staying for the final 45 minutes & instead went back to the resort & called it a day.

And to close this, the thought of the day....... On my sister's shirt it says, "Girl's Rule." Apostrophe error or intention? You be the judge.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Thanks for the trip report so far...

Glad to know from your initial post that you had a great vacation. Looking forward to reading/seeing more.

P.S. Oh.. BTW... the big monster thing's name is Chernabog.

• Sailing Away

It sounds like your first day was awesome. I feel really sorry for that guy with bird poop on his shirt. I can't wait for day 2.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast