Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The one, the only...

It is time to close Indiana Jones!!

I know that many will protest, but Indiana Jones stunt spectacular has had its day.

NOW IT IS TIME FOR SOMETHING NEW!

Pirates of the Caribbean Stun spectacular! Johnny Depp stunt look-alikes can do all kinds of stunts on a full size pirate ship and on an island setting.

I think it would breathe new life into that stunt show at DMGMS.

What do you think?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Re: It is time to close Indiana Jones!!

Sounds good to me.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Disney Memory Maker

Absolutely not. Why destroy a perfectly good (and still very popular) show when there is so much unused space in the Studios? Use the backlot theater. Use the unused soundstages. Use the ABC Theater. But they shouldn't take down IJ until they do something with the pre-existing areas. IJESS, at least imo, is still the best stunt show in the studios. The hawaiian shirt guy never fails to make the audience crack up & I have never seen a bad reaction to the show before.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Defying gravity

Hmmm...Pirates does sound tempting....but I like the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. Of course, NOTHING beats Indiana Jones Adventure in DL - BEST RIDE EVER!!!!!!!!

• Disney Prince

nah, Pirates already have a presence in MK, no real need to branch out to MGM, besides, POTC isn't exactly known for its stunts like Indy is.

Indy Stunt show is tired and needs to be replaced. Just not too crazy about the thought of POTC replacing it. Indy is only good the first one or two times you see it, so fortunatley WDW gets alot of first time visitors every year...but they also get a ton of repeat visitors.

• In Technicolor!

My opinion on the intended topic follows. Typos and confusion first:
    1) The abbreviated title of this thread on the index page says, "It is time to close Indiana". This recently happened to New Jersey, so it's not that far-fetched.

2) The proposed replacement show sounds quite painful: "Pirates of the Caribbean Stun spectacular!". Ouch!! (Cattle prods, I presume.)
    On to the real topic: These sort of arguments get kicked around all the time (Aladdin in DCA is the current whipping boy). While the Indy Stunt show is getting old for the repeat visitor, I think it's still good fun. I'd also agree that, despite the current Jack-Sparrow-Mania, a live Pirates show would be too much, considering the dark ride just down the road on which it would be based. I'm in favor of keeping Indy.
    These are the games that never end.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

wait...I thought there was an Indiana Jones RIDE at Wdw???

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo
    wait...I thought there was an Indiana Jones RIDE at Wdw???
    sort of ...

The Dinosaur ride in Animal Kingdom is the same ride system, but with dinosaur theming. This thread is discussing the Indiana Jones stunt show at Disney-MGM Studios.
    These are the games that never end.

I'm glad I saw this post I would have forgot!

I was in front of the castle one night in May and I ran into a CM (manager) in the casting department, he asked if he could take our photo for us and we got to talking about all sorts of things. He mentioned that the Stunt show was suppost to be going down and a Indy ride was finnally being processed. It is still in the brainstorming session but the thought has finnally been pressed forward. WDW has been lacking a Indy ride for a while. The ride is to be placed somewhere around that area the stunt show is now. I guess there is a lot or something behind it that would hold something like that. It's been so long since this conversation and I was in the middle of such an amazing trip that I don't remeber all the details. Will someone look into it?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    Absolutely not. Why destroy a perfectly good (and still very popular) show when there is so much unused space in the Studios? Use the backlot theater. Use the unused soundstages. Use the ABC Theater. But they shouldn't take down IJ until they do something with the pre-existing areas. IJESS, at least imo, is still the best stunt show in the studios. The hawaiian shirt guy never fails to make the audience crack up & I have never seen a bad reaction to the show before.
    What /\ said.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I am SO confused....so, there IS an Indiana Jones ride AND there's an Indiana Jones stunt show?

Yes there is a Indy Ride in Disneyland in California. And a Indy Stunt Show at Disney-MGM Studios is Florida. Dinosaur at the Animal Kingdom in Florida uses the same ride system as the Indy ride in CA.

And just to confuse you more there is a Indy Roller Coaster at Disnyland in Paris and another Indy Ride in Tokyo

• Banned User

The Indy stunt show is not part of the long term plan for the Disney-MGM Studios... currently it costs too much to run two different stunt shows, and just isn't effectively pulling in more people to see the new show. You can expect the Indy show to leave us in the future, and technically there is enough room in that location for an Indy ride, they might not go for an Indy ride after all.

• Banned User

I don't want to see an indy ride, for that matter I don't want to see another thrill ride at MGM. there are enough "thrill" rides throughout the resort, you need more family attractions. and I don't want to see anymore carbon copy rides from the west coast. IT would be fun to have another attraction instead of the indy but there are other things that need attention first. Indy still draws crowds. and the cars stunt show isn't the same as indy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast