Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney Dreams!

• Sock Puppet

Disney Dreams!

Has anyone seen Disney's new site www.mydisneyparks.com ? You can win VIP access to the Magic Kingdom. I think it means you and your group have the whole park to yourselves. How awesome would that be! Could you imagine walking through Walt Disney World with just your friends and family??

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Disney Dreams!

Well since Disney will never close a park for a whole day it'll just be a land at a time early in the morning, with tons of people staring down at you evily for blocking htier path.

No magic there to me.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

or they'll close off each land, one at a time for a limited amount of time just for you. Doesn't sound like fun to me...ruining every one else's good time. Besides, I have horrible "luck", I'd never win anything.

• Banned User

would rather win an afternoon with bob iger. that way I could tell him what I think should be done with WDW. of course it would only be my opinion. but then micechat is full of opinions.

• Disney Memory Maker

1) There is no "if". Disney has stated that they will enjoy one land at a time....
    As the winning family leaves each land, other guests will fill the park behind them -- ensuring plenty of spectators as they make their way back down Main Street, U.S.A. as grand marshals of the daily parade. The winning family will conclude their remarkable visit by enjoying the spectacular fireworks over Cinderella Castle from a special viewing location.
    2) It is happening to one family & every land will be open to all guests at some point in the day. Any inconvenience is a minimum. So I see absolutely no case in that argument. It is also happening in October at the very begining of the celebration (not exactly a peak attendance time).

3) I think this is fantastic. It makes a magical, purely wonderful day for winning family (starting off with a Red-Carpetted Main Street). It is zero to very little inconvenience to other guests & provides a trully spectacular promotion for the YoaMD.

As for ruining everyone else's good time... how is it doing that? So adventureland is closed for an hour..... just go somewhere else you were planning on going later in the day & come back to adventureland in an hour. How is that ruining everyone else's fun?
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Thanks for posting all the info!! I knew they would have a plan for this, they wouldn't offer something like that without a complete strategic plan to make it all work out. It still sounds cool to me!!!

• Monorail Racer

If they close each land for an hour, you can figure that rides will be closing before that so that the guests are clear of the land for the family's magic. So, if there's a 30-minute wait for Space Mountain, the line will be cut off 45 minutes or more before the big land visit. Now you're pushing nearly two hours that some of the land's attractions may be closed. I don't think it will ruin anybody's vacation by any stretch, but it can surely be a hassle. If I've ridden everything once and am heading to TL to ride Space Mountain, Buzz, etc. and now it's closed for at least 90 minutes-2 hrs, it can be a big bummer. Not just a ride, but the whole darned land is closed!

It probably won't be all that bad, but I can see how there will be quite a few complaints about it. If they let people know about it in advance, maybe they'll be able to plan to hit another park that day if it might bother them. It certainly would be reasonable to give guests that option if they want it. Personally, I think it would be more fun to have the park stay open one extra hour after normal closing (or open one hour early) and each family could enjoy their own land for one hour at night. Less interference with other guests days at the park and easier than cutting off lines mid-day to clear a land.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    Personally, I think it would be more fun to have the park stay open one extra hour after normal closing (or open one hour early) and each family could enjoy their own land for one hour at night. Less interference with other guests days at the park and easier than cutting off lines mid-day to clear a land.
    But that is basically what EMH does. Just a 3 days after the 4th of July, I went to MK's evening EMH & with the exception of a 15 minute wait for Space Mountain, everything (including Splash, Thunder, Stitch, etc) was a walk-on. And if it's like that in the summer, I can't imagine how it is in early October.

I honestly don't see that many extra complaints coming (no more than if a ride went down due to Technical Difficulties), especially since each land will only be closed four 1-2 hours for one day. If anything, I see it as a great opportunity. Imagine seeing Main Street decked out in red carpets. And also, once a land is reopened, just get there then and you'll basically be at the front of the ride. So those 90 minutes are easily made up if you get there at the right time & don't have to wait in 40 minute lines for Splash & Thunder (just using those as an example).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Monorail Racer

EMH doesn't clear a land in the middle of a day though. It either brings guests in before the park opens or allows some to stay after the park closes. They are outside the normal operating hours of the park. That's why I think this land closing thing would work best during those times. Just do it at MK one night when the park closes and keep each land open one extra hour for each family. Doesn't interefere AT ALL with anybody else's day at the park and they still get their land to themselves. Not to mention, they can cycle down all the attractions to the one or two boats, cars, vehicles, etc. that they'd need for the extra hour for the families.

It would be different from the EMH in that you have the entire land to yourself and not just hotel guests. You're right - October isn't normally all THAT busy and it probably won't be that big of a problem. Still, it seems like it could be handled even more simply and with ZERO inconvenience to other guests by making it a one hour before or one hour after park operating hours.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    EMH doesn't clear a land in the middle of a day though.
    Point is though that unless its a peak attendance day, evening EMH is the same exact thing. Sure, you won't have the whole land to yourself (being that there will be people mosying about), but you will have the attractions to yourself being that most of MK's are walk-on in those hours. Therefore, there wouldn't be a point of offering what is already there (at least imo).

• The one, the only...

Having the whole park to a group, let's say of ten, sounds creepy to me. It would be like finding a ghost town. It would not be my idea of a dream. I would not mind to get in for free! NOW that sounds great, but to close off an area for a micro group, that just does not seem right.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

Personally, I would love to be there to cheer on the winning family. I think it would feel pretty special just to be there in the crowd and see the smiles on the faces of the people who won.

Side note: Aren't they giving away bunch of other stuff to other Guests in this promotion? And aren't those other "giveaways" supposed to be unique and special?

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Having the whole park to a group, let's say of ten, sounds creepy to me. It would be like finding a ghost town. It would not be my idea of a dream. I would not mind to get in for free! NOW that sounds great, but to close off an area for a micro group, that just does not seem right.
    Again, it's not the whole park. It's one land at a time..... the other 6 lands will be open to all guests. And again, it's for one day. My guess is that they will do the lands in reverse order (ie, start with Adventureland & make there way to Tomorrowland). Personally, I do not see any part of this that could inconvenience in any way any of the guests (unless of course some guest has to ride Splash Mountain at exactly 2:15).

Side note: Aren't they giving away bunch of other stuff to other Guests in this promotion? And aren't those other "giveaways" supposed to be unique and special?
    Yep, they are giving away a million dreams. The ultimate prize is spending the night in Cinderella Castle's newly made apartment (which will debut in January) or DL's Mickey Penthouse. Some guests will travel to each Disney resort around the world, serving as grand marshall. There will be private meetings with Disney characters, admission to "special parties and extraordinary experiences", Golden Fastpasses & much more.
    The press release can be found here.
    Info on the park-for-a-day is available here.

• Monorail Racer

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    Personally, I do not see any part of this that could inconvenience in any way any of the guests (unless of course some guest has to ride Splash Mountain at exactly 2:15).
    Well, that is my traditional and favorite time to ride it every time I visit there. They better not close it around 2:15!!

Seriously, I get what you're saying though. Maybe they could close one land for the hour each day over several days.

I'd want to sleep in the castle and get in for free. Even if it is only one land at a time, I think I would feel creepy. Why not let me invite a group of friends and sleep in the castle and get in for free (maybe a meal also ) Even the original idea sounds good...but I also never win anything...

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast