Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Kungaloosh

Lightbulb New Figment Ride coming soon?

I heard a rumor the ride was closing in early January and will reopened in time for EPCOT's 25th Anniversary with changes? Is any of this true, will it be changing soon in the near future?

• Monorail Racer

Re: New Figment Ride coming soon?

I believe I'd heard the same thing, but I don't know that it's confirmed for sure. The ride could surely do with some changes as they try to get it right one more time.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

3rd time's the charm? Let's hope!

• Minion

Yeah, the rumor's been tossed around for a while this year. I'm hoping it's true. We need Dreamfinder and the original quality of the ride back!
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Say no to Assimilation

Let's just get rid of Figment all together!
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Minion

NO! I'll skewer you on the wand and eat your liver if you consider the thoughts of removing Figment again! A bit strong words, but still... Figment's fanbase is huge for a somewhat obscure character. Remove him and you got a crapload of really pissed off people.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Say no to Assimilation

Figment hit my 1 year old on the head with his nose and made her cry.
    "He who knows only his own side of the case, knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side; if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion" --John Stuart Mill

• Minion

Yeah, Figzilla(the Goofy sized walkaround Figment) isn't all that popular. It's a shame that they just don't bring back Dreamfinder and the old meet and greet formula with Dreamfinder carrying Figment in puppet form.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

There's a lot of truth behind the rumor, BUT nothing has been firmly been given a go from Burbank just yet. But it does look good.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I fully expect that they will change the ride to be somewhat closer to what it originally was, remove the Imagination Institute concept and change out the Honey I Bore the Audience film. If they can overcome the ADA issues, I'd like to see the Image Works return to the upper floor. There is a lot of wasted space up there.

"Honey" is far past its prime and needs to be removed. With that gone, the Imagination Institute overlay of "Journey" doesn't make as much sense (not that it did anyway). that in conjunction with the lackluster response from guests to the new Figment ride make some sort of change inevitable.

Some have argued for the removal of Journey, but EPCOT needs strong Family rides. Something that Journey always was before it was changed. Figment is a sort of classic character. I expect that he will be around in some form for many years to come.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Disney Memory Maker

Change it....don't change it.... I really don't care. But please don't make Dreamfinder the central figure. Have him here & there, but to me he looks too darn creepy to be the central figure (he looks like he could be Mr. Friendly's (from Lost) brother). And yes, I too would like to see Imageworks moved back upstairs. If possible I'd also like to keep the theme of the Imagination Institute alive.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    If they can overcome the ADA issues, I'd like to see the Image Works return to the upper floor. There is a lot of wasted space up there.
    The only official reasons I heard upstairs Image Works was ever closed were budget during the first rehab (or should I say murdering) and cost of air conditioning the pyramids. Lets not forget that it has an Elevator.
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by coaster3001
    Lets not forget that it has an Elevator.
    Yeah, but if I remember the stories correctly, it constantly broke down. And if it did break down, how would the wheelchaired guests get back down?
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

A rehab of the Imagination pavillion would be most welcome and would continue the good progress they are making in updating FutureWorld.

We'd have Nemo/Living Seas, Soarin'/The Land, and then an updated Imagination on one side. You already have M:S and TT anchoring the otherside, and they could next turn their attention to doing something with WOL and UoE.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    Yeah, but if I remember the stories correctly, it constantly broke down. And if it did break down, how would the wheelchaired guests get back down?
    Something tells me you're not remembering the stories correctly. I believe you're referring to the "carousel" opening of the ride, where Dreamfinder and Figment are introduced in the Dreamcatcher. That apparatus did not age well, and supposedly was a mechanical nightmare to keep operational, during the final years.

As for the elevator to the ImageWorks upstairs... that could easily be replaced with something more modern. Elevator technology is far more reliable today than even 25 years ago, when the original pavilion was designed.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast