Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My 4th of July RoE experience

To those of you who've seen RoE anyplace near the Towers Gift Shops, you may appreciate this. For those who haven't, just try to follow along.

In towers plaza, there is a section that is roped off until 8:50 (depending on wind). If that place is open, it is stated that it is sitting only. THIS IS THE ONLY "SITTING ONLY" SECTION IN EPCOT.

With about 40 minutes until the show we went to watch it in front of the shop on the Canada side (I like being by the seawall launcher). We walk through the shop to avoid the traffic jam where FW and WS come together and people were outside blocking the doors to the waterside of the shop so nobody can encroach on "their" space. Well I politely pushed the door open, pushing a rude woman to open her piehole at me. She said there was no room for me and that I should go somewhere else. I said I have friends meeting me here. She said that they weren't coming through and that there was no room. I told her that when everyone stands up for the show that there will be more than enough room. She said that neither her nor anyone esle was going to stand. I finally had enough and told my friends to hurry and come outside and stand with me. We all get out there and about a dozen families are claiming that it was a sitting area (which it was not) and bad mouthing me. Show starts and we are getting yelled out by people and I was being called a selfish jerk. That only made me want to stand taller and wider. WIth that siad, let me say it like this:

1. You're wrong, it wasn't sitting room only. Wanna sit? Go find a bench or wait by the area that IS sitting room only.
    2 I'm selfish? if these people got off their a$ses, then 3x as many people could be there and watch.
    3 I've never seen 7/4 RoE, neither had my g/f or my friends. I had just as much right to be there as them.
    4. Some people were laying down. If you want to lay down, go back to your hotel.

TO the people I pissed off, I don't care. You were being selfiseh and your facts were wrong. TO sitting there and insulting me and complaing to me was really going to make me feel bad for you, oh and your b!tching during the show also ruined it for everyone else.

OK, that's my rant. I'm done.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Re: My 4th of July RoE experience

I hate when people want to sit during Fireworks. It is so dumb. I have had it happen to me many times including my one and only trip to Disneyland 11/11/06 and I got a spot 2 hours early and confirmed that the area I was in was not a sitting area. Than like 5 minutes before the show started they began to yell at me because I was standing. Forget them I had waited 2 hours. So in short I'm behind you.
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

would it have KILLED you to sit down and try not to ruin everyone's else's show? That's ridiculous. It may not have been a sitting area...but, YOU were extremely rude. You probably ruined it for countless children, just because you felt you were in the right and felt you needed to prove it. That's ridiculous. We always sit when we watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom...last year, we attended with my mother and father..who was in a wheel chair due to breaking his heel trying to fix his house after Katrina, we made sure to get great spots for the parades (Christmas), with my dad sitting right up front, holding my daughter. People didn't even think twice about standing right in front of him. We kept having to ask people to move, and they'd give us mean looks...what are we supposed to do, people? He's in a freaking wheelchair?! What you did was immature and iunbelievably rude. It would not have hurt you to just sit your butt down and let everyone enjoy their show too! How would you have felt if some rude person ruined your kids firework experience cause he was too stubborn to sit down? It's people like you that ruin the Disney experience. Disney World is supposed to be a happy place, filled with laughter and joy..not someplace you walk away from with memories of someone runing your experience cause they were toobusy trying to prove they were right.

• Banned User

The problem, is people dont know about the ledgendary seating area.. where it can be 10 degrees warmer when the inferno goes off... (your that close..!)

and then some others thing any area is a seating area and gather to be sitting...

Epcot should designate on the maps 2 or 3 seating areas.. (as well as the not marked handicap areas which are seating areas if your accompaning handicap people in wheelchairs..)

I hear your pain. Stand if you want...I have never been able to sit and enjoy the show...I really don't see how you can. But I do agree with the above, designation would be a good thing for those who want to sit.

First off if you want to sit for fireworks get to a spot as early as possible. Cause if you are in the front of the viewing area than anyone behind you can stand w/o blocking your view. Second there are almost always viewing areas for wheelchair bound guests they just have to be seeked out. It just seems as though people feel intitled to what they want even if I've been waiting for two hours and they waltz up 5 minutes before the show starts.
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo
    would it have KILLED you to sit down and try not to ruin everyone's else's show? That's ridiculous. It may not have been a sitting area...but, YOU were extremely rude. You probably ruined it for countless children, just because you felt you were in the right and felt you needed to prove it. That's ridiculous. We always sit when we watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom...last year, we attended with my mother and father..who was in a wheel chair due to breaking his heel trying to fix his house after Katrina, we made sure to get great spots for the parades (Christmas), with my dad sitting right up front, holding my daughter. People didn't even think twice about standing right in front of him. We kept having to ask people to move, and they'd give us mean looks...what are we supposed to do, people? He's in a freaking wheelchair?! What you did was immature and iunbelievably rude. It would not have hurt you to just sit your butt down and let everyone enjoy their show too! How would you have felt if some rude person ruined your kids firework experience cause he was too stubborn to sit down? It's people like you that ruin the Disney experience. Disney World is supposed to be a happy place, filled with laughter and joy..not someplace you walk away from with memories of someone runing your experience cause they were toobusy trying to prove they were right.
    I had the same experience. If we were sitting patiently for a show, I would not want somebody coming and standing in front of me. I'm relatively short and have better viewing when everybody is sitting. However...if I'm asked to stand, then I will do so. So if I was in that situation, I would politely stand or make space.

I noticed lts of people were very defenive of their space for Illuminations, some woman was going crazy because people were standing next to her and their was plenty of space with nobody obstructing anyone else.

Sitters should not sit in the standing areas, but If I was the only one standing I would stand behind people sitting as you would be able to see over them.

Second there are almost always viewing areas for wheelchair bound guests they just have to be seeked out.
    the thing is, we were.

It just seems as though people feel intitled to what they want even if I've been waiting for two hours and they waltz up 5 minutes before the show starts.
    that's what happened. We lined up for the Christmas parade about 30 mins before it started...then, people just walked right up and stood in front of my father. People can be SO rude and it just ruins it for everybody. You think if they were in the "Happiest place on earth", they'd be willing to be a little courteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo
    the thing is, we were.

that's what happened. We lined up for the Christmas parade about 30 mins before it started...then, people just walked right up and stood in front of my father. People can be SO rude and it just ruins it for everybody. You think if they were in the "Happiest place on earth", they'd be willing to be a little courteous.
    At that point you need to bring a cm into the mix.

that's another funny thing. We did that. We'd politely ask the people to leave ourselves, and then, get dirty looks, or a Cm would come over and tell them to move. This happened over and over. But, once the parade started, no Cm's were to be seen. And people just stood right there. My father couldn't see anything, so, we ended up having to move. It just amazes me how selfish people are.

It sounds to me like you were a total *******. If everyone was sitting, you should have stood behind them. Even if people were allowed to stand, there was no reason for your behavior.

'Get up, stand up...don't give up the fight...'

• WDW FAN

STAND UP! If you claim you spot before hand and want to stand, as I do, stand up and enjoy the show! I make sure to get to Germany by 8:15.

If you're a guest traveling with a wheelchair, go use you're special seating areas!

• Kungaloosh

In life circumstances dictate how we go about our business. Whether its going to work and hitting traffic at rush hour and being late, or waiting for a movie that gets cancelled at the last minute. You can't help those cases. But when circumstances reveal a group of people waiting to watch the fireworks at EPCOT and they happen to be sitting not bothering anyone. Whether or not its a specific place to sit or not, how are they over all effecting how you go about your business of enjoying the fireworks by standing? The difference between my examples and what the OP did is plain and simple. You had a choice to stand and block the view of people who choose to sit verses standing, you were not forced to but you did. In my examples you couldn't help but be late, or it wasn't your fault the movie got cancelled. What was your goal in making your point? Were you trying to stur the pot, cause people to get frustrated, and loose their cool? What was your mission in proving you point besides make it clear that they had no business in attempting to enjoy the show by sitting instead of standing? The fact of the matter is the "rude" lady and her group were there first. Life isn't always fair but if they were there first you had no business attempting to force them to stand. What if they had been in the parks all day and were tired, and just wanted to sit to get some relief from the hot Florida sun. Just because an area isn't specifically designed to be a "sitting" area doesn't mean it can't be. I am surprised that anyone would ignore a group of sitting people just to stand to make a statment. The fact of the matter is, if you wanted to be in that area to watch the show, you should have planned better and arrived earlier or it is fair game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast