Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disney Memory Maker

Re: 20k sub behind Soarin

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    Hmmmmm..... but it's at Epcot....... and the new nemo ride is under construction..... HMMMMMMMMMMM
    Nemo will be using Shell vehicles. So even if for some odd reason they did put it there, it would likely be just a prop in the tank or queue.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    Nemo will be using Shell vehicles. So even if for some odd reason they did put it there, it would likely be just a prop in the tank or queue.
    Yeah, that's what I meant and guess what is happening. Plus, how could they fit a whole sub in there with ride system in those tanks?
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

The top of the sub was moved to Epcot backstage around September of last year. The reason it was moved there was to coincide with a new cast member reward program that was sea-themed. I don't really think the idea took off all that well, so now Epcot has a left-over sub rotting away in it's backstage. It was originally out near Test Track, after that it was moved near the marina, now I guess it's chilling out by Soarin'.

I think it would be really cool if they rigged the sub out in front of the France pavilion in World Showcase lagoon. One of the original ideas for the lagoon was going to be that each pavilion would have a water craft unique to it's culture out in front. Norway had the Viking ship, America had the "Golden Dream", and Italy had the gondolas, and so forth. I think it would be cool to have Jules Verne's Nautilus out in front of his home country. At night they could rig the cockpit eyes to glow, it would be really cool. Even better would be if they could make it move as part of the next generation Illuminations.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Self Congratulative

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer
    Actually it is a little known fact that Eisner asked it to be kept in that shape and occasionally moved around the parks in Orlando. Why? To drive us internet Disney geeks nuts and to distract us from poor upkeep.
    Why..if that little ******* didn't have the last laugh anyway.... laughing as he soars down in his golden parachute.

• Married and happy again!!

I'm still ticked back when the auctioned one of on ebay and i was out bid at the last moment. I wanted to win that thing so bad. It would have been so cool to have had that in my back yard. Oh well guess it wasn't ment to be.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Yensid TlaW
    Well don't they just half a top half sub in the backstage tour at MGM in the water tank part? Does that still exist? I haven't taken that tour in a while.
    Used to.. wasn't there when I was there in May

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus
    Used to.. wasn't there when I was there in May
    Maybe this top of the sub is the same thing... when they redid the area to pearl harbor.. they removed the sub.. around that time this thing surfaced...

• World Traveler

Now that you mention it, we saw this sub when we did the Backstage Magic tour in June. The guide explained what it was doing there, but I dont remember now.

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by mikelan6
    Now that you mention it, we saw this sub when we did the Backstage Magic tour in June. The guide explained what it was doing there, but I dont remember now.
    Oh way to let everyone down! C'mon we expect more out of those of you who go on the tour and are thrown info in every direction. How could you not connect the dots man? The top half of an old ride vehicle at a different park and a pavilion closed: simple math; or thinking, or is it math? You know what this means? It's the mark of death for Soarin'.

Now back on planet reality: it's too bad you can't remember mikelan6. Oh well hope you enjoyed your tour. About the sub, that would be awesome if it makes it way into the new seas. It definitely hasn't been at the studios for a couple of years. It would be nice for the seas to have a tribute to 20k in the ride. I wonder if they removed/destroyed the nautilus model they had in the wait area. It wouldn't make sense since it is an actual movie prop.

</IMG></IMG>
    - Horizonsfan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12