• Inappropriate

WDW Attractions you Just hate to love!

So the "WDW Attractions you just love to hate" thread got me really thinking. There's not any real particular ride that I love to hate. I like them....yet i have some pretty guilty pleasures that I just hate to love. (Anyone confused yet?) Go ahead and throw down some rides that regardless of how much it hurts your pride, yuo still ride it with a smile. I'll sytart things out.

El Rio Del Tiempo. Wow this ride is awful! The first time i rode it I hated it...but then i kept riding it...and now i can't stop! It's almost so bad, it's awesome! No day at Epcot is complete without riding it.

Journey Into the Imagination: Okay this ride i love. I never went on the original, so i have no idea what to compare it to. A lot of people hate it, so i have to sneak into the ride while no one is watching me, just to save my dignity.

Pirates of the Caribbean: I can't go on it without comparing it to the Disneyland version, which I just happen to like better. I know every time I go on it I'm going to be slightly disappointed....but i just keep on riding it.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Banned User

I am a 26 year old man and I love IASW :o

Now I have to explain why. Whats better then sitting in a boat floating around in the A/C watcing a bunch of kids in other boats with big smiles on their face when they see the show?

• PoppingtheQ@WDW!

Back from lurksville

Hm, Well I hate to say it, but I still love the GMR. Even though the AAs need refurbs, and the whole show could use a kick inna pants, I still enjoy it. (twice as much when there is a good CM running the show)

• Original Mice-Chatter

GMR? Some acronyms are still lost on me.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    GMR? Some acronyms are still lost on me.
    Great Movie Ride!

I love the boat ride thru the land! Reminds me of Willie Wonkas Chocolate factory.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox
    Great Movie Ride!

I love the boat ride thru the land! Reminds me of Willie Wonkas Chocolate factory.

I LOVE GREAT MOVIE RIDE and BOAT RIDE THROUGH THE LAND.

Seriously its these sort of attractions that we dont have out West that I am longing to see again. I remember on my first trips to WDW it was all about seeing what we didn't have in CA, and comparing everything.

I still dont remember Pirates being all that bad in FL, just not as many long dark boring caves which have no show or even interesting rock formations.

I like to paddle through sea caves kayaking in Channel Islands NP off the California coast, and its way more interesting. When Im in CINP i think of Pirates, when I'm in Pirates I think of CINP.

• The one, the only...

Many wonderful things at WDW

It is hard to say, but the Original Journey to Imagination was SO much better than the one they now have. I think that the original suffered because I remember having a hard time finding it when I rode it for the first time. It is too bad because a lot of effort was put into that ride to make it a great kids ride.

Immagination is such a hard topic to make into a ride. I think that we all love imagination, but imagination about specific things. I think that someone can come up with a concept that can have the magic the original ride had.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

I have to say the only thing that marred the original Journey into Imagination ride was the bad ride system they had installed. It creaked and made way too many stop and go motions as if it was too oversized and overweight to move on smoothly on the track. Mercifully that has been corrected in the newer version, but still..I too agree the old show was more imaginative and wondrous that this new version. The fact that this is a walk on 99.9% of the time is a testament to that.

• Inappropriate

i think it's a walk on most of the thime because it's hard to find and the park doesn't really advertise it anywhere. I happened upon it on accident once. That's the only reason I know about it. I mean the entrance sign is just a banner, and you only have small unmarked doors to go through to get to the ride. It's a very hidden ride i think. But i still love it.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries
    I'll admit to liking it also. While it does PALE in comparison to the original, it is a mild setp up from the second one, which I can't remember, but for some reason I am drawn to this ride whenever I'm in EPCOT. It's like a car wreck; I can't help being drawn to it. Maybe Dreamfinder's ghost possesses me to come and see it.

• Minion

Dumbo. I kickstart the MK with this attraction. Sad, but true.

• Banned User

Test Track...no theme, no story, but the ride is fun as hell. Its like Autopia....but better.

• On Autopilot

Snow Whites scary adventures, nothin's more fun that having your friend mock scream at everything

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I'm with Pizzapants on this one... El Rio del Tiempo in the Mexico pavilion at Epcot is the ride in all of WDW that I hate to love!

What kind of 39cent rip-off of "it's a small world" is this? I've been to Mexico and its marketplaces and found it's "BUY FROM ME!!!" film portions a bit much...plus all of mirrors near the end to make the scene look bigger..... and the lifeless Audio-Animatronics with dead blank faces.....and the fake fireworks on the ceiling are a bit much.

What kind of stereotypical hall of horrors is this thing? Thank goodness it's usually a walk-on ride... otherwise I wouldn't have the patience for it!

I love this ride because it's bad.... and hate it because it's almost so bad that it's good!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    Maybe Dreamfinder's ghost possesses me to come and see it.
    He's not dead, he's in management's floating death fortress in the dungeon with Mr. Toad, the cast of Horizons, Tapestry of Nations/Dreams, Kitchen Kaberet and Food Rocks. Figment's been plannong a rescue mission for a while and don't be surprised to see a freaking huge version of the Dreammobile equiped with laser cannons and stuff in the skies of Epcot going toward what looks like a flying version of the tower of Baradur.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki