Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Backpacks in the parks....

Anything I need to know about having backpacks in the parks?

We are planning to have some snacks and sodas in one and other stuff in the other pack.

I heard that they do bag inspections at the gates, and if so, dothey care about food/drinks? Anything I need to know about having them on rides?

Thanks

• Banned User

As long as you're not taking alcohol in the parks, you should be fine. Though Disney does reserve the right to not allow you to bring any food in the park, they (99.9% of the time) don't enforce that right. The only time I've ever been stopped was when I had a can of Sprite and was going into the Animal Kingdom... and that was just when they first opened. I don't know any guards who enforce that rule anymore either.

As far as food and drinks go on rides, you can take whatever you want on as long as it's sealed and put away inside your bag. The only thing that CMs will usually let you get away with are those giant suckers... you can pretty much take those on any ride.

My best friend went on Big Thunder Mountain RR with one once... that was fun, but he was scared during the ride... it's kinda scary when you can't hold on with both hands. LOL

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    As long as you're not taking alcohol in the parks, you should be fine. Though Disney does reserve the right to not allow you to bring any food in the park, they (99.9% of the time) don't enforce that right. The only time I've ever been stopped was when I had a can of Sprite and was going into the Animal Kingdom... and that was just when they first opened. I don't know any guards who enforce that rule anymore either.

As far as food and drinks go on rides, you can take whatever you want on as long as it's sealed and put away inside your bag. The only thing that CMs will usually let you get away with are those giant suckers... you can pretty much take those on any ride.

My best friend went on Big Thunder Mountain RR with one once... that was fun, but he was scared during the ride... it's kinda scary when you can't hold on with both hands. LOL

Thanks. I was thinking that we'll probbly have bottled water instead of sodas. I'm sure that sodas in a backpack all day in the heat and being shaken up after rides wouldn't be all that good. LOL

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by monorail_rider
    Thanks. I was thinking that we'll probbly have bottled water instead of sodas. I'm sure that sodas in a backpack all day in the heat and being shaken up after rides wouldn't be all that good. LOL
    As far as water goes a camel pack is also nice.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by monorail_rider
    Anything I need to know about having backpacks in the parks?
    I would also suggest that you take bottle of water, take away about 1/3 the water and put it in the freezer over night. In the morning put more water in with the ice.

This will keep other things in the backpack cool and you will have a cold drink later in the day.

Of course, take everything that you do not need out of the pack. Keep it as light as possable.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    If they stop you because of the food, you can keep it in a locker just outside the front gate.

I always keep a backpack in the parks. Pez, sunscreen, gameboy, camera, bandaids, hand sanitizer, snack, and Pez.

Oh, and I always bring along a Pez as well, just for fun.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion FOREVER!

We've been big backpack users in the parks as well.

We have two packs (one for our son's baby stuff and one for us).

For ours, we always have water and juice, Wet-ones, sanitizer, snacks (Wheat thins),
    autograph book, lots of paper napkins (from the nearest concessions), pens, newspaper,
    (reading in line, sit on, insulation if you need it), and depending on the weather,
    light windbreaker/jacket/sweatshirt. Also sunscreen, lipwax(?), bandaid, tylenol...
    (I think you might be able to get that at First Aid, but not sure; you can definitely
    get bandaid, but then you'll have to walk to get there).

If you do freeze your water, recommend wrapping it in napkins or even a neoprene
    insulator. Otherwise, the outside of it will get all wet. (from the condensation).
    We have the insulation, and so we just cool the water (not freeze it).

We've never had problem w/ the security check w/ any of this.

Oh, I've also never had a problem (before) with bringing in my
    swiss army knife, but last week (for WDW), I left that at home.

come on be brave and wear the all mighty fanny pack, the next trucker hat.

• Banned User

Hey, I am a proud wearer of fanny packs when necesary!!! They are more comfortable to wear that having a heavy sack over your shoulders, especially if you plan to bring your food supplies and other items for the day at the parks.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AF'nJ
    come on be brave and wear the all mighty fanny pack, the next trucker hat.

LOL Um... thanks, but I'll pass. and should I wear that hat backwards to fit in with the locals?

(born and raised in Orlando so I am allowed to make fun)

• Banned User

>>(born and raised in Orlando so I am allowed to make fun)<<

Then you should know it's the British tourists that dress funny. Not the locals.

• Banned User

also, I don't think they let you bring in coolers or ice chests, they'll make you put thise in a locker or take it back to your car/room.

• Race Car Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    If they stop you because of the food, you can keep it in a locker just outside the front gate.

I always keep a backpack in the parks. Pez, sunscreen, gameboy, camera, bandaids, hand sanitizer, snack, and Pez.

Oh, and I always bring along a Pez as well, just for fun.

-Dusty
    Dusty do you collect Pez????
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Me 'n my two looney sisters always has ta tote 'round a big, black cauldron when we goes ta the parks. And, ducklin's, let me tell ya; it ain't no fun on a hot day er a cold day er ANY dang day!! 'Spec'ly the way big fat sister, Orwen, always has ta load the thing down with plush toys, dolls, pins 'n boxes a Krispy Kremes!!

My advice is to not take a backpack in the park. I believe in traveling light ... who needs to carry around all that stuff anyway? If you really have things you must access while in the parks, I would rent a locker and put the backpack or whatever in there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast