Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What's More Important - Quality or Quantity.

What kind of Disney Vacation is most important to you?

The one where you visit a park, and in any given day, you ride as many rides as you can. You leave for the park at the crack of dawn and you stay until it closes.

Or.

You might take advantage of an early morning at a park, but you stop to see characters, have a meal that you reserved through priority seating, and do some spontaneous activity such as pin trading, or picture taking.

In otherwords: Is the quality of your vacation more important than the quantity of the attractions that you experience?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: What's More Important - Quality or Quantity.

Quality. I do the rides at Six Flags.

• In Mouse We trust

I prefer both that is why, whenever possible, it is best to take long vacations so you can see almost everything during that time while allowing yourself the time to enjoy it.

• Disney Memory Maker

Both. Why not have a quality & quantity vacation?
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There are many times, that I read about people going to WDW, and they are planning their vacations. They make comments about wanting to do everything. Asking questions about riding all the rides in a day. Asking questions about fastpasses, and getting to the park early in order to cut down line times. They don't mention, stopping to experience the magic. They are concerned with the quantity, and not the quality of their vacation. I find this sad.

• Banned User

Quality all the way - and Disneyland has that, unlike WDW which seems to focus more on the quantity of the attractions than the quality of them.

However, there are still some pretty good rides - up to par with DL - at WDW.

• The one, the only...

I understand where Barbaraann is going with this. Too often families run from one ride to another, stopping only when out of breath. I think what she is saying that slowing down to catch the magic is quality in the experience. So if you miss a ride or two, enjoying the experience is the key. I agree with her. Although it is tough to do. I know I love to see it all. I understand why people say they "want to do everything." Of course, that is impossible for most at WDW because it is such a big place with so much to experience. Since the average family stays four days, I doubt they see everything.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

Blog Entries

problem in this is that some familys only get to the parks once a year or maybe less (we go twice if were lucky) and the running and panicing and just plain silliness is part of the magic to us, puts us in this "disney high" like drugs only comply legal. i would love to go for the quality of the trip, but we go for quantity cause as much disney in 1 1/2's as you can is hard to do, but we do it everytime

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    They are concerned with the quantity, and not the quality of their vacation. I find this sad.
    But the thing is, quality is in the eye of the beholder. While I may find absorbing the details & theming of a queue as true quality time in WDW, others may simply find it boring. While some love to see how many attractions they can go on, others find that too fast-paced.
    But I'm still in the camp that Quality & Quantity can co-exist perfectly.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    But I'm still in the camp that Quality & Quantity can co-exist perfectly.
    It can, just not in WDW.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Too often families run from one ride to another, stopping only when out of breath. I think what she is saying that slowing down to catch the magic is quality in the experience. So if you miss a ride or two, enjoying the experience is the key. I agree with her. Although it is tough to do. I know I love to see it all. I understand why people say they "want to do everything."
    So many times, especially on hot, crowded days, I see people kind of trudging through the parks, looking like they just have to get to that next thing "or else"...and it just looks like they are so intent on "seeing everything" that they're just not having much fun - and these are quite often the people that become more frustrated or grouchy as the day goes on.

Maybe these people are enjoying themselves...who am I to judge.

Sometimes you'd just like to tell em to slow down...and just enjoy the day more.

To each, their own...but to me, sometimes "less is more"...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• is on the rocks

When I went w/ friends in '02, we tried to keep it a happy medium - we hit the parks early and stayed till closing, but played it by ear. When we got tired, we stopped to rest in a shady spot, eat or watch a show that we maybe hadn't "planned" for at that point.

We also knew it would be impossible to see everything, so we tried to make a wish list of "must see," "would like to see," and "if there's time we'll see it."

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

When i went at the begining of this month I had at least three attractions I had to go on. otherwise I took it very easy. I mostly wanted to see the fireworks and the parade cause I wanted to see them before the 50th was over.

So i do a bit of both.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    So many times, especially on hot, crowded days, I see people kind of trudging through the parks, looking like they just have to get to that next thing "or else"...and it just looks like they are so intent on "seeing everything" that they're just not having much fun - and these are quite often the people that become more frustrated or grouchy as the day goes on.
    I make that mistake on the first day of every trip to WDW! You're right; it isn't fun. However, I usually settle down by day 2 and really start to enjoy things.

So, to answer your question Barbaraann, I typically have a much better time focusing on quality rather than quantity. I've had the best success picking 3, maybe 4 "must see" attractions /rides per day, doing those and then using the rest of the time for meals, taking in sights, doing something spontaneous etc.

I think it varies from person to person. I'm a 42 year old with two young kids. The pace I keep, the quantity of attractions I can and can't do are likely to be very different from a 20 year old single person.
    Last edited by Pacha; 07-18-2006 at 11:35 AM.

I think it really depends on your situation. If you asked me two years ago I would have said quantity. I was a "commando" hitting all the rides I could as quick as I could. Now that I'm married and have someone to enjoy the parks with its not so much the park as it is the time with her at the parks. We are going for a week on Saturday, we have booked more meals than anything else because we wanted to enjoy ourselves. If we want to hit the park that day great, or we could lounge at the pool, or sleep late in each others arms. I think Quality far outweighs quantity now. The rides are still great, but the memories you create by being with someone else on the rides or at the parks is something that you cherish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast