Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• 1000th Happy Haunt

Re: Does if feel like not much is going on...

While I agree that the parks cannot be allowed to stagnate, I also think it would be a mistake to overbuild just for the sake of having something new every year. That's when you get cheap, cookie-cutter attractions. Right now there are more things to do at the WDW resort than has ever been there before. What they need to do now is spend their resources on putting the attractions that are there in as good a shape as is possible. Quality over quantity.

Not much going on??? Everest is the biggest E-ticket ride since M:S and it was only three years ago. (think about how many years DL hasn'y got another E-ticket). I think WDW GOY EVERYTHING. Just a few years ago DL is almost literally falling apart (SM, BTM, everything). I think it is time to give DLR more attention. California Adventure need more help than Epcot.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I think the main point of the original poster is usually around this time WDW is promoting something major to see like a new show, a new theme (the one they released doesn't count) and WDW is falling short in that department.

As far as Everest goes, no offense but as soon as they changed Captain Jack Sparrow, almost every Everest billboard came down and now all I see is the front cover of the maps plastered everywhere.

So Everest seems to not be in their marketing plan right now or they have given up thinking it will hold its own I think.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I think the main point of the original poster is usually around this time WDW is promoting something major to see like a new show, a new theme (the one they released doesn't count) and WDW is falling short in that department.

As far as Everest goes, no offense but as soon as they changed Captain Jack Sparrow, almost every Everest billboard came down and now all I see is the front cover of the maps plastered everywhere.

So Everest seems to not be in their marketing plan right now or they have given up thinking it will hold its own I think.

• Rockin Guitar Player

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Is it just me, but I feel like there is not much going on at WDW this year. Last year, for the 50th anniversary, each park got something. This year although there is a new ride going into Epcot, I just feel like there is not much going on.

I feel that there should be more, a new parade for MK or another new ride for DMGMS. It just seems like all the building is going into DVC resorts. I have nothing against them, but shouldn't there be more attractions being planned or built? It just feels so quiet that one can hear the crickets...
    Well people had to get ready for the POTC:2 Premiere and opening the ride again so they were busy
    A spartan on the outside, guitarist in the inside

OKLAHOMA
    ROCKS!!!!

• If We Can Dream It...

When I said "the world"in my last post I mean just WDW. I didn't mean the actual world! I don't think it's fair to say WDW "stole" the 50th but that's another topic all together.
    - Horizonsfan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12