Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    I was trying to be funny not derogatory, I know it had the geese from Splash Mtn. And I was 10 when it closed so that's why I cant remember it.
    No problem . I thought it was funny.

I don't remember any "walking" animatronics in America Sings. Many of them were on moving bases so they could move in and out of scenes, but I don't think there was any walking (like American Adventure) going on.

Here's a link to the Yesterland page on America Sings:
    http://www.yesterland.com/amersings.html
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Cant someone confirm this, instead of posting what they THINK the facts may be. By the way, Jspider is one of my favorite posters, he makes me laugh. I think he thinks Disney should run all their plans past him first and get his ok. LOL.
    hey thanks

I reviewed my videos again

mostly what I see is the difference in enviornment when you enter (WDW's Tokyo's is brighter DL's is a bit darker andt he pumpkins make me think of fall?)

anywho all in all they are more spread out in WDW for better storytelling so I'm seeing alot of longer scenes (the opening especialy in DL just seems to run past you)

all the characters are the same for the most part but there are a few special placements (yes the running brer is unique)

I see a frog on the first lift (as opposed to a rather simple owl on the second) and I think there might be a few other characters in different spots, WDW/Tokyo deffinatly have more variations of the laughing place song

still I love the "don't you go to the laughing place" segment even if it doesn't add too much to the ride's story it does help build you up for the drop and bring you into that since of danger

all in all I love em all I'll ride em all dispite the fact that I can't stand taking da fall (I'm horridly scared of heights)

but everytime I see that Tokyo owl in the que I wand that owl and I wanna know what the heck it's saying it looks like such an excellent themeing element

and is it just me or does Disneyland's Splash attempt to hide the singing animals until after the first drop :confused: seems almost like a pacing thing to me (WDW's obviously instantly drops you into the land of talking critters)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by General Grizz
    Are there jumping weasels in Disneyland's Splash Mountain?
    Yes, they are.

The DL Splash weasels are actually the AS originals. The WDW Splash weasels are new sculpts.

• Banned User

They built imatations of SOME of the America Sings charecters for florida and japan. They made a few imitation Geese, an imitation saddle sore swanson, the porcupine and racoon, the 3 gators, the weasels, and the roosters and hens on the riverboat at the end. They built some new AA charecters too like some little kid rabbits and a roadrunner. However, keep in mind Florida/Japans version of Splash Mountain only has about 60 AA charecters while californias has over 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    They built imatations of SOME of the America Sings charecters for florida and japan. They made a few imitation Geese, an imitation saddle sore swanson, the porcupine and racoon, the 3 gators, the weasels, and the roosters and hens on the riverboat at the end. They built some new AA charecters too like some little kid rabbits and a roadrunner. However, keep in mind Florida/Japans version of Splash Mountain only has about 60 AA charecters while californias has over 100.
    well the geese look a bit better for a few scenes in Spalsh mountain in WDW but that could be just because they ONLY used the most movable models (I think there are a few geese that don't move as much in DL's because I see some moving tons like WDW's and a few that seem to only pivot but then again everything shoots by so fast how can I be sure?)

I like how the boat rocks back and forth in WDW's Splash ending it gives it more life then DIsneylands (from what I've seen video wise)

I however like the Brer Fox getting attacked by the alagator better in DL's then WDW's (in DL's he looks like he's leaning over more and him pulling up on a branch is more convincing, in WDW he looks like he's standing up too upright I don't like that animation)

Wow...DL's has 20 some more AA's? I just watched my vids from Disney Central and the DL version seems shorter. (At least the show scenes.)

I've had the pleasure of riding all 3 Splash Mountains, but only about twice each, so I can't tell you much from memory

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyJCA
    America Sings is one of the best loved and most missed attractions in Disneyland history. The attraction designs were made by Marc Davis whose work is prominent all over Disneyland. I love the Country bear shows without doubt, but America Sings was an attraction that was unique to Disneyland --- something rare in today's cloned Disney world. Maybe someday we'll be blessed with a new attraction, "America Sings Again!"
    Too bad it had to close. I mean it was a fantastic attraction. I love these types of shows. It was entertainment, not a thrill ride like everyone wants. America Sings had great music in it as well as great sets. Now I gotta get to TDL. Four years and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody
    Wow...DL's has 20 some more AA's? I just watched my vids from Disney Central and the DL version seems shorter. (At least the show scenes.)

I've had the pleasure of riding all 3 Splash Mountains, but only about twice each, so I can't tell you much from memory
    in specific the how do you do sequence seems a bit longer and I'd say there's more space inbetween the be hives and brer rabbit being caught

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12