Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: New parade at Magic Kingdom?

Except the Brazillian Tour Groups
    it's so funny you say that. Both trips last year, I saw groups of teenagers walking around with Brazil shirts on....is this common?

I believe (like most MK events), it will be hosted by Jiminy Cricket.

why is that? Why does Jiminy Cricket host stuff? I'm not a big fan of Pinnochio, so, that boggles me. Why don't they let Iago do some (it's not like Gilbert Godfried couldn't use the work)

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by MMP
    They've always recycled to a certain extent, you know the princess float in the current parade? The one with the clear castle spires and such? I remember it being in the WDW 15th birthday parade!
    I know. Uhg. I mean it is so tiring seeing the same unchanged float in lousy parade after lousy parade. I think MK just has horrible luck with day parades. I've not liked any of it's day parades.

Yes, sadly those Brazil shirts are all too common in the summer.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Yes, sadly those Brazil shirts are all too common in the summer.
    Maybe because its a World Cup Year?

I think MK just has horrible luck with day parades. I've not liked any of it's day parades.
    aw, I like the parades. But, then, I'm a tourist. My daughter is 3 and absolutely LOVED the parade last year. Esp. the Christmas parade. But, the day parade was fun too. And Spectro Magic is lots of fun. Right now, she is having 15 fits over Flynnibus' avatar. "it's Tweedledee!!!!~giggle~ I wanna see him again, can we go to Disney World?" Thanks, Flynn. Now I have to explain to her for the umteenth time that she has 38 days to go (God willing) before our vacation. At least she's finally figured out who they are. The first time we went last year, she thought they were pigs. We waited in line to get their autographed, and when it was our turn, she freaked out. So, I bought the movie so she'd know who they are...put it in, she comes running.."mama, it's the pigs...they're on the movie!!". ~sigh~ sorry, got off topic.

• Pilot EdForceOne

My 2.5yr old didn't quite get the characters yet.. she still squirms away from Santa You should show her http://home.att.net/~disneysue/chara...haracters.html if you really wanna get in trouble

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo
    it's so funny you say that. Both trips last year, I saw groups of teenagers walking around with Brazil shirts on....is this common?
    Yep, they're there every summer. And it's not just Brazil. Paraguay, Venezuela & various other South American nations are also there. You'll always recognize them by their annoying chants and rudeness (not all are bad, but the ones you will notice will likely be the bad ones).

why is that? Why does Jiminy Cricket host stuff? I'm not a big fan of Pinnochio, so, that boggles me. Why don't they let Iago do some (it's not like Gilbert Godfried couldn't use the work)
    Jiminy is kind of like Tinkerbell. Yes, he was in Pinnochio, but he has transformed into something so much more. Like Tinkerbell, he is a mascot for the company (and like Tink, his personality as a mascot is much different then his personality in the movie).

Maybe because its a World Cup Year?
    No, they are there every year.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    Even an attempt to pretend to be fresh would be much appreciated. This just screams "we want to save money"

Yeah ... but at least they're being honest!

Thanks Flynn....I saw that website listed somewhere else around this site and spent quite a while on it (after she went to bed!) It'll help track all those guys down. Her big ones for this trip will be Dopey ..she was crazy about him last year, but, we never saw him She went nuts over Capt Hook...so, we'll have to track him down again. And now, she's seen Toy Story, so that throws a whole 'nother group of characters into the mix. Plus, our first trip to MGM, so she can meet Jojo.~sigh~ you never catch up. Her REALLY big thing right now, are the cards from Alice in Wonderland...but, I don't think those are characters...don't see them listed...does anyone know?

• Disney Memory Maker

Also keep in mind with the parade is that two parades with the same floats can be very different. Look at ToN/ToD. ToD essentially kept the same floats (only changed one) and only made a few changes to the music. Now I guarantee that most people who saw both versions will love one and hate the other. Same floats, same music, different parade. Not saying the new one will be good or bad, but it should be given a chance.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    You'll always recognize them by their annoying chants and rudeness (not all are bad, but the ones you will notice will likely be the bad ones)..
    That's the whole truth.

• Shubisha

Tell wdw to build a buzz lightyear float so they can use the music from that float in Moving On. It's my fav =D

• Shubisha

Btw, if anyone hasn't heard the tokyo theme that's supposedly coming to wdw's new parade, you can hear a quick glimpse of it here. Not the same as hearing it blasted in the park, but still.

you can hear the whole thing in videos of it obviously. no CD's been released sadly. Though I was bored yesterday and did a live loop of my fav float music, the buzz lightyear one

Quote Originally Posted by MMP
    They've always recycled to a certain extent, you know the princess float in the current parade? The one with the clear castle spires and such? I remember it being in the WDW 15th birthday parade!
    Actually, giving away my age here, it was used in the Tencennial parade - WDW's 10th birthday!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tencennial
    Actually, giving away my age here, it was used in the Tencennial parade - WDW's 10th birthday!!
    You mean the pararde with sythesized music... and actually quite catchy... that went through the differnt lands of MK?

Blog Entries

wow, I got sigged and didn't even know it. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast