Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• 1000th Happy Haunt

Re: Cinderella Castle Refurbishment

I heard they're going to paint it to look like a giant birthday cake lots of pink icing. Ha ha.
    Have that man taken out and flogged with a wet noodle!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I am going to be very evil here but uh. I wouldn't mind knowing that I had sex in Cinderella's castle, I mean really, how many people can say that?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    I am going to be very evil here but uh. I wouldn't mind knowing that I had sex in Cinderella's castle, I mean really, how many people can say that?

"Charming" and "Phillip" for what I heard in my days as a CM 20-some years ago.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by grrandram
    I heard they're going to paint it to look like a giant birthday cake lots of pink icing. Ha ha.
    I would accept the return of castlecake if the room inside looked like you were sleeping inside a giant cake.

SPONGEY WALLS!

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

What's the real answer, LOL, new paint scheme or just a new coat?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    It's for the next promotion, mostly because Rasulo opened his mouth and inserted his boot, offering a goal (letting guests stay overnight in Roy's apartment) without direction (how it's to be done, how to keep guests from feeling like prisoners in the castle overnight, etc)
    A ridiculous logistcal nightmare ... not to mention just a tacky highlight of yet another no substance marketing campaign.

And yet another reason why Jay Rasulo needs to go work for WalMart!

The man's clueless.

• Banned User

You are much too kind to Rassulo 74... He is beyond clueless.

guess where all WDW HCOE Castle Decorations will goes ? across the Atlantic Ocean probably .
    HKDL : Done !!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    "Charming" and "Phillip" for what I heard in my days as a CM 20-some years ago.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL

Gotta agree. CMs, not CMs, it is not a huge list. And just imagine the cheesy pick-up lines that could be associated with all of that.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    A ridiculous logistcal nightmare ... not to mention just a tacky highlight of yet another no substance marketing campaign.
    Ok, gonna hijack here for a minute.

Why is everyone slamming this campaign before its even begun? Forget all the 'insider' rumors which are just rumors spread on these type forums as fact. What's the beef? It hasn't even started yet, and why would they annouce all the details 4 months before it even started? If you knew everything.. come Oct when it were to start.. you'd already be bored with it.

Its obvious disney marketing is looking for continous campaigns to run now.. each to hold over until the next theme. That's why the tagline updates.. logos.. etc.

Everyone moaning about the rumored number of 'prizes' and their value. Do you hear everyone whining when McDonalds does a promo (like Monopoly) and you get a free soda?

Just like any prize promotion.. there are big winners.. and then many times more 'chump change' winners.

I don't get all the whining. What.. no substance? Of course not, they are still in the 50th cele campaign! Granted they may have announced the NEXT campaign a bit early, but that wasn't kickoff day so what's the problem?

Even if the execs annouce something before its completed.. that's an internal gripe.. why is everyone EXTERNALLY acting like the whole things a failure because some internal ruckus that may not influence the external delivery at all?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus
    Ok, gonna hijack here for a minute.

Why is everyone slamming this campaign before its even begun? Forget all the 'insider' rumors which are just rumors spread on these type forums as fact. What's the beef? It hasn't even started yet, and why would they annouce all the details 4 months before it even started? If you knew everything.. come Oct when it were to start.. you'd already be bored with it.
    You answered your own question. All we have is rumors, lousy ones at that. For the 50th we had hard facts of what they were doing. And they gave us that info a year before it started. We're 4 months away we know nothing and have just uninspiring rumors to go on.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    You answered your own question. All we have is rumors, lousy ones at that. For the 50th we had hard facts of what they were doing. And they gave us that info a year before it started. We're 4 months away we know nothing and have just uninspiring rumors to go on.
    The 50th is a bit different of a special yearly marketing campaign tho.

Unfortunatly not every year is going to be the golden anniversy of your first park, so I don't really consider that a fair comparison. The 50th was a global event including major attractions at multiple parks. That's not simply something you are going to do every year.

What you are seeing is Disney marketing feeling like to have to have 'something' every year (which is not new.. they've been doing this for awhile) so they have these campaigns.

What you are describing is simply coming off a sugar high.

The Year of a Million Churr..I mean Dreams is all style and no substance.

Disney itself doesn't even know how or what much of it is going to be.

Disney parks should be about being enveloped in different environments that transport you worlds away from the every day ... in everything from the attractions to the dining to the live performers to the fireworks to your resort room (if you're staying there).

When Disney resorts to things like 100 Years of Magic, Magical Gatherings, the Happiest Celebration and now this lame-a$$ one, what they are doing is saying 'we either can't come up with new reasons for guests to come or won't spend the money to create new experiences that will have guests calling their TAs, so we better come up with some marketing BS that the rubes will fall for.'

• Vehicle rotating backward

It's pretty hard to argue it like that, 74, when the 50th marketing sure brought a lot of rubes to DL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast