Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cinderella Castle Refurbishment

The MK Park is in the process of removing the HCOE Decorations. During this time, The penthouse will be converted to the castle bedchamber and the castle will be repainted. Here is the schedule:

HCOE decorations removal- Sept. 10-13
    Paint Castle:Sept. 19- Dec. 5
    Castle Bedchamber- Dec. 5-19

In order to do it in a timley process, every night, when the park closes, crains will be brought in, and before the park opens, the cranes will be taken out

• Disneyland Bear

Re: Cinderella Castle Refurbishment

Thank you God! It's about time they take down the HCOE decorations.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by AngelofMusic
    Thank you God! It's about time they take down the HCOE decorations.
    x2

What is the Bedchamber?

• Vehicle rotating backward

It's for the next promotion, mostly because Rasulo opened his mouth and inserted his boot, offering a goal (letting guests stay overnight in Roy's apartment) without direction (how it's to be done, how to keep guests from feeling like prisoners in the castle overnight, etc)

can't wait to see what they do to the castle. Also, some pics from inside the penthouse. I think it is a great idea...though probably off limits to many who will not be able to afford it (including me)

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by disneydude35
    In order to do it in a timley process, every night, when the park closes, crains will be brought in, and before the park opens, the cranes will be taken out
    Well not totally. If you've seen them do other crane work you'll know they park the crane to the side of the Castle and fence it off. It'll just lower for the day (though I've seen them do day work before). Getting the crane in and out is far to huge of a job to do each one each night and have time to get work done.
    It should be parked by the TL side of the castle, blocking the walkway to the fountain from the Fantasyland route. Thank god Cinderellabration is leaving or with it's constant shows (and closed castle) and a walk way closed, leaving Snow White to get to Main Street would now have 2 routes closed off almost all the time.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet Schmalzbach
    can't wait to see what they do to the castle. Also, some pics from inside the penthouse. I think it is a great idea...though probably off limits to many who will not be able to afford it (including me)
    It's for the Year of a Million Dreams promotion. Some family is going to win being able to spend the night in the castle apartment. It won't be for rent... at least not yet probably depending on how this thing goes.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Well, it just goes ta show ya the ol' Fairy God-Mom ain't what she used ta be. Was a time she could just wave a stick an' finish the trick by puttin' Cindersmelly's Castle back the way it SHOULD be. Either they ain't willin' ta give her no more over time pay er the ol' bat's lost her touch. Kind a sad, ain't it, when yer powers start ta go like 'at? Guess the ol' gal's gonna' be put out ta pasture soon...

• Minion

ORWEN: My, my. what a shame. Letting a crane do a job that would normally be done by a fairy Godmother--if she still had enough powers left. Then, again, she's been overworked with the Cinderellabration ceremony--using up all her energy making fireworks and all. Maybe we should give her a rest and not expect too much of her.

ORDDU: Well, dear, I hate to be the one to tell you this. But rumor has it that the poor dear even had to have help with the fireworks display that everyone witnessed for Cinderellabration. Apparently she doesn't have enough power left to summon up a decent lightning storm--let along mere fireworks. From what I've heard, they had to hire special technicians to assist her with the fireworks at the end of the show.

ORWEN: (Gasp!) No!! And to think she stood there acting as if she deserved all the credit!! I had no idea she could be such a phony baloney! What would Cinderella say?

ORGOCH: No doubt she'd take her in front a Judge Judy an' demand her money back--fer a half baked job not done. From what I hear tell, most a the stuff the Fairy God Mom did fer Cindersmelly's fallin' apart. Her ball gown's turned back ta rags an' that no good Prince Alarmin's Actin' like he don't know her no more! What kind a deal's THAT from an old has-been who cain't git a simple spell ta stick?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Blue Fairy > Fairy Godmother in a magic competition. Not only do the BF's spells stick longer than a few hours, she's more glamorous too.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    It's for the Year of a Million Dreams promotion. Some family is going to win being able to spend the night in the castle apartment. It won't be for rent... at least not yet probably depending on how this thing goes.
    Yea...I will enter the contest, but with my luck, I'll have to do with just looking up the side of the castle and making out whatever I see. Man, can you imagine what the rent will be on that place?

Does that apartment up in the castle even have any real windows?

Can you leave the room during the night?

It will be interesting to see how they work out these details.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

/\ If they work them out too. I do wonder what time you have to be out in the morning and stuff too. Can you go for your morning coffee on your balcony in your underwear? Stuff like that.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Is this gonna be a NEW paint scheme or just a fresh coat of the same?

• Banned User

I heard they're going to paint it to look like a giant birthday cake lots of pink icing. Ha ha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast