Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

WDW worth $67 a day?

We'll find out starting Sunday when the cost of a one-day, one-park ticket reaches a new all-time industry high.

I guess the summer hasn't gone as well as Al Weiss and his execs hoped with this move plus the feel-good, but no substance hurricane policy he hyped a few days ago!

• Banned User

Re: WDW worth $67 a day?

Is WDW worth it? Of course it is. It is my opinion that these raises in ticket prices will have no effect on WDW guest visitation at all.

BTW, this price increase is for all WDW tickets, not just One day. Including all passports. (Annual, Seasonal, etc.)

I'd say it is worth it.
    Though you have to be crazy to buy a 1 day ticket when a multi day pass works out much cheape per day.

• Banned User

no it's not worth it. and if orlando isn't careful they are going to price themselves right out of the marketplace. the entire area is suffering from lack of enthusiasm. but high fixed costs at the resorts force their hands. it's a two edged sword however. raise prices and eventually people won't be able to afford to go. and with energy prices staying high, it won't be too long if it hasn't affected attendance already.

• Minion

ORDDU: If anything, they should LOWER their admission prices. That's what would attract more guests. But greedy management types don't often act as though they have any brains. They act as though they're working for large Oil Companies.

ORGOCH: Yeah, ev'rytime they goes 'n raises prices, they's just shootin' 'emselves in the feet! An' none a that money seems ta end up bein' spent where it oughtta be. Anyway, it ain't my problem. Got all I can do ta keep the price a frogs from goin' any higher. That's why I hunts 'em down fer free my own dang self!

• If We Can Dream It...

They're border line pushing it. They haven't added enough in my eyes to make another $4 jump in pricing. I think as long as it doesn't increase again in January the public will accept it. I'm hoping the price increase has to do with their gas usage <cough...illuminations....cough>.
    - Horizonsfan

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Don't forget, the actual price is over $71 when you add the required Florida taxes.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    We'll find out starting Sunday when the cost of a one-day, one-park ticket reaches a new all-time industry high.

I guess the summer hasn't gone as well as Al Weiss and his execs hoped with this move plus the feel-good, but no substance hurricane policy he hyped a few days ago!
    Please Disney Company, get rid of Al Weiss and Jay Rasulo.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

~gulp~ they raised prices AGAIN??? C'mon!! Speaking from a one income/ military family...this is getting ridiculous. I mean, we LOVE Disney...LOVE it!! But, this is getting pricey. And we only have one kid. I can't imagine how families with three or four kids do it. How do they afford to go? Seriously, if they want to make money...they need to lower their parking and admission prices.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Ugh, I buy military APs and the price is still to much. For a family of four its over 1000 bucks for APs.

I am with Stichy-poo, BAD move Disney, bad move.

• Rock Star Minion

Is it worth $40 per day, assuming you can buy 10 days' worth of non-expiring parkhoppers? With this option, one could take two trips at his leisure, and the interest lost on the alternative investment is not big enough to fret about, considering two 5-day, expiring parkhoppers would cost (202+45-15 ) * 2 = $464.

Just takes some extreme advanced planning.

Also, the title of this thread is misleading. It costs $67 for one day, not "a day," which is usually used as a shortcut for "per day." Since there are various multi-day options available, one would be pretty stupid to buy one-day passes every time he went.
    If I had only one day in Orlando, I probably would not visit WDW. If I did, I'd probably buy multiple-day non-expiring passes, since I am likely to visit again.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Vehicle rotating backward

Someone take a look at the lines at the park entrances and Guest Relations today. They may be swamped. I notice that the park's site has replaced it's normally Flashy opening page with a notice saying the site is under too heavy stress to load the opening, so just use the navigation buttons to look somewhere else.

Almost makes you wonder if they needed to pay a bill tomorrow or something. Heh.

I don't find the thread misleading at all, and that wasn't my intention. A day is the same as one day.

I had no agenda in posing the question other than to see what the pulse was online ... and Disney is raising all tickets, including multi day and APs.

When I posed the question, I didn't offer an opinion as to whether or not I thought WDW was worth $67 a day or not.

I could -- quite easily as a matter of fact -- argue that a day at WDW is worth twice that. I could also argue that it's not.

A one-day ticket will never be an issue for me. I don't think I've ever bought one in my life unless it was a gift for someone.

I'm more interested in the motivation behind the increase, and I'm sorry but I'm not buying the fuel increase cost (unless of course Disney is paying its CMs more so they can get to work, which I sincerely doubt ... costs of many things fluctuate and you don't necessarily pass that on to the guests), until I see Disney adding monorail beams so they can stop the over-reliance on pollution-spewing, uncomfortable busses.

I can tell you after talking to a few friends today with connections at DRC that bookings for the fall (and that includes the rest of August) are way off what they thought they'd be ... especially with the Free Dining Magic Your Way deal.

And holiday bookings are thus far running behind where Disney expected them to be too, which is an even bigger concern, as August and September are two of the slowest months of the year and have gotten more so with the rash of hurricanes the past few years.

Now, you might say 'well why would Disney be raising its prices if fewer people are coming?' That's real simple. To off-set the lost revenue they projected for the fourth quarter.

Now, where's TDLFAN to compare the one-day cost of a day at the MK to all the other MK's in the world, especially TDL?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I remember when it was under $30 a day (tax included).

Definitely not woth $67 (plus tax). Pretty soon you're going to need to win the lotto or rob a bank to be able to go to a Disney park.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORDDU: If anything, they should LOWER their admission prices. That's what would attract more guests. But greedy management types don't often act as though they have any brains. They act as though they're working for large Oil Companies.

ORGOCH: Yeah, ev'rytime they goes 'n raises prices, they's just shootin' 'emselves in the feet! An' none a that money seems ta end up bein' spent where it oughtta be. Anyway, it ain't my problem. Got all I can do ta keep the price a frogs from goin' any higher. That's why I hunts 'em down fer free my own dang self!
    Excuse me, but are you feeling quite alright?
    Everyone seems to edge around when you post but I'm getting too curious, why do you post as three people? People have been locked up for less, and when it comes to the frogs...

I don't mean to be rude but curiosity got the better of me.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast