Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• DisneylandDan

Did you go hungry on Disney Dining Plan?

In 1 month Im going to WDW and I got the free dining plan. Has anyone used this and what was your experiance????Did you go hungry? Did you leave tips or is it included? Im a server and the last thing I wanna do is screw someone. Let me know your feelings on this plan. I already made reservations for the whole trip.

Im bored, lets go to Disneyland.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Did you go hungry on Disney Dining Plan?

It was free? Cool!

I don't think tips are included. Tip the billed amount, not the paid amount.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Former CM

The dining plan includes tips so no worry there. No one in my group went hungry. In fact we had more then enough food. The desert from the counter service meals usually wasn't eaten when we got them. The day before we left we had to redeem about 20 snacks between the 7 of us.

• DisneylandDan

Cool yah I got a great deal for 2 people staying 7 nights/8 days at popcentury, 8 day parkhoppers, dining plan, flights for $1500. Thats total with tax. Not bad.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster
    Cool yah I got a great deal for 2 people staying 7 nights/8 days at popcentury, 8 day parkhoppers, dining plan, flights for $1500. Thats total with tax. Not bad.
    OK, I'll ask more directly: how much would it be without the free dining plan? Is it just thrown in as a bonus?
    Mostly, I'm thinking that I can eat cheaper than what any plan costs (because there are people like me who could take advantage of such a plan!).
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• DisneylandDan

Dining plan was thrown in. It was a special they ran earlier in the year. I probobly coulda ate cheaper by doing it on my own too but I figured free food yahooo. If you go to WDW for pricing you could figure out the diff. Were saving alot I know that. I also got Soutwest flights when they were 99 each way so I scored there too.

• SpitSpot!

When we go at New Years, we opted for the dinning plan. We never would have had a sit down service meal, so we are indulging ourselves. Sure we could eat cheaper, but not as well. The dinners alone will pay for the package

The one thing I am not enjoying is having to plan ahead and book priority seating. I am more of a fly by the seat of your pants kind of girl. But it IS giving us the opportunity to have many Character meals instead having to choose one
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Former CM

Well for our trip my wife, son (2 1/2 at the time so he was free) and I saved our reciepts to compare. If we would of paid out of our pocket it would of been about $1200 for the trip, but the dining plan cost us $700 instaed. We wouldn't have spent as much if we didn't have the plan, but we still saved money because we do like going to a daily table service resturant. If all you want is fast food then the dining plan isn't for you. If you happen to be staying or visiting Cornado Springs then you can even get a steak as a counter service meal which I must admit was quite surprising to get as a fast food meal.

• I met Walt Disney!

Our family of four loved the dining plan. It's especially good for some of the higher end places at Epcot. When we go to WDW again in a few years, we will do the plan again.

• Banned User

I think the dining plan is saving epcot's butt. since you get one sit down table service a day. that means all the country restaurants are up for grab as well as character buffets at the resorts and MK. I think cinderella's table takes two table service credits as well as the show at the polynesian and dinner at the california grill. If I remember right it's around 38.00 a day for adults. and you get an appetiser, entre, and desert as well as nonalcoholic drink plus gratuities. I know that I spend at least that at a sit down restaurant for dinner.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster
    Dining plan was thrown in. It was a special they ran earlier in the year. I probobly coulda ate cheaper by doing it on my own too but I figured free food yahooo. If you go to WDW for pricing you could figure out the diff. Were saving alot I know that. I also got Soutwest flights when they were 99 each way so I scored there too.
    Sounds great if it's thrown in. Sometimes, I only eat twice per day on vacation, just to save time for other things. More snacking is involved, such as stealing fries off my kids' plates.
    I'm not going to the web site to figure it out just yet. I'm sure someone who's had to choose to pay for free dining has done all the analysis. There's probably a break-even dollar amount per day.
    And, I'd definitely be eating at EPCOT or other expensive restaurants each chance. Of course, that also means buying the park-hopper option (not that I wouldn't).

Anyway, sounds like a great trip. Have fun!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    I think the dining plan is saving epcot's butt.
    Why? Just because they are filling the restaurants? But is that really worth it when you get to WDW and can't make a last minute reservation anymore? And is it really worth it as the sit down restaurants all trim thier menus?

• Banned User

according to disney reservations they keep a few tables open each day for walk ups and I haven't really seen much of a cut in the menu offerings unless it happenned in the last month. at least not at the restaurants I frequent. what it does do is allow someone who wouldn't otherwise think of eating at a nice sitdown restaurant the advantage of doing so while keeping people in the parks instead of going off property to eat elsewhere. after all the restaurants are there to make money for the resorts.

• Married and happy again!!

We were going to try this for this past trip but where leary to do so we didn't know how well it worked. We may have to try it for our next trip.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    what it does do is allow someone who wouldn't otherwise think of eating at a nice sitdown restaurant the advantage of doing so while keeping people in the parks instead of going off property to eat elsewhere. after all the restaurants are there to make money for the resorts.
    Okay, fair enough. I'll buy that.

But I can say after visiting in July, the dinner buffet at 1900 Park Fare was smaller than all the past dinner buffets I've done at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace as far as dinner buffet variety...and the 50s Prime Time Cafe had a smaller menu with trimmed choices too.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast