Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chef Mickey's

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Re: Chef Mickey's

I read on another site that Disney is upping a lot of its sitdown meals and character events due to the overwhelming popularity of the Dining Plan. Seems a lot of locations are booking up way early, and a lot of people are getting ticked off that they can't get into their favorite location. Disney is also expanding hours on many of its restaurants to accommodate the crunch.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    if you like the crystal palace you will like chef mickey's.
    Yes, same good selection, more charecters and better service. Chef Mickey's is a winner.

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    I think it's popular because it's the only character experience with mickey.
    Mickey also appears at the Garden Grill in Epcot's Land pavillion.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doopey1
    Mickey also appears at the Garden Grill in Epcot's Land pavillion.
    Which I will also be eating at this vacation as well. Got my fill of Mickey Character lunches!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    I read on another site that Disney is upping a lot of its sitdown meals and character events due to the overwhelming popularity of the Dining Plan. Seems a lot of locations are booking up way early, and a lot of people are getting ticked off that they can't get into their favorite location. Disney is also expanding hours on many of its restaurants to accommodate the crunch.
    I wonder where you read that, Danny ...

Yes, the Disney Dining Desperation Plan strikes again ... that is the only reason Chef Mickey's has a lunch. It'll be gone come October.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    Which I will also be eating at this vacation as well. Got my fill of Mickey Character lunches!
    More like my fill!!

Blog Entries

I'll be coming over to Disney on the 26th of this month. My wife is wanting to try to do lunch with chef mickey. However, we're not sure what time we'll be getting there since we're driving in sometime that morning so I can't really tie myself down to a reservation. Is it going to be impossible to get in on the lunch if we just happen to be there or is a reservation required for that even at lunch?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole
    I'll be coming over to Disney on the 26th of this month. My wife is wanting to try to do lunch with chef mickey. However, we're not sure what time we'll be getting there since we're driving in sometime that morning so I can't really tie myself down to a reservation. Is it going to be impossible to get in on the lunch if we just happen to be there or is a reservation required for that even at lunch?
    Quite possible, especially since lunch is new and you'll have a smaller party. Since you are driving in, if you think you are going to make it try calling and see what you get? Although the 26th is Saturday... hmm, I think that is my only advice for you.

• Banned User

So basically it should be next to impossible to get Advanced Reservations at a Disney Restaurant this month and next... wonderful. *end sarcasm*

Yep. That's about it. Getting a PS at any restaurant is going to be difficult ... and any of the truly great spots, you can forget about.

In other words, you want to dine at Epcot you might get a weird time to eat at Norway for dinner, but that's about it.

My first trip to WDW in 2007 will be in May, right after the finish of a giant project that we do at work every year. I'm already trying to pin down a date when it will finish, so I can get my PS requests in early. I haven't been able to get a dinner at the Coral Reef in 2 years, cuz my normal routine is to book about 2 to 3 months out. Now I have to extend it out to 5 or 6 months out. Sure cuts down on the spontaneity, don't it?

• Banned User

i got my epcot reservations last week with no problems. actually the only night I had trouble was for friday and that was because emh's were there. btw i am going next weekend. so it's not impossible to get reservations even this late. you might not get the main dining times as they go fast but you can still get to eat.

Blog Entries

I do wish Disney would get rid of the Dining package. I hate having to make dinner reservations months and months and months in advance, especially since I don't plan most of my trips till about 2 months prior.

I have exactly the same problem, kcnole. I'm grudgingly trying to adapt, but I liked the old way much better.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I agree with that too. The earliest I used to make the reservations was when I arrived. How can I plan where I want to eat and what park I'm going to be in so far in advance?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast