Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chef Mickey's

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Chef Mickey's

My parents wanted to eat here when we go later this month, but I couldn't get a reservation for the dinner. I then decided to call again to see if maybe things have changed, and something did; there is now a lunch added to help with the crowds! The person I spoke too said it is new and will be here for the month and is the same menu, etc as dinner, so if anyone is interested in trying to get into Chef Mickey's, lunch is now an option.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Robot Chicken Rules!

Re: Chef Mickey's

Do they still have the characters working that lunch as well. Cause i know when i was a character performer at WDW. We only worked the morning and dinner, so i wonder if they have them coming in for lunch as well

• Banned User

we have eaten there several times and it's figment's favorite character buffet. We are going to be eating there again in august but this time it's going to be for breakfast. it's been awhile since we have attended a character breakfast so am looking forward to it.

• Married and happy again!!

We ate there this past Saturday for lunch we had on heck of a good time. It was the first in years that we ate there. Yes it was still a character lunch. I don't know who likes it more my kids or me.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Yes, it is a character lunch. I just found it interesting that they decided to add this lunch into the plan, since I do know character meals are usually breakfast and dinner only at the resorts. And Jessicalover, I believe this is the first time it's ever been offered as a lunch. Anyone know of a time before this when they had such an overflow they created a lunch buffet too?

• Married and happy again!!

I know it wasn't avalible the last time we ate there. My mom just happened across it when we were booking this trip and since it had been so long we went for it. I have never seen it offered for lunch before either Yoyoflamingo. But I will say to anyone who can get the reservation go for it. It is worth it!
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I wanted to do this last year for our daughter, but, couldn't get reservations...this year, I counted it down to the day (180 days in advance ) and called, thank God, I got reservations for breakfast. I hope she likes it. My parents took me to a character breakfast when I was little. So, it'll be extra special with them there. God willing...25 more days!!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy-poo
    I wanted to do this last year for our daughter, but, couldn't get reservations...this year, I counted it down to the day (180 days in advance ) and called, thank God, I got reservations for breakfast. I hope she likes it. My parents took me to a character breakfast when I was little. So, it'll be extra special with them there. God willing...25 more days!!
    Exaclty. I've never been able to dine there because of the same reason, so I hope all of this expectation lives up to all of the hype!

• Banned User

Well, thank you for the news. I had not even noticed. Are the prices lower at lunch?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84
    Well, thank you for the news. I had not even noticed. Are the prices lower at lunch?
    If the menu is the same, I would doubt it. It's either the same or a bit less I would assume? But who knows!

• Banned User

if you like the crystal palace you will like chef mickey's. and they used to have a great peanut butter and jelly pizza for kids. I hear they are expanding the restaurant later this year. I think it's popular because it's the only character experience with mickey.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84
    The reservations person I spoke to said that it's the same thing as dinner, so I took that to mean no.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

yoyo, I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

This is the first character breakfast for our family (other than when I was little)..so, I'm just praying it's worth it. It's $18.99 for adults, and $10.99 for the little one. With 5 adults and one tyke...that adds up! I thought about doing the Pooh bear one in Crystal Palace, but, didn't want to take time away from the park to sit and eat.Chef Mickey's will be on the day we got to Seaworld. I'll be sure to tell everyone how it goes.

the only thing that sucks, is how the characters are sprend out..although, I can understand why they do that. When I was little, the breakfast was on a ferry and ALL the characters were there. I was disappointed my little one couldn't do the same thing, but, then it's been 20 years...things gotta change, I guess.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I've eaten at Chef Mickey's before and I can tell you, it's a lot of fun. While characters come around to the tables, they also spend some time in the main lobby area, so there is additional time for interaction. Also, I believe the characters come to the tables more than once, so it's a big thrill to see them more than once, and then it's too late.

And the food (at least for dinner, never done the breakfast) is good too.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

We ate breakfast there last year and loved it! This is one place my 10 year old does not mind eating at and socializing with the characters. For some reason this is also the one place he will eat all of the food, including bacon. Go figure! Must be something in the air.

Lunch sounds good though. Don't tell anyone, but after eating we usually try and sneak into a bathroom to change into our swimsuits and swim in their pool. We always stay on property, so I don't look at this as "cheating." I'm a rebel!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast