Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Defying gravity

Am I The Only One Who Thinks That The Studios Needs a New Ride???

Does the Studios need a new ride?

All they got for the HCOE was Lights, Motors, Action! Granted, MK also got a show, but they've also gotten new rides more recently. Epcot and AK got E-ticket rides. New Pixar related rides/attractions are soon to open in all parks except...the Studios. Actually, the Studios is the only park wo/ a Pixar themed attraction.

What was the last real attraction that the Studios got besides the stunt show? (Narnia doesn't really count.) It seems like it was Rock-n-Roller Coaster for the 100 years of magic celebration or maybe Playhouse Disney Live on Stage.

Since EE has been built in MK, the Studios is sure to take the #4 spot in WDW theme park attendance. I think the Studios needs to step it up and get rid of monstrous attractions like Sounds Dangerous. What do you think?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Am I The Only One Who Thinks That The Studios Needs a New Ride???

Well the Studios are apparently slated to get Midway Mania.

I agree whole heartedly that the Studios need work. There just is not enough to do. There is so much that can be done with enertainment production, but it needs to be more well Movie X was a movie so we decided to build Movie X: The Ride.

• Banned User

The Studios is getting a new ride...Midway Mania a high-tech dark ride based on the Toy Story Trilogy.

• Married and happy again!!

I would love to see more added on to MGM I would love to see the Studio Backlot Tour totaly revamped or removed. It is getting sad and tired and hasn't had a serious update in years (unless you count the loss of the houses that where removed for the addition LMA and I don't). Also after the loss of the Hunchback show that stage has been relegated to storage for the Osbourn Family Lights storage what a waste. And to be honest what kind of waste of space is the Steets Of America set? Other than playing host of the aformentioned lights and part of the sad Backlot Tour. And is it just me or is it sad to see the boneyard vehicals sit there and just rust away? can't they find a better way to take care of thoughs props? That includes the plane which used to sit proudly and intact in front of Catastrophe Canyon. Even Walt's plane looks bad these days.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Banned User

oh goodie another shootem up ride!!! just what we need a let's be in a video game and shoot stuff for points. no wonder kids get bored so easily these days. the studios needs more than a new ride it needs a makeover. a serious makeover. but that won't happen as long as the current management is in charge. instead we are going to get the " let's put something in dca and then let's do the same thing in florida" I guess they figure you are going to go to one resort of the other because there will soon be no reason to go to both. they will have mostly the same rides.

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    oh goodie another shootem up ride!!! just what we need a let's be in a video game and shoot stuff for points. no wonder kids get bored so easily these days. the studios needs more than a new ride it needs a makeover. a serious makeover. but that won't happen as long as the current management is in charge. instead we are going to get the " let's put something in dca and then let's do the same thing in florida" I guess they figure you are going to go to one resort of the other because there will soon be no reason to go to both. they will have mostly the same rides.
    Isn't that the truth. You have stated the sad truth on the current state of things in the land of Disney. I hope new managment is instaled soon especialy when it comes to WDW. I don't want to be a clone of any of the other parks each one needs to be it's self.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Am I The Only One Who Thinks That The Studios Needs a New Ride???

To each his own, but this certainly sounds like a really incredible ride to me.

"The current Midway Mania plan has large vehicles seating eight people back to back spinning through the show building. Riders will be wearing 3-D glasses like the popular Spiderman ride out at Universal's Islands of Adventure park. But while this 3-D technology shares similarities with that attraction, it's the interactivity that will set it apart. Using flashlights themed to X-rays, riders will be able to use their "X-ray powers" to see through the walls of ride structures and behind the scenes of this arcade game as the Pixar Characters steal the show. Riders will be encouraged to aim their X-rays all over the place, as seemingly each shooting gallery show scene will have an endless array of behind-the-scenes antics and witty surprises going on. The advanced technology is such that the hidden show elements won't activate their audio and special effects until they've been discovered by an X-ray wielding rider, and right there you've got a repeatability factor that will send this ride through the roof. That it's being shepherded through its design by both seasoned Imagineers and animators from Pixar has everyone expecting that it will be a huge hit. A lot of this same technology is also being used for the new Monsters Inc. attraction being built in Tokyo Disneyland's Tomorrowland, and the big-spending Oriental Land Company has footed the bill for a lot of the development costs."

Full story here:

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al062006a.htm

Cheers.

Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

I think every Disney theme park in the world could use a new attraction.

That's an opinion I'd bet I'll hold until the day I die.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Disneyland - Nemo Subs, Coming Soon

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• I was deleted.

Eh, guests already think that there the Buzz attraction is there because of Pizza Planet and Al's Toy Barn meet-and-greet being in the park, so why not just move it out of Tomorrowland?

As for the 3D attraction that is being put in, I think that's good. I knew WDI was doing something amazing with 3D technology and this is it. The only thing that somewhat bothers me is the other 3D attraction in the park, it's 15 years old! What is to become of Muppet*Vision? I hope they at least give it a simple refurb, if not a full-blown one to fix it before it officially falls apart because next to any new 3D tricks, it Muppet*Vision will really appear to be full of "cheap 3D tricks."

• Minion

ORDDU: Disney M-G-M Studios lost the interest of us, here in Morva, ever since they took certain attractions away and either replaced them with something inferior--such as in the case of Monster Sound Stage versus that awful Drew Carey thing--or they didn't replace them with anything at all--as in the case of Super Star Television.

ORGOCH: The dang place makes DCA look like Tokyo Dizzyland!!

ORWEN: Oh, I agree! I'd much rather go to DCA than Disney M-G-M. Disney M-G-M is so unappealing these days. And that awful sorcerer's hat at the center of the park is so out of place! But we know you've already heard these same complaints before.

ORDDU: Too bad management isn't willing to take them seriously...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I always thought it would've cool to also expand the backlot tour a bit. Build big sets, not unlike "Catastrophe Canyon," illustrating live action special effects that they can do. USF doesn't have a tour like Hollywood's, so they can really add it up.

Start with several soundstages housing them. Then they can rotate the interiors for recent releases...if they have any, that is. If no...then go wit some crazy moments.

Wait, sounds like the GMR. Whatever. Just a thought.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover
    And to be honest what kind of waste of space is the Steets Of America set?
    That area has never been more than a waste, as far as I can tell.

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

I would still like to see an Indiana Jones ride added to MGM and a permanent Narnia attraction/ride of some sort, not to mention a re-hab of Star Tours.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Let's not forget that Midway Mania is replacing Millionaire. Like it or hate it, it still isn't adding anything to the park, it is merely replacing another attraction. Why not add something without taking anything out? That's what needs to be done.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast