• golly gawrrsh

Question about the Dining Plan

I'm confused about this. I've read a lot of posts that say "free dining plan" When my wife and daughter went in May we were on a dining play but it wasn't free.

I think it cost us about $35 each per day for 1 table 1 counter service and 1 snack each day.

have they changed this? Is there new dining plan or is everyone calling it "free" because it was paid for in advance?

Thanks.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Question about the Dining Plan

I believe in the slower months Disney gives you the Dining Plan for free when you stay at a resort. Or something to that effect. It's just a way to entice people to stay in a time period that usually doesn't get as much business.

If you go to allearsnet.com, it says they usually offer it in January and September. It's actually worth it, because Disney just paid for $2000 in food bills for us!

• xmanmom

Bummer for my trip though is that even though we are going in September we still had to pay for our dining plan. That's because we originally booked our trip in July and then had a change in plans, so even though we are going during the "free" dining plan, we are paying for it. Doh!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Its part of a promotion they have been running for most of the year for travel booked starting mid summer I believe it was.

Its not some 'automatically free' thing.. its a promotion for booking packages Disney was selling.

• Disneyholic

Yeah but even at 35$ per day if you plan your meals out it can save you quite a lot of money each day. Basically for the price of a table service diner you get that plus an extra counter service and snack. I generally save the desert from lunch as a second snack so you have someting if you get hungry late at night or a light breakfast in the am.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Yeah but even at 35$ per day if you plan your meals out it can save you quite a lot of money each day. Basically for the price of a table service diner you get that plus an extra counter service and snack. I generally save the desert from lunch as a second snack so you have someting if you get hungry late at night or a light breakfast in the am.
    I agree. If you like food or like sit-down meals, especially at some of the more expensive restaurants this is definitely the way to go, even if you are paying for it. Being a bit of a foodie myself and wanting to go to some of the more expensive table service meals we worked the numbers and realized it would save us money. Plus, it is nice to have all the food already paid for and we won't have to carry around as much cash or worry about staying within a budget. Especially since we almost always go over budget on food when we travel.

If, on the other hand, you eat very little, don't care about some of the fancier foods or only eat at counter service during your trip, the dining plan is probably not for you.